Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Caves Of Qud Dev Turns Out To Be A Pedophile - Codex Mods Censor The Thread

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Looks like Infinitron also moved my post containing only "[censored]" from the thread, along with other very general posts concerning the devs' actions in general and not specifically mentioning the current drama.

Totally not censorship though.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I just want to reiterate, even if I am in full agreement, that reasonable left leaning people do not want anything to do with these people, the woke agenda or even feminism.
Robert Kurvitz groomed his girlfriend and the only place that thought that was any kind of big deal was this one. :M
Apart from this not being true as you will not grasp everyone who is interested in this, AFAICT this was also debated on other freer speech platforms like X, right? Thats where this is from.
So your reaction only shows that you orient yourself on the echo chambers that people like you create and then pretend nobody is interested in this.

How convenient.
reasonable left leaning people
whats their opinion on niggers?
Probably treat them as gods.

Any racism is bad racism, meaning also that against whites. I am no adherent to the Victim Pyramid that has been implemented, there is neither something noble nor villainous in ones "race" it's all just stupid shit and ideological idiots making power graps, also all these Ideas, I am not going to pretend it did not exist in circles but I did not know, were not something generally accepted or even talked about. When I was young these things were not problematic while having left-wing views on matters:

- being pro-life
- Eating and enjoying meat
- having morals instead of moral relativism
- being christian (though I am not)
- Having sympathy for men, like I always had, in the case they have systematic issues

And there is much more. I retain my position that what happened was a Trojan horse that was wheeled in and captured all the too "kind to question", "socially inept and autist" and weird people and I am not blind to the huge amount of people getting captured (like Roguey ITT) who now say they are "liberal" while they are illiberal and totalitarian, "progressive" while they have regressive views on Race for example, or "left" while stating things I as a lefty could never say like having disdain for the working class.

I have to state this from time to time, because some people are so captured in clear enemy lines, that granted, those people "on *this left* (that I don't recognize) have created, that reason can not come back. Left and right are sides of the same coin, and both sides are necessary (change as much as tradition for example) and these things are supposed to balance each other. Those people we are "fighting" are mostly absolutely anti-reason (as they believe in death cults) they do not have political positions but ideological "faith".

I am reading the great Book of the christians at this moment and the similarities (reading the book of the Kings, old testament currently) in which some of the Kings reneged on their Covenant with god and reverted to polytheistic beliefs and started burning their children for the baal is eerily similar: This is not a "political revolution" it's a faith based unraveling of society as a whole, including people reverting back to whorshipping trees or Mother Gaia.

And regarding african people:
My first Girlfriend was a very attractive half-kongolese woman, highly educated as well, she is a Doctor by now. There is nothing inherently good about being black but I find dark skin and some of the more southern africans attributes very attractive, this however may be related to the fact that I am a Red-head and there is a attraction both ways because of that, I guess. Also I am german, we have less baggage with this black and white stuff.
That said I am married to a White woman for 13 years now, so whatever that means to you, it has no bearing on what is currently happening in my life.

That is all I am willing to state on these matters in this thread.

OttoQuitmarck

Educated
I just want to reiterate, even if I am in full agreement, that reasonable left leaning people do not want anything to do with these people, the woke agenda or even feminism.
Robert Kurvitz groomed his girlfriend and the only place that thought that was any kind of big deal was this one. :M
Apart from this not being true as you will not grasp everyone who is interested in this, AFAICT this was also debated on other freer speech platforms like X, right? Thats where this is from.
So your reaction only shows that you orient yourself on the echo chambers that people like you create and then pretend nobody is interested in this.

How convenient.

Any racism is bad racism, meaning also that against whites. I am no adherent to the Victim Pyramid that has been implemented, there is neither something noble nor villainous in ones "race" it's all just stupid shit and ideological idiots making power graps, also all these Ideas, I am not going to pretend it did not exist in circles but I did not know, were not something generally accepted or even talked about. When I was young these things were not problematic while having left-wing views on matters:

- being pro-life
- Having sympathy for men, like I always had, in the case they have systematic issues

And there is much more. I retain my position that what happened was a Trojan horse that was wheeled in and captured all the too "kind to question", "socially inept and autist" and weird people and I am not blind to the huge amount of people getting captured (like Roguey ITT) who now say they are "liberal" while they are illiberal and totalitarian, "progressive" while they have regressive views on Race for example, or "left" while stating things I as a lefty could never say like having disdain for the working class.

I have to state this from time to time, because some people are so captured in clear enemy lines, that granted, those people "on *this left* (that I don't recognize) have created, that reason can not come back. Left and right are sides of the same coin, and both sides are necessary (change as much as tradition for example) and these things are supposed to balance each other. Those people we are "fighting" are mostly absolutely anti-reason (as they believe in death cults) they do not have political positions but ideological "faith".

I am reading the great Book of the christians at this moment and the similarities (reading the book of the Kings, old testament currently) in which some of the Kings reneged on their Covenant with god and reverted to polytheistic beliefs and started burning their children for the baal is eerily similar: This is not a "political revolution" it's a faith based unraveling of society as a whole, including people reverting back to whorshipping trees or Mother Gaia.

My first Girlfriend was a very attractive half-kongolese woman, highly educated as well, she is a Doctor by now. There is nothing inherently good about being black but I find dark skin and some of the more southern africans attributes very attractive, this however may be related to the fact that I am a Red-head and there is a attraction both ways because of that, I guess. Also I am german, we have less baggage with this black and white stuff.
That said I am married to a White woman for 13 years now, so whatever that means to you, it has no bearing on what is currently happening in my life.

Can tell you're a leftist by the giant wall of text you felt the need to post

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron

How convenient.

- being pro-life

Can tell you're a leftist by the giant wall of text you felt the need to post
I have not much in common with the people you are refering to.

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
As a new user I would like to state this is something I would have liked to have been informed about. The wife sounds like a complete fucking fruit loop and I would have enjoyed reading a thread about this stuff if she was involved. Having to wait a year to see a hidden forum is a very long time and reduces the enjoyment I could have laughing at sex shamans. Maybe consider reducing the time users need to be on the site before they get access to laughing at sex shamans subforums please.

As for the censorship, IMO the post should have been edited to "Developer/contractor/sex shaman's cuck found to be a pedophile. More details in this thread" and a thread link. Redirecting to keep the current thread on topic while also allowing discussion of the topic in a more fitting domain.

I am not a sex shaman, I maybe wrong on everything I just said. I am also not a sexcromancer.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
As for the censorship, IMO the post should have been edited to "Developer/contractor/sex shaman's cuck found to be a pedophile. More details in this thread" and a thread link. Redirecting to keep the current thread on topic while also allowing discussion of the topic in a more fitting domain.
Yeah, the lack of a note when moving is even more fishy.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Any racism is bad racism,

How can you be German (I.e. be a minority in your own area) and not become extremely racist? I didn't know you were a cuck, what a shame..

One does not need to be racist to have opinions on the matter of migration, which I do not oppose, but there is clearly a point to be made that it should be controlled, the more right-wing you are the more you would want to control it's a spectrum there is not only "no Migration" and "fully open borders".

If people are willing to Integrate I do not see a reason to not welcome them and I have a fair bit of good examples in that regard, if they are not I also do not see a reason to welcome them.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
this thread shows up now as #1 result in google for "caves of qud dev pedophile" and it's accessible without a codex account

happy now Non Emo Gamer?

(second result is rpghq :smug: )
0F6Qq95.png

R*ddit no. 1
RPGHQ no. 2
RPG Codex last :lol:

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
Any racism is bad racism,

How can you be German (I.e. be a minority in your own area) and not become extremely racist? I didn't know you were a cuck, what a shame..

One does not need to be racist to have opinions on the matter of migration, which I do not oppose, but there is clearly a point to be made that it should be controlled, the more right-wing you are the more you would want to control it's a spectrum there is not only "no Migration" and "fully open borders".

If people are willing to Integrate I do not see a reason to not welcome them and I have a fair bit of good examples in that regard, if they are not I also do not see a reason to welcome them.
I'm not going to get into a huge political rant on a fucking RPG forum but.

You cannot allow rival groups to form within your own borders or eventually they come to take it over. The one non-white family in a town of whites will have no choice but to interact with the white population. Any more than that and you build a parallel society within your borders that starts competing for power and resources. It's the same reason you cannot tolerate alternative life styles and the witch is a common folk lore character. Women turning to brewing beer and selling it to avoid having a husband (and hence kids) is a direct threat on your civilization's stability. There is never an acceptable level of treason within a nation and any attempt to subvert the native population and it's resources away from building more of it's self and becoming more resistant to outsiders influence is a weakness to be exploited sooner or later. History is full of a small group of outsiders funding or starting revolts that end in genocide for the original population. The greatest empires in human history fell to the same outsider influences and it doesn't matter how much you like your token black friend and Turkish fast food places. You cannot allow a cancer to grow if you want a healthy body.
Vic. I said I like shooting things in Starfield. No one else could be that retarded.

darkpatriot

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Surprisingly little conversation on the supposed topic of the thread, with most of it being discussion about the longstanding practice of the codex to remove political discussions in threads to move them to subforums as well as blocking the non-gaming threads behind needing to be logged in as a year long account to see.

While I'd prefer that wasn't the case (so I could browse them without logging in, especially with the cursed 2FA), I understand the admin's desire to suppress political conversations in order to elevate the gaming conversations. As a moderation light (in particular without moderation regarding political or social views) website it attracts a lot of people with views that are largely unwelcome elsewhere on the internet. Without that measure I would say it is pretty likely that the site would have been completely overrun with those particular viewpoints with most other posters who either had conflicting views, or just didn't want to talk about politics when discussing games, run off. So I don't really think it is a bad policy from that point of view.

On the topic at hand, it sounds like the guy already did his time. It also isn't clear to me how much he was just some hired help, and how much he was a core member of the development. Just because he was a contractor doesn't mean he didn't play a significant role. But I generally go with people shouldn't continually be re-punished for past crimes, even serious ones. There also really isn't any safety concern here regarding his job putting him in close contact with minors or anything. So that aspect seems very overblown.

Him living in some weird kind of poly-cult where a "spiritual advisor" who is the "leader of the household" who has control over whether he has any "sexual involvement" is probably not good for him, though. And I would be 100% willing to claim that person is probably a manipulative psychopath who is a much worse person than this pedo dev. So in that sense, it seems like he is still being punished.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom