Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire update! ITZ Comin'.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Fat Dragon said:
Corpse Crew? That's one of the dumbest fucking titles I've ever read.
I believe that is his zombie shooter, and his attempt to show that he can do better than Valve in making a L4D style game.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
c64ready.gif

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What happened to his post-apoc Fallout-killer? It was supposed to be his next game after Grimoire. :(

Andhaira

Arcane
Thats what the zombie game is. Apprently the nuclear fallout made everyone into zombies or something.

What I don't get is that the second game is TBR just a few months after grimoire.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
Will it be out before Duke Nukem forever? That is going to be one tight race.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Ăśbermensch Developer
Wyrmlord said:
Fat Dragon said:
Corpse Crew? That's one of the dumbest fucking titles I've ever read.
I believe that is his zombie shooter, and his attempt to show that he can do better than Valve in making a L4D style game.

Got derelict cars to smoke when shot, flame on and finally explode, leaving charred hulk, all with ODE physics!!!! Just like Fallout 3! Yassum! Got zombies to physically attack barricades and spread themselves out around house in free slots using open source Swarm code!! Awesome!!! Got ODE physics working for zombie ragdolls!!! Got Caelum sky library working for dusk and dawn, zombies attacking at dusk!!! Awesome!!!

All this in two weeks and still devoting at least one hour or more a day to Grimoire.

My game kicks L4D IN THE ASS right now.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Ăśbermensch Developer
AndhairaX said:
Thats what the zombie game is. Apprently the nuclear fallout made everyone into zombies or something.

What I don't get is that the second game is TBR just a few months after grimoire.

My zombie seige game will not even have a premise or exposition. You will never know for sure what caused them or where they came from. The purpose of the game will be to survive to escape to the next region/city/area before it reaches saturation and the zombies overwhelm your seige location by sheer numbers. Each night they will get worse.

Imagine THE LAST STAND except in 3-D.

Work is progressing so rapidly on this game I plan to release it a couple of months after I finish Grimoire.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Ăśbermensch Developer
I added a lens flare and a garish red sky in the final few seconds as the sun vanishes over the horizon and just as the air sirens start up that warn you that you must immediately go back to your seige location because THEY'RE COMING.

I showed this to somebody yesterday and they said it was the eeriest, scariest thing they have ever seen in a computer game. Greatest survival horror game ever. I did all of this in two weeks of work. I have not even got stuck into the map building yet, using the same initial map I started with. Imagine what somebody like me could do with 10% of the resources of the Valve team that worked on L4D.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Oh, and because I love you, could you tell me if I can download the Grimoire beta anywhere? I've asked the fuckers here but they never answered.

The_scorpion

Liturgist
Cleveland Mark Blakemore said:
I
I showed this to somebody yesterday and they said it was the eeriest, scariest thing they have ever seen ever

I would say the exact same thing regardless of what was on the screen as long as it is presented by cleve *thrill*

kris

Arcane
Cleveland Mark Blakemore said:
I added a lens flare and a garish red sky in the final few seconds as the sun vanishes over the horizon and just as the air sirens start up that warn you that you must immediately go back to your seige location because THEY'RE COMING.

I showed this to somebody yesterday and they said it was the eeriest, scariest thing they have ever seen in a computer game. Greatest survival horror game ever. I did all of this in two weeks of work. I have not even got stuck into the map building yet, using the same initial map I started with. Imagine what somebody like me could do with 10% of the resources of the Valve team that worked on L4D.

Would be awesome if the last location is your vault and you have just two hours to program your defense robots. All while you yourself talk about how retarded you are to not be able to do that in two minutes.

Andhaira

Arcane
@Cleve: Can we seem some new screenshots of grimoire? Come on, SOMETHING at least. I just want t o compare it to the leaked version and see how its iroved. Also:

-Have you implemented more spell effect graphics? Its cool to have many spells, but it sucks if they use the same graphic/animation.

-Does the vampire race get any special abilities other than mods?

-Any chance of npc's and enemies actually appearing on screen and in the game world rather than teleporting out of nowehere?

-More screenshots of the latest build!!

Hory

Erudite
2045: By now, the list of games Cleve has in production counts in the dozens. By pure coincidence and the inevitabilty of years worth of time passed, ALL the are games are actually finished in a short span of time, proving to be perfect creations in every game genre imaginable. Months of worldwide rejoicing follow, as people young and old enjoy some of the greatest artistic productions of all time. Billions abandon their jobs and lock themselves in the virtual experience provided by Cleve's games. Eventually, critics and reviewers proclaim video games as dead, recognizing that nothing better could ever be developed. As people exhaust all of Cleve's games, they become deprived of the unique emotional needs awakened in them. Mass suicide occurs on 5 continents. Hundreds of thousands of civilians and military assault Cleve's bunker in order to force him to develop more, but incredibly, with little success. A small group of RPG Codexers' descendents remember stories of Cleve's pursuits in his youth and begin a last attempt, under the name of The Multiheaded Detective, at finding his first and last love. With great effort, they find her abandoned house. In the corner of dusty room lie moth-eaten clothes, but on one of them they find Cleve's genetic material. They proceed to clone thousands like him, and by the end of the centruy, humanity declares socio-cultural utopia. True story.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom