Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Dominions 6 - Rise of the Pantokrator: The New Decline a.k.a ProfessionalThroneSitters MP Match (Ongoing!)

In what age should we play?

• Early Age

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Middle Age

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Late Age

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters

Dayyālu

Arcane
Just not having the map layout visible fucks with expansion planning so much

Yes, scouting is far, far more important. I still dumped a significant amount of resources into scout (mostly because underground you TRULY want to know what you're facing because 60% of the indie combos are murderous) and I feel it's still not enough.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Marveni (Optimist) has claimed the first throne, the throne of life! Thematically appropriate and probably quite useful for the tree fondlers.

We're on turn 9 now I believe? Turns have been going by quickly these last couple days. Not much to report on my end, early game water is boring. All the cool places are on the scary land.

Like this place.
JwRUs26.png

Dayyālu

Arcane
All the cool places are on the scary land.

Meanwhile, the Underground 90+ Indie stacks keep watching me.

Fun fact, I didn't get a single Shade Beasts stack. Got enough cynowhatevers and Underground Galicians to entertain myself for weeks, tho. I'm starting to believe the Cave experience will be indeed peculiar.

Damned Registrations

Ah, there was one thing that happened to me I thought was funny, thought it was before I figured out how to take screenshots (it's very buggy for some reason) but basically I had a province event where, due to 'overpopulation' the province lost a bunch of people to pollution. The province was, of course, at 1/3rd it's expected capacity.

:happytrollboy:

I'm curious what the community in general is going to settle on in the long term as the 'fair' setting for caves. It's definitely a gamechanger, and makes a lot of previously crap units and spells suddenly have a niche worth using, instead of being viable on like 3 scattered provinces on an entire map.

I look forward to Dom7, when they'll add a global enchant that causes constant earthquakes, killing everyone in caves every turn.

Damned Registrations

It was before I figured out how to take screenshots (it's very buggy for some reason)
I can just take screenshots the same basic way I take screenshots of my desktop, how can that be buggy?
Half the time when I try to take a screenshot it gives me a shot of a 'please wait' black screen instead of what I'm looking at. No idea how or why, said screen is never visible to me. I thought maybe it's because of a shared hotkey but it happens in and out of battle and various other screens.

Andnjord

Arcane
It was before I figured out how to take screenshots (it's very buggy for some reason)
I can just take screenshots the same basic way I take screenshots of my desktop, how can that be buggy?
Half the time when I try to take a screenshot it gives me a shot of a 'please wait' black screen instead of what I'm looking at. No idea how or why, said screen is never visible to me. I thought maybe it's because of a shared hotkey but it happens in and out of battle and various other screens.
Maybe it might has something to do with playing in windowed borderless mode?

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
It definitely does seem like the indies are stronger in 6 but I haven't really played 5 after all the patches so can't tell for sure.

Caves always had weird pops with lava warriors and dog people to fuck you up tho.

Andnjord

Arcane
It definitely does seem like the indies are stronger in 6 but I haven't really played 5 after all the patches so can't tell for sure.

Caves always had weird pops with lava warriors and dog people to fuck you up tho.
I didn’t play Dom5, but they’re supposed to be stronger in 6 indeed, that’s what I’ve read in all the early expansions discussions. Which definitely will translate into extra pain for the underground nations :-D

Damned Registrations , have you tried the Steam screenshot function? I think it’s f12 by default.

Damned Registrations

@Damned Registrations , have you tried the Steam screenshot function? I think it’s f12 by default.
Eh, steam screenshots are a pain to manage. Simply taking the screenshot more than once seems to work randomly, eventually.

Are they really that much worse than cavalry? Or the damned shark tribe. 9 attacks per tiles, 6 of those poisoned, with berserk... fucking cunts.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
@Damned Registrations , have you tried the Steam screenshot function? I think it’s f12 by default.
Eh, steam screenshots are a pain to manage. Simply taking the screenshot more than once seems to work randomly, eventually.

Are they really that much worse than cavalry? Or the damned shark tribe. 9 attacks per tiles, 6 of those poisoned, with berserk... fucking cunts.

OK water is even more cancer, it always was the most cancerous area to expand.

But caves combine the partial darkness with very hard hitting indie types. And on the surface you can meet some tribals too and cav has low pop usually... Surface can also be bad but caves are more often bad.

Dayyālu

Arcane

Sea always demanded.... a calculated approach. Caves have all another tier of problems tho. I'm Agartha and I have built-in darkvision, I can only wonder those who have no or only partial darkvision can manage, because there are for sure some "approachable" indies (Zotz stacks, yes, 50/60+ flyers but they're Zotz, Cavemen and the like) but Trogs, Lavaborn, Cynofuckers, stacks of ethereal undead or 90+ Underground Galicians are a pain to deal with.

Being careful or having awake expander seems to be the rule.

Damned Registrations

Oh yeah, can't believe I forgot about Trogs and those fucking umbral shades. Good luck with that shit! *Sounds of vault door closing*

Demo.Graph

Liturgist
Gib me some LP posts, gents, if you'll be so kind.
I've bought the game. I have no time to play it properly. I need at least a whiff of the crack.

Johannes

Arcane

More indies for sure, they cranked up the numbers all around. More indies, more population, more income, higher infra/mage costs... And it's Illwinter, so zero fucks given about balancing any of it.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

More indies for sure, they cranked up the numbers all around. More indies, more population, more income, higher infra/mage costs... And it's Illwinter, so zero fucks given about balancing any of it.

Yea I'm legit struggling expanding, not even gonna lie. Obviously Ulm needs to mass the troops to expand but this is harder than before.

Damned Registrations

I've bought the game. I have no time to play it properly. I need at least a whiff of the crack.
Well, unless anybody else has been fighting, Pyrene has claimed first blood against another dominion- my scout died while trying to explore his home province. There will, of course, be severe consequences if this unprovoked act of self defence is not followed up with reparations. That scout cost me 35 gold!

Tanaka

Educated
Well, unless anybody else has been fighting, Pyrene has claimed first blood against another dominion- my scout died while trying to explore his home province. There will, of course, be severe consequences if this unprovoked act of self defence is not followed up with reparations. That scout cost me 35 gold!
Thank you for the snack it was delicious! Tastes like chicken!

REhorror

Educated
Middle Age is best.

Ulm and Yomon master race here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom