Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Has anybody ever tried Melirinda's Icewind Dale II mod?

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Oh shit, she plans to do that too? This one, right?

For those who are interested, but haven't heard of the Romantic Pack, the Flirtpack Team is making a romantic add-on to the OC-MotB, that will combine (so far) old Bishop's Romance, the upcoming Casavir's Romance, Neeshka's Wall Scene, the flirtpacks (a bunch of player-initiated flirts with a few random responces to each) for Elanee, Gann, Neeshka and Safiya, and new epilogues in MotB to allow the player to end up with the loved one from the OC. The goal is to add a wee bit of variety to the romantic side of things in OC-MotB.

and

New animations are completely beyond my abilities. If anyone ever adds kissing avatars to the game, that would be nice, but I doubt it's even possible, because of the height differences between different races, and the player's ability to vary the height. On the other hand, an animation of a female character lifting her head and closing her eyes, plucking her lips as for a kiss, and an animation of a male character lowering his head, closing his eyes, plucking his lips as for a kiss, might be more realistic, but still require what I take is a skill that the community doesn't have.

AAHHHHHHHH DO NOT WANT.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Lesifoere said:
Neeshka's Wall Scene
Makes you wonder where does all the shit that makes no goddamn sense whatsoever come from.

Is the Wall Scene interchangeable? Bullshit.

Lesifoere said:
New animations are completely beyond my abilities. If anyone ever adds kissing avatars to the game, that would be nice, but I doubt it's even possible, because of the height differences between different races, and the player's ability to vary the height. On the other hand, an animation of a female character lifting her head and closing her eyes, plucking her lips as for a kiss, and an animation of a male character lowering his head, closing his eyes, plucking his lips as for a kiss, might be more realistic, but still require what I take is a skill that the community doesn't have.

Actually this sounds like a pretty easy job for someone who ever animated in 3D. Assuming all models in NWN2 use skeletal animations, but why the fuck wouldn't they.

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
I glanced at the Bio boards recently, and she made a comment about doing romances for SoZ. I threw up in my mouth a little at the thought.

Also she did some "chat" example dialogue between Umoja and Lastri. It was... not... I just... /wince. No. I'm probably just being a total bitchy piss about it, but - no.

One thing I AM interested to see is if anyone ELSE out there is doing dialogue mods for OC/MotB/SoZ that are NOT Melirinda, whether or not they're romance-related. And yeah, it's her militant stance that makes me wince the most. The second one's unable to have a reasonable discussion, well... Volurn. ZING!

(kidding.) (mostly)

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Annie Carlson said:
I threw up in my mouth a little at the thought.

Girls do that ? Outside of Japan, I mean. That should be included in the next romance.

Character [blunt] : I wanna kiss you !
Charisma check = fail.
Chick in armour : Throws up in her mouth a little.
Character makes a Will save : success.
Character : So ? Do we kiss or what ?
Intimidate check : success.
Chick in armour : Sure !

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Annie Carlson said:
I glanced at the Bio boards recently, and she made a comment about doing romances for SoZ. I threw up in my mouth a little at the thought.

Also she did some "chat" example dialogue between Umoja and Lastri. It was... not... I just... /wince. No. I'm probably just being a total bitchy piss about it, but - no.

I suuuspect that if she knew this is how you feel, she'd just lecture you how to do characters right (i.e. the way she does it), which is apparently what she did somewhere on the Bio board recently. Ugh.

1eyedking

Erudite
Lonely Vazdru said:
Annie Carlson said:
I threw up in my mouth a little at the thought.

Girls do that ? Outside of Japan, I mean. That should be included in the next romance.

Charisma check = fail.
So much fail in such a short post.

Cogar

Novice
Lonely Vazdru said:
Charisma check = fail.
Ah yes . . . kiss someone with vomit in their mouth. Very romantic.

Still, it did seem to work OK in The Whole Nine Yards. Maybe you are on to something--unfortunately. :?

Talonfire

Scholar
Wyrmlord said:
Pleeeease, somebody download this mod, and tell us all about it.

I played through Icewind Dale II with this mod, I found it to be very poorly written. The NPC plot lines were very contrived, the romances were abysmal, and most of the NPCs you can choose from were just plain annoying. The God awful voice acting for the voice sets didn't help, although I have to admit I did chuckle the first time I heard Sir Nord randomly say "bullshit" when selecting him.

If you want an example of how bad the romances are, my evil character "Bobo" romanced the character "Salome" who was supposed to be some form of roguish whore. Anyway, at the very end of the main quest when the Severed Hand is crumbling around you she demands that your character procreates with her against the wall - while your companions are standing right there. I'd have asked myself "what the hell" if I weren't laughing myself to death at the time.

The NPC plot lines aren't much better, and they seem to be there only to give the characters the illusion of "depth". Personally, I thought that all of the characters were bland and forgettable. The female half-orc's infatuation with Sir Nord was particularly disturbing. I'd complain more, but I forgot a good deal of what happened in the mod's dialogue already.

If you didn't like the Bishop romance, you won't like the Icewind Dale II NPC Project. I personally wouldn't recommend it even if for some sick and twisted reason you did get a kick out of the Bishop romance. If you're one of those folks who enjoys self-inflicted misery then by all means, download it, have a good time.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Talonfire! From Bioboards!

This is s4nct1m0ny. I see you finally joined. Wonderful.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
One of us! One of us!

104_gooble_gobble_med.jpg

Disconnected

Scholar
Emotional Vampire said:
Actually this sounds like a pretty easy job for someone who ever animated in 3D. Assuming all models in NWN2 use skeletal animations, but why the fuck wouldn't they.
I'm guessing, but I assume the problem is making an animation set for, say, a human, that looks equally well with 8ft half-orcs and 2ft halflings.

WHY CAN'T WE ALL GET ALONG AND BE NICE?

THEN I CAN BAKE A CAKE MADE OUT OF FLOWERS AND RAINBOWS AND MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE!!!

No seriously, why should any of us care what mods Melirinda wants to make?

Wyrmlord

Arcane
M_I_C_K_E_Y_M_O_U_S_E said:
WHY CAN'T WE ALL GET ALONG AND BE NICE?

THEN I CAN BAKE A CAKE MADE OUT OF FLOWERS AND RAINBOWS AND MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE!!!

No seriously, why should any of us care what mods Melirinda wants to make?
Well, again, I don't mind it too much either way, though it seems that it is the female posters here who are bothered by her.

I guess, Carlson and Lesifoere are bothered by Melirinda claiming to speak for other women, even though they don't agree with her. And btw, Melirinda is very hard and assertive on what she thinks. It can push people.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
To be honest, I don't care for Melirinda's views one bit. However, I can't really piss on her for the mod's she does. At least she is putting effort into doing something she believes in. Many people don't do this. I'm not interested in her mods so I simply won't download them. After all, nobody is forcing me to. The Codex is magnificent for its practice of unadulterated negativity, and I wholeheartedly think this thread is an awesome example of what this site strives for. But honestly, what effect if any does Melirinda have on the world of RPG's?

BTW Annie, why the hell do you care? By being a professional game designer, you've achieved what Melirinda could only ever dream of. In other words, you've already won the battle she lost. However, in order to win the war, you'll have to find a project that truly takes your talents to the next level. Your frustration (or anyone's on this site for that matter) has NOTHING to do with some modder. I'm sorry if I hold professionals, even out of work ones, to a higher standard. I had assumed you were perfect. :(

:lol:

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
LeStryfe79 said:
The Codex is magnificent for its practice of unadulterated negativity, and I wholeheartedly think this thread is an awesome example of what this site strives for.

Kind of a strawman you made there, there has been some lucid and insightful comments about this in the discussion. Some bad one too but it's the Codex and you can't have everything.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Vaarna_Aarne said:
janjetina said:
Applegate's Breasts said:
I wonder what kind of man her husband is...

Probably a homosexual kind.
Probably the suicidal kind.
And I pity her offspring. Man, they must be embarrassed, if they're old/interested enough to read RPG-related boards.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom