Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire update! ITZ Comin'.

nomask7

Arcane
Jaime Lannister said:
nomask7 said:
Cleve's lightning speed of writing funny, top-quality posts with a unique style

this is what nomask7 actually believes
So which part of my statement do you consider inaccurate? The one about speed? That's an easy one to check, unless you believe he writes everything beforehand, then waits for a minute or two between each post as he posts what he has written. The part about top-quality and unique style is more difficult to verify, if you never read. Or you could try to name writers who are as good or better than Cleve, and I'll let you know whether you succeeded.

SkeleTony

Augur
Jaime Lannister said:
nomask7 said:

Reminds me of those people who tried to deny George Bush's stupidity during his first term.

" Hey he graduated from TWO ivy-league colleges! He HAS to be smart!".

It is just weird because I know that technically humans are getting smarter as far as IQ and such is concerned but then I see stuff like this:

And I wonder...

nomask7

Arcane
SkeleTony said:
Jaime Lannister said:
nomask7 said:

Reminds me of those people who tried to deny George Bush's stupidity during his first term.

" Hey he graduated from TWO ivy-league colleges! He HAS to be smart!".

It is just weird because I know that technically humans are getting smarter as far as IQ and such is concerned but then I see stuff like this:

And I wonder...
Do you even read? I mean actual books written by actual writers.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
SkeleTony is normally a cool guy, but to see him getting poltical, namedropping Ron Paul and George Bush, and then using them as a vehicle for whether someone's ideas are valid feels a bit off.

I thought he was intelligent enough to not unncecessarilly get into such lofty contentious matters while discussing RPGs.

SkeleTony

Augur
Wyrmlord said:
SkeleTony is normally a cool guy, but to see him getting poltical, namedropping Ron Paul and George Bush, and then using them as a vehicle for whether someone's ideas are valid feels a bit off.

I thought he was intelligent enough to not unnececessarilly get into such lofty contentious matters while discussing RPGs.

Seriously?!

Am I taking crazy pills here or are we trying to pretend that Cleve's insanity is of no relevance to whether we should be supporting his efforts and such?!

It just seems like we have gotten so desperate for old school rpgs to be released that some of us are now trying to rationalize away what we would normally be quite opposed to(most of us anyway), to put it mildly.

But I am done here now. Said my piece.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
SkeleTony said:
Seriously?!

Am I taking crazy pills here or are we trying to pretend that Cleve's insanity is of no relevance to whether we should be supporting his efforts and such?!
I merely want to say that it is redundant to point out that bullshit is bullshit.

It's just that we get enough of this nonsense in General Discussion, without having to bait the same people here in the honest RPG Discussion area.

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
nomask7 said:
Cleve's lightning speed of writing funny, top-quality posts with a unique style indicates that he really does have an exceptionally high IQ (higher than 99.99% of the population) as he says (158 Stanford-Binet and 183 Wechsler-Brenner, supposedly the latter test being inaccurate for anyone who scores that high on Stanford-Binet).

NormalCurveSmall.gif

The issue here is conformism vs. individualism, and mediocrity vs. superiority.

Are you his alt? Or maybe you're just being a typical, Jewish suckup? Cleve's posts are boring, predictable, and written in the manner of a 14 year-old discovering the English language consists of more than 100 common words. He feels he needs to prove that he's smarter, and since he doesn't have any real friends, or a position of importance in the world, he does it on RPGCodex, for fuck's sake!

Every time I stumble upon one of Cleve's posts, I experience a pang of sadness knowing such insecure people exist in the world.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom