Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best RPG of 2008

Best RPG of 2008?

• Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fallout 3

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • NWN2: Storm of Zehir

• Sacred 2

• Hinterland

• The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

• Kivi's Underworld

• Penny Arcade: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness Episode Two

• Fable 2

• Drakensang: The Dark Eye

• Mount & Blade Retail Version

• DROD RPG: Tendry's Tale

• Space Siege

• The Spirit Engine 2

• Fate: Unsdiscovered Realms

• Silverfall: Earth Awakening

• Mass Effect PC

• King's Bounty: The Legend

• Avernum 5

• Total voters

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Voted for SoZ.

mondblut

Arcane
flabbyjack said:
I'm surprised there aren't more votes for the uber-sandbox Mount & Blade.

Cause it had been around for like 4 years already.

I am surprised there are so many votes for a patch.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Many fans of the BG series have been disappointed by NWN. This is a fact. BG2 has a more creative story and better combat [especially because of it being party based] than NWN. This is a fact, too."

Blah. Blah. Blah.

DemonKing

Arcane
Volourn said:
How can anyone vote for TW even they actually like it? The game didn't come out this year. An enhanced patch doesn't make it a new game worthy of the vote. if it did, NWN1 would eligible. Dumbasses.

No...NWN1 would never be eligible to be the best game of any year... :lol:

I voted for Mass Effect. It's the only one I've finished so far although I'm at various stages of completion with SoZ and FO3.

To be honest if they'd cut out the awful sidequests it would have been a clear winner...

I am suprised by how little love Drakensang receives.

Well, seeing as so far it has only been released in German, it's likely not a lot of people have played it yet.

Rhalle

Magister
Have to vote for Mass Effect, but would vote Witcher again if I could.

I liked NWN OC a lot also. I know the modders want to think that anything but the embarassing junk they make is irrelevant and that the game was mostly about the toolset, but they are wrong.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I voted for Mount & Blade out of all the CRPGs I played. Of course, I never bought NWN2 so no SoZ for me. I still haven't gotten around to The Witcher either. So, the choice would be out of Mass Effect, Fallout 3, and Mount & Blade.

BethesdaLove

Arbiter
Of those games I played... not a single one.
Fallout 3 wins by default... the plastic goblet of shit prize.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Fallout 3 wins by default for me as well. Haven't played anything else on that list, though I do own Sacred 2 and Mass Effect. I'll likely get around to them next year some time. (if I was allowed a couple of years leeway I would have voted for Nethergate Resurrection).

Mind you, SoZ should arrive today according to my supplier. That automatically goes up on the priority list for me as I would like to experience it before all the talk about it dries up.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Mass Effect, Fallout 3, and Mount & Blade."

Then pick ME or FO3. M&B has been around for more than a year. L0L

So, let me get... The 'winner' of the thread is a game that didn't come out this year and the runner up is one of the shittiest games ever?

WTF, codex, WTF!?!

made

Arcane
Haven't touched SoZ as I'm sick and tired of the NWN engine, ME is ok but nowhere close to GOTY material. That leaves only one option... GO WITCHER GO!!! :DDD

Silellak

Cipher
Volourn said:
"Mass Effect, Fallout 3, and Mount & Blade."

Then pick ME or FO3. M&B has been around for more than a year. L0L

So, let me get... The 'winner' of the thread is a game that didn't come out this year and the runner up is one of the shittiest games ever?

WTF, codex, WTF!?!

"One of the shittiest games ever"? I could see someone arguing it's one of the shittiest RPGs ever. At least in that case, they could make an argument, though I wouldn't agree with it.

However, it is gold compared to this sort of shit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game ... _reception

Matt7895 said:
BG2 has better combat than NWN?

R00fles!

You're right - it IS hilarious that anyone could consider NWN's combat to even be in the same league as BG2's combat.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
I don't care about games that ar ebyond the pale. Most of the games on your list aren't shitty. They're beyond shitty.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
I voted King's Bounty, if anyone cares. It's not a shitty game at all, not sure why it's losing to Fallout 3.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Jaime Lannister said:
I voted King's Bounty, if anyone cares. It's not a shitty game at all, not sure why it's losing to Fallout 3.

I suppose most of the people who like King's Bounty like The Witcher or SoZ even better, while the retards who love Fallout 3 don't like any quality games at all.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
TW, SOZ, FO3, and KB all suck even thoguh I have even't bothered to try those last two. Marketing was so dreadful on both of them, I didn't even get suckered out of my money!

HAHAHAHA!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom