Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Caves Of Qud Dev Turns Out To Be A Pedophile - Codex Mods Censor The Thread

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm going to bow out of this thread. Suffice it to say, I'm sorry that no one was around to save you when the Qud guy touched you Non-Edgy Gamer. The things you went through are horrific and not right. I hope some day you're able to find the healing and peace you deserve. #IstandwithNEG

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Creating a new dedicated thread for your discussion topic, with a title announcing QUD DEV IS A PEDOPHILE, is not censorship!

You're very brave for protecting pedophiles. The movement will remember your service. :salute:
He even misstated the thread title.

"Part time contractor" - yeah, gotta be real specific even when we're hiding the thread behind a password and a year's access on the ass end of the site.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
"Oh no, my free speech is being stifled because nothing I wrote was deleted and all the replies to it are still maintained and people can still read it and reply to it."

You're insanely retarded.
I give zero fucks about QuD or whether codex has free speech in general, but this is absolutely an instance of censorship, just as it would be if a copy of a book were 'moved' from a public library to a secure facility where only doctors and lawyers could read it. Are you going to argue China doesn't suppress free speech because some goverment official somewhere can read the real report on Tieneman Square?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I give zero fucks about QuD or whether codex has free speech in general, but this is absolutely an instance of censorship, just as it would be if a copy of a book were 'moved' from a public library to a secure facility where only doctors and lawyers could read it. Are you going to argue China doesn't suppress free speech because some goverment official somewhere can read the real report on Tieneman Square?
There is a significantly lower barrier to reading that thread.

Gaming drama belongs in the gaming drama subforum, simple.

Zeriel

Arcane
"Oh no, my free speech is being stifled because nothing I wrote was deleted and all the replies to it are still maintained and people can still read it and reply to it."

You're insanely retarded.

I also don't really care about the topic to any great degree. Leftists being pervs is just normal. But Infinitron as usual portraying his petty need to control everything as not a big deal and not what it is is absurd. I've been around here long enough to remember before the mods commonly moved whatever posts they didn't like out of threads for their control freak needs, so I know it doesn't have to be this way, and doesn't in anyway improve discussion or whatever. If anything, it harms it, as people get confused, and not just the people who took part in the posts that mods clearly consider "wrong" (else why would they need to be segregated?), it's a drastic alteration of the thread's context that leaves bystanders and new visitors bemused.

It's also a "problem" that absent mod retardation would solve itself. People would discuss the insanity of the devs for a while, then move on.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In

Gaming drama belongs in the gaming drama subforum, simple.
Especially when it involves a pedophile at one of your favorite games studios, eh?

The "Gaming Drama" forum is just a way for Infinishill to hide anything not neutral-positive from RPG Discussion.

How many DMs did you send to get him to move it btw? Or did he do it on his own?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
If it wasn't for this thread, I never would've found out.
The split that created the thread in Gaming Drama created no notifications for me.
Infinitron explain.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
You're just splitting hairs here. You don't need to be shot on sight by the codex assassin squad for it to be censorship. 'Updating' old books to remove NIGGER from them is censorship too, even if the old books are still around and anyone over the age of 6 can find them or the original text if so inclined. If you think the site needs censorship to avoid being a cesspool of political garbage and juicy gossip, fine, whatever. I'm not here for that shit anyways and wish people would spend more time talking about how retarded various game mechanics are. But call a spade a spade.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
this thread shows up now as #1 result in google for "caves of qud dev pedophile" and it's accessible without a codex account

happy now Non Emo Gamer?

(second result is rpghq :smug: )

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
now if Infinitron was so proactive in removing my shitty Bethestard tag as I have asked 1000 times to do as he is to move around retarded threads that would really be a christmas miracle

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
this thread shows up now as #1 result in google for "caves of qud dev pedophile" and it's accessible without a codex account
Not for long. Some mod will probably come here and retardo it saying it's "run its course" or similar.

Over 120k people saw the pedo dev's tweet about this, so that might turn up a couple of new users before this dies down and becomes just another topic that gets you banned from their discord or reddit. Then again, maybe they're all like Roguey or Infinitron and just want it swept under the rug.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yeah ok maybe he's a pedo but let's not make a big deal about it.

I mean, it's not like he's a real menace to society that liked a Trump tweet once, or asked whether illegally immigrating thousands per day is a good idea. Now THAT would be a fireable offence.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
It's the same with "wokeness" debates, it's just (some of) the moderation team wanting to push their own political beliefs onto others by memory holing this stuff that a lot of people are reasonably interested in.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom