Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire update! ITZ Comin'.

Unwanted

AndhairaXI

Unwanted
So the zombie game is some type of survvial horror. Ok how about those screenies for grimoire first.

wrathofdog

Scholar
Goddamnit, Cleve's zombie game actually sounds pretty good. Too bad ITZ will get here before we see so much as a SS.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
AndhairaXI said:
So the zombie game is some type of survvial horror. Ok how about those screenies for grimoire first.

Gazillions of shots of Grimoire have been on the internet. The modern version, too, not the older version. Gazillions. If I have time during the next few months I'll set the site up again with shots of the game.

Andhaira

Arcane
WHat about my qustion regarding spell effects? Have you implemented new ones?

Shitposter
Cleveland Mark Blakemore said:
AndhairaXI said:

Gazillions of shots of Grimoire have been on the internet. The modern version, too, not the older version. Gazillions. If I have time during the next few months I'll set the site up again with shots of the game.

No there hasn't. Why are you lying? I really doubt the game has made any progress since '98. You've been dodging questions left and right, and frankly, I don't believe you, sir.

kris

Arcane
AndhairaXI said:

that speaks of great promise for the release. You might have time to put out some screenshots... in a few months. :D Less posting, more screenshots

Tintin

Arbiter
AndhairaXI said:

What a convincing response.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Cloaked Figure said:
AndhairaXI said:

No there hasn't. Why are you lying? I really doubt the game has made any progress since '98. You've been dodging questions left and right, and frankly, I don't believe you, sir.

Let's see. I think there have been full color layouts of Grimoire in at least 4 magazines and at one time I counted 12 RPG websites that had pages dedicated to screenshots from it. I have not searched the internet for a while but considering development has been kind of quiet for say ...

9 YEARS

... I would guess that some of them may have been taken down.

MisterStone

Arcane
Cleve, if the shit hits the fan before you finish Grimoire no one will be witness to your game designing and coding prowess. Considering that you were predicting the end of civilization to happen last year, I think you'd better get a move on it.

Norfleet

thesheeep said:
But... doesn't the Mayan calendar end in 2012?
The Mayan Calendar 2012 thing is basically just the Mayan equivalent of Y2K. The world didn't end then, either. Also, there is some debate whether it actually even DOES roll over at that point. The Mayan Calendar may simply continue on to 20.0.0.0.0, like it does with all the other digits, which will occur in about 8000.

Ion Flux

Savant
Project: Eternity
I have the concept of the "safe room" except in my game mechanics you will be penalized by the zombies stealing all your fuel and supplies once they reach the center of your house, effectively setting you back to zero the next morning.

So do the zombies steal your fuel and supplies so they can drive around in their zombie cars making sandwiches?

Honestly though, I'd love to see some screenies and eventually a finished game. If it's anything like it sounds, I'd probably pay for the finished project. I love me a good zombie game.

:nom nom nom:

Andhaira

Arcane
Good point Ion Flux.

Maybe they have a sense of malice, and take the fuel and supplies to delberately weaken you.

Also, is the safe house designed liek a bunker? I bet cleve would relaly like to put a bunker in a game designed totally around his own bunker.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Imagine what somebody like me could do with 10% of the resources of the Valve team that worked on L4D.

Nothing multiplied by a large amount of resources is still nothing.

nomask7

Arcane
9781903491775.jpg

crufty

Arcane
Kingston said:
Cleve, please, make a bunker simulator. From the point of trying to get into your bunker, preferably. Then you can prove to us how awesomely powerless we are against your fortress.

Inside the bunker should be a computer with the specs to run grimoire:
The Cleve of Gaming Past said:
Grimoire will only require the following system requirements:

386SX Motherboard or better (Pentium 90 or better recommended)

DOS / Win 95 / NT / OS-2 / Macintosh PowerPC, 8 megs minimum, 16 megs recommended

VESA Compatible Video Card

Sound Card

Microsoft Mouse

30 megs Hard Drive Space

skullcap

Novice
Ah, here he is.

Clive, we do hope Grimoire is going to be moddable. Cause there's ideas long flailing in the air (since the last beta, that's how long) to create some seriously smokey settings.

Could've never forgotten Westwood and SSI for NOT releasing a level editor for neither EOB series nor Lans of Lore.

Don't repeat their mean mistake.
You are even allowed to charge double for the editor.

SkeleTony

Augur
MisterStone said:
Cleve, if the shit hits the fan before you finish Grimoire no one will be witness to your game designing and coding prowess. Considering that you were predicting the end of civilization to happen last year, I think you'd better get a move on it.

Worse than that he also predicted the U.S. would fall under civil war back in like 2002-2003.

He must be shitting bricks over Barack getting elected President.

Say Cleve...how long before Obama pulls off the mask to reveal his true identity as Osama Bin Laden and then orders the military to take away everyone's guns and sends all white people to FEMA camps?

Why does ANYONE even care about Grimoire?! It looks like crap even for a mid-1990s era Wizardry knock off and the developer is an imbecile who makes David Duke, Ron Paul and Glenn Beck seem sane! I mean really people...have some fucking self-respect.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
SkeleTony, you are not wrong, but one would lose count on seeing the number of oddball or socially abnormal people who develop games.

Atari was run by stoned hippies with long hair.

id software had people who lived in the offices and never bathed.

I remember this Realms Of Arkania cluebook which showed a picture of the German lead design, complete with his pale face, uncut hair, and all the signs that this guy was squatting in his office at his computer, and not doing much else for days.

And many of them have wierd fucked up interests. Carmack is a rocket scientist, for example.

skullcap

Novice
SkeleTony said:
I mean really people...have some fucking self-respect.
you know what the term coproeconomics mean, eh, tony?

it's the economics that is based on producing and selling outward crap.
because crap is easier to produce, takes less time to develop, will expire faster or the consumer will dump it (which will prompt him to buy next portion of crap).

Back in the 90-ies it was still possible to produce original, interesting product, with innovative gameplay. Gamedesign was still a kind of art in itself, where companies dared to invent and introduce new things, even new genres, and where so much ground was broken.
But not anymore.

The companies don't want to risk or invent anything anymore. They've got what the 90-ies left them, and they are set to reuse the same ideas over and over again, wrapping them in more and more shiny gfx. Exciting, eh?

No big deal if you burn out after an hour or so of playing the modern-times RPG, and shove the game on the shelf forever. Knock-knock, gamespot newsflash: "Hey, looksie here, we've been pushing very hard for you, and now there's more shiny crap coming out this year! Stay tuned!"

While game companies are busy releasing title after title of shameless fop dressed in all the nice 3d confetti, the business of designing real games lies now in the hands of indie designers. It is there where the most adventurous and brave are now congregating. This is where the risks are taken, and the new ground broken.

So, if you have no self-respect to know better than coughing up another hundred bucks on a portion of fallout3 or redalert or whatever piss they throw in stores, have some respect for people who try to make something other than crap!

Wyrmlord

Arcane
I find this funny, skullcap, because Cleveland Mark Blakemore is a huge Fallout 3/BioShock fan, and he considers them ideal games.

So those can be the standards by which he'll be making Grimoire.

Andhaira

Arcane
The leaked demo wasn't half bad. My only ssue was the random combats.

skullcap

Novice
Wyrmlord said:
So those can be the standards by which he'll be making Grimoire.
nonsence.
the step-by-step movement (by those standards) is considered obsolete, along with turn-based combat, hand-drawn graphics and all those little things that made games fun to play even now, 20 years past.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom