Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: collar grabbing, rape, and space nazis.

doctor_kaz

Scholar
Matt7895 said:
Volourn's bullshit isn't even funny anymore.

Did it used to be?

Time for negromancy seeing as Masterfect is being released tomorrow for the PC with likely little to no differences besides a new mini-game and a less shitty interface.

Mareus

Magister
Good review. Will try the game once it gets out on the PC. Glad Bioware is atleast pretty much consistent in the quality of their games, although BG saga is way ahead of everything else made by Bioware. Still they beat the crap out of every other developer out there.

Wish Troika or Black Isle were still in the buisness. They made some pretty great titles too.

MasPingon

Arcane
Mareus said:
Wish Troika or Black Isle were still in the buisness. They made some pretty great titles too.

untitled9vr.gif

darm

Novice
Mareus said:
Will you please enlighten me

It's like posting "Does bodybuilding really make erection worse?" on a bodibuilder forum, or "I think ATI is way better than NVIDIA, do you agree?" on pc hardware forum and so on. "You are either a damn troll or just woke up from ten years coma" sort of post.

Mareus

Magister
darm said:
I'm a flaming faggot...

there...fixed.

Listen dumbass, your analogy doesn't make any sense and just proves you are nothing more than a flaming retard. Why don't you go back to counting flees on your pubes or whatever you did before you came here talking crap that makes as much sense as pissing against the wind.

Bioware still makes decent games. It was all I said and I got ahaha.So if you or anyone else thinks otherwise prove it with arguments, not talking shit. That was my only inclination on Skyway's "ahaha". So fuck off fucktard.

Mareus

Magister
Lestat said:
Mareus, if you still haven't figured it out, people here don't think highly of BioWare. Like, at all. The analogy darm made is perfectly correct.

So just because people don't like Bioware here, I should not say they make decent games? The guy is just a flaming faggot. I was not offending anyone, was I? And then this asswipe shows up with some sort of bodybuilding analogy and calls me a fucking troll?

I want to see arguments not shit talk and all he did was shit talk! And dont give me that crap about Bioware's politics. I am talking about the quality of their games and no one here has managed to convince me yet that their games suck, infact they are pretty decent and there is the legendary Baldur's Gate, which alone is worth more than half of the games that are created nowdays.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Bioware games are like generic popcorn movies. May serve for a cheap entertainment if nothing better is around, but certainly nothing to gush over. Simplistic gameplay, bland characters, predictable story = Bioware.

Mareus

Magister
Lestat said:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1587

I read the first page and must say I totally disagree on most points. While I can agree that KOTOR, NWN1 are nothing special and are pretty dumbed down when compared to Arcanum and Fallout, I cannot agree that Baldur's Gate is bad at roleplaying and that it is a step backwards when compared with Fallout or Arcanum. They make games where AI does all the work? WTF??? What about Arcanum which is a masterpiece of gaming in my oppinion, but where the AI of your party mamebers is so retarded they often do more damage than good??? What about 100 of Arcanum bugs? Or what about AI of Fallout where your party memebers kill eachother???! Jesus F. Christ. Unfuckingbelivable. Seriously... Bioware may suck at PR, and applying DRM and other politic shit that doesn't have to do anything with games in general, but they make good games. Dumbing down of games has started with other companies, not Bioware although they too accepted the trend unfortunately. But even dumbed down action RPGs made by Bioware are better then 99% of shit that is comming out today. Now please prove me wrong with arguments.

Mareus

Magister
Gnidrologist said:
Bioware games are like generic popcorn movies. May serve for a cheap entertainment if nothing better is around, but certainly nothing to gush over. Simplistic gameplay, bland characters, predictable story = Bioware.

True, but Baldur's Gate doesn't go under that category. And their games are still better than 90% of games that come out nowdays. Correct me if I am wrong. Now I know that a smal turd amongst a bigger pile of shit is still shit, but I really don't understand this hatred towards the only company that still makes decent games.

PS. Dumbing down of games started with Diablo.

Mareus

Magister
Lestat said:
Mareus said:
Now please prove me wrong with arguments.
Mareus said:
I read the first page
Read the whole thread, dammit! It has plenty of arguments.

Nevermind. I won't call anyone a moron for hating Bioware. But I have to say that you are all just a bunch of angry cunts.

PS. I will be angry on Bioware if they screw up Dragon Age.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
True, but Baldur's Gate doesn't go under that category.
Actually BG is the game i base most of my opinions about Bioware on. Sure, i can admire it's magnitude and good production value, but it perfectly fits the formula in my previous post.
Haven't played KOTOR, because of setting (i h8 starfags) and couldn't be even bothered by JE.
And their games are still better than 90% of games that come out nowdays.
Well, if we compare them to all the pos action rpgs and countless diablo clones, than sure. If we talk games in general, then hell no.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Mareus said:
So just because people don't like Bioware here, I should not say they make decent games?

Decent games? that post sounded more like "bioware is the best dev evar that keeps heavanly quality", when unfortunately it becomes much far from truth with every game they release.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom