Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Caves Of Qud Dev Turns Out To Be A Pedophile - Codex Mods Censor The Thread

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
"I hope that he recovers"?

What about the 12yo girl he molested, you complete faggot?
wtf the game have to do with some fiddled children. One doesn't correlate with the other my guy. My 2 cents.

And "contractor" is a copout. Everyone is a contractor when it's an indie dev. Doesn't mean you let just anyone interact with fans and post as a dev.
Plenty of trannies, furries and fag contractor workers in the gaming industry, why u not also inicluding then in your complain. :smug:

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
caves of qud cancellation when?

or wait, it's OK to be a pedo in CURRENT_YEAR, what is NOT ok is to deny your children to be trans or refusing to bow to niggers

Reever

Scholar
Patron
Are you going to argue China doesn't suppress free speech because some goverment official somewhere can read the real report on Tieneman Square?
Because moving a thread about some random garbage human being on a niche forum where people throw shit at each other on the definition of RPGs is the same as a communistic hellhole suppressing information in order to quell any resistance.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
'Updating' old books to remove NIGGER from them is censorship too, even if the old books are still around and anyone over the age of 6 can find them or the original text if so inclined.
The problem is that new uncensored books aren't being printed. You can still post in the thread, it's just in the appropriate subforum.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The Codex's Ukraine war thread is in a private swept under the rug censored forum, that's why it has only 8800 pages.

It's the exact same access permissions.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
The Codex's Ukraine war thread is in a private swept under the rug censored forum, that's why it has only 8800 pages.

It's the exact same access permissions.
Just merge it back? Why do this, there never was a point to detach this, apart from your political leanings.

EDIT: Very much serious, Roguey

If people would exclude everything you found interesting to know about a game that you would complain as well. You just think it's good because you like these topics to be excluded.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Infinitron no matter what you do the Codex will not be politically sterile vidya gaem discussion thread.

I can understand splitting when the thread is active and there are people actually actively discussing gameplay and other part of the game and constatn idpol derailing is annoying

But the CoQ is pretty much dead with probably less than 10 new posts discussing it in a month, there is absolutely 0 reason to split it

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Just merge it back? Why do this, there never was a point to detach this, apart from your political leanings.
Is this a discussion about the game itself or about drama involving the game? Ergo, Gaming Drama it goes.
It is a Discussion about the game itself. And so are all the debates about the inclusion of Bodytypes instead of Sex.

Whats your reasoning there?
Stop pretending the exclusion is anything else but politically motivated,

"I hope that he recovers"?

What about the 12yo girl he molested, you complete faggot?
wtf the game have to do with some fiddled children. One doesn't correlate with the other my guy. My 2 cents.

And "contractor" is a copout. Everyone is a contractor when it's an indie dev. Doesn't mean you let just anyone interact with fans and post as a dev.
Plenty of trannies, furries and fag contractor workers in the gaming industry, why u not also inicluding then in your complain. :smug:
it ain't just game development but software development in general

Younger millenials and zoomers who are getting into tech are autistically fixated with it. there's nothing else in their lives and are unable to relate to normal people if they aren't talking about tech. older gens did cocaine. zoomers just go gay.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
One has to ask what goals yehuditron has in doing this as an administration member.

One goal of administration policy could be to simply increase the number of active and new users, the number of views and citations. This is always good, at the least it gives owners more sweet ad money. For this, provocative and eye catching topics and headlines are good - the classics of journalism.

In this case, the thread about this incident would be posted in News section with title "ONE OF THE CAVES OF QUD DEVS OUTED TO BE A PEDOPHILE. RPG KODEX SPECIAL INVESTIGATION" with actual open source investigation made by someone with roguey levels of autism.

But we know that this is not the kind of growth (((administration))) wants. It wants KKKodex to be the non-problematic, safe and respectable game news outlet, the one where even woke devs won't be afraid to post.

Which is simply beyond retarded. The fate of KKKodex is to be the Breitbart of gaming sites in the sea of CNNs.

None

Scholar
What do you propose instead? Hard labor for life? Banned from labor? Execution?
A punishment for pedophilia? That's not what the discussion was about.

Qud is a game. Some of the people who've bought that game are going to be under 18.

But they either had no problem hiring a pedophile and letting him interact with potential underaged fans, or they didn't even bother to check while they went to insane lengths to strain out the occasional conservatives unfortunate enough to buy their games with their "bigot bucks".
In what capacity does he interact with fans?

But the CoQ is pretty much dead with probably less than 10 new posts discussing it in a month, there is absolutely 0 reason to split it
If the Caves of Queer thread is completely dead (it is), wouldn't moving the subject into Gaming Drama give the discussion actual attention?
Don't hit me with that "but now a new member won't see it" shit because you and I both know literally NOBODY is going to sign up on this forum to talk about fucking Caves of Qud in the first place.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Is this a discussion about the game itself or about drama involving the game?
This is codex. Unless the game is so bad no one talks about it, every thread has both the game and about drama related to it being talked about.
Any other "drama" can remain for pages on pages in every topic without the moderations intervention.

It's very specific topics, that lead to a split.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
'Updating' old books to remove NIGGER from them is censorship too, even if the old books are still around and anyone over the age of 6 can find them or the original text if so inclined.
The problem is that new uncensored books aren't being printed. You can still post in the thread, it's just in the appropriate subforum.
You can still print a new uncensored copy of Tom Sawyer as well if you have a printer. It's just in the appropriate location (not where anyone in the public might see it) durr hurr.

This is a very simple thing. Either something is public or not. Removing it from public availability for the purpose of hiding it is censorship. End of line. The entire gaming drama subforum was obviously created for that explicit purpose. I don't understand why you're trying to pretend otherwise. It's not like it gets used because people are discussing other drama like changes to studios, game awards, or reviewers or other websites. It's just the dumping ground for anything bashing something woke.

Again, if you want to censor the codex to be more woke for advertisers or whatever the fuck you think it's good for, I don't really care. If it gets bad enough I'll leave, I'm not trying to wage a war for the purity of the codex. But pretending that a dev adding 32 genders to their game is drama but a famous developer leaving a studio is gaming information is fooling nobody but your own choir.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
You can still print a new uncensored copy of Tom Sawyer as well if you have a printer. It's just in the appropriate location (not where anyone in the public might see it) durr hurr.
As long as something's in the public domain, people can do whatever transformations they want with it. It's bad when the only official legal option available is a censored version. The public obviously has easy access to anything in the public domain.

This is a very simple thing. Either something is public or not. Removing it from public availability for the purpose of hiding it is censorship. End of line. The entire gaming drama subforum was obviously created for that explicit purpose. I don't understand why you're trying to pretend otherwise. It's not like it gets used because people are discussing other drama like changes to studios, game awards, or reviewers or other websites. It's just the dumping ground for anything bashing something woke.
The purpose of that subforum is so this place doesn't become too much of a magnet for people who only want to talk about culture war subjects and have no actual interest in games.

I checked NEG's post history in that thread and he never talked about the game. He only ever came in there to talk about how much he hates the queer leftist devs. Why should people who just want to talk about the game have to put up with that shit?

Athena

Educated
The purpose of that subforum is so this place doesn't become too much of a magnet for people who only want to talk about culture war subjects and have no actual interest in games.
Have you considered that, if devs can't stop turning video games into a battleground for their politics, gamers won't stop acknowledging such issues?

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Why should people who just want to talk about the game have to put up with that shit?
They don't. They could put him on ignore. Why should people who want to know when nexus mods starts banning mods they like using require access to a special hidden subforum only longtime members can view?

Just because the censorship has a purpose doesn't make it not censorship. The purpose of prosperland was to avoid him shitting up the rest of the forums with inane bullshit while still letting him have limited posting priveleges to keep some people entertained. Also obviously censorship. You keep trying to justify why it's a good thing to have split the thread but I'm not arguing it isn't- I'm just pointing out it's censorship and it's dishonest to claim otherwise.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom