Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Dominions 6 - Rise of the Pantokrator: The New Decline a.k.a ProfessionalThroneSitters MP Match (Ongoing!)

In what age should we play?

• Early Age

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Middle Age

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Late Age

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters

Mortmal

Arcane
It definitely does seem like the indies are stronger in 6 but I haven't really played 5 after all the patches so can't tell for sure.

Caves always had weird pops with lava warriors and dog people to fuck you up tho.
More indies for sure, they cranked up the numbers all around. More indies, more population, more income, higher infra/mage costs... And it's Illwinter, so zero fucks given about balancing any of it.

Yea I'm legit struggling expanding, not even gonna lie. Obviously Ulm needs to mass the troops to expand but this is harder than before.
You need to tank the dominion and put scales full on productivity growth order and luck, mostly ignore magic besides getting the national evocation spell and a few items to thug out your commanders.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
I just realized that I forgot about the whole terraforming issue. So Death would be a natural scale for Abysia, what with the limited effects of it anyways...

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
With the end of the first year, time to look back and bask at our achievements :
- I'm not dead.

Not a very eventful year. My lack of training made me very cautious against the large stack of independants, and if you add the need to pay 1000 upfront for a fort it was overall underwhelming. It took me far too long to get a second expansion stack. Still, I did not loose any major fight, only lost a province to independant (hurray for misfortune). My scouting network still has the half of the (very large) map to explore. The great news is that my pretender god, Absolutely Halal, has awoken at last, so big parties will the thrown all over the kingdom, with evergreen fruits and Turkish Ubarish delights. Also naked ladies and hashish. And to celebrate, I'll send a gem to whoever brofists this post.

All in all a decent start. The fact that 4 thrones have already been claimed fills me with awe, but my turn will come.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Thought I had it all figured out, picking scales to avoid indie revolts in my provinces... and Squeeco fucks it up with his dominion and I lose one immediately after taking it. :argh:

Definitely been having a lot of 'first actual MP game' fuckups, but I can't complain about my position all things considered. Game feels weirdly peaceful, I was expecting at least a couple people to be crying about how their neighbour rushed them with hell blessed giants or something on turn 3. Perhaps it's the new enforced NAP system? Or is someone out there getting beat up and staying quiet about it?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
1st year is a disaster. I never played Kaliasa before and didn't realize how awful all the soldiers besides the Bandar are. Combined with a lack of scouting, forgetting to move my general in one of the months, and said lack of scouting ended up with my expansion team hitting Tien Chi's wall just pretty much fucked it all up expansion-wise.

Hopefully, I can survive to end of 2nd year but considering my bordering neighbour, not counting much on it.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
1st year is a disaster. I never played Kaliasa before and didn't realize how awful all the soldiers besides the Bandar are. Combined with a lack of scouting, forgetting to move my general in one of the months, and said lack of scouting ended up with my expansion team hitting Tien Chi's wall just pretty much fucked it all up expansion-wise.

Hopefully, I can survive to end of 2nd year but considering my bordering neighbour, not counting much on it.

I have many attempts at crafting a Kailasa pretender but not even hell bless offers good enough I think you are forced to take awake expander 100% to even be in the running.

Johannes

Arcane

I still see some independent provinces to your west up for grabs. Or is some neighbour already bashing your head in?

Tanaka

Educated

How many times have I seen the line I have never played said nation before and everything is a disaster lol...that is usually what will always happen haha

Dayyālu

Arcane
First year was predictable. Cave independents are very hard to deal with but insanely enough I had decent expansion (not amazing, but I took some risks and I lost some commanders to crazy indie stunts, luckily no expansion parties got wiped). I have two neighbours and I wonder who's going to jump in first (or who's getting a face full of clumsy Pale one spears).

Choices, choices.

How many times have I seen the line I have never played said nation before and everything is a disaster lol...that is usually what will always happen haha

I've never seen a winning Kailasa and I play this hellgame since Dominions 3. Maybe the nation is cursed. Should have taken Lanka, it has sexier units.

Or is someone out there getting beat up and staying quiet about it?

I started in the caves and that cuts game complaints by 75%, and apparently no one took a Awake Expander or a Hellbless. Maybe Pyrene, but I don't know if it counts as a "proper" hellbless.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

I still see some independent provinces to your west up for grabs. Or is some neighbour already bashing your head in?

That's the problem, I expanded east just to meet you

Meanwhile, I can't really build solid second expedition team because how the roster just plain sucks and I can't expand with a small team, need an actual army

In ideal condition, those provinces should already be mine, but I misplayed hard

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Well, well, well Catacombs . Are you sure that was a wise decision?
tenor.gif

Dayyālu

Arcane
It's in time like these I remember there's some insane guy out there that has commissioned hundreds of Dominions fanart pieces, that go from legitimately cool art to memes to anime-style to lewds.

Also we have a people's tournament, and I guess some wars are starting. As Agarthans we wonder what to do with the Human Menace, growing in our most holy caves....

KWhyF3U.jpeg

Look at them. Dressed in the most ridiculous way, barely civilized, their women repulsive to look at. Their only saving grace is that their older kin at least is giant-sized, they must have some decent ancestry, but by the Pantokrator two eyes.

A menace to Cave life, I must say.

Andnjord

Arcane
It's in time like these I remember there's some insane guy out there that has commissioned hundreds of Dominions fanart pieces, that go from legitimately cool art to memes to anime-style to lewds.
You're throwing this out without even sharing the most disturbing ones, really?

Demo.Graph

Liturgist
You're throwing this out without even sharing the most disturbing ones, really?
GWyxMmx.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom