Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: collar grabbing, rape, and space nazis.

Sir_Brennus

Scholar
Mareus said:
Lestat said:
Mareus said:
Now please prove me wrong with arguments.
Mareus said:
I read the first page
Read the whole thread, dammit! It has plenty of arguments.

Nevermind. I won't call anyone a moron for hating Bioware. But I have to say that you are all just a bunch of angry cunts.

PS. I will be angry on Bioware if they screw up Dragon Age.

Stay calm, Mareus. Most people on the Codex have nothing against Bioware. It's only the vocal minority that uses "BioWhore suxx" as a mantra.

If there is a negative element that dominates, then it's more like "Bioware were once better than they are today" than anything.

BTW: I hate that the statesside release is 7 days earlier than the one in Europe.

Mareus

Magister
skyway said:
Mareus said:
So just because people don't like Bioware here, I should not say they make decent games?

Decent games? that post sounded more like "bioware is the best dev evar that keeps heavanly quality", when unfortunately it becomes much far from truth with every game they release.

I never said they were the best dev ever. I just don't understand why most people here spit shit on them, when they are really not that bad. And you have to admit there arent huge variations in the quality of their games. When I play Bioware games I know what I can expect. Troika for example made Arcanum, and Bloodlines ( I just mentioned those 2 games because they are the best of Troika in my oppinion), but people forget that Bloodlines is not far from standard KOTOR recepie, only far more buggy. Arcanum on the other hand is a masterpiece, but so buggy you will have to be very patient to finish it. But Troika is genius, Bioware sucks. I just don't see the logic in this. Also everyone here praises Black Isle while completely forgetting BI made Icewind Dale which is good, but not nearly as good as Baldur's Gate made by Bioware. They made Fallout, which also has many issues. I ll just mention shooting a guy in the head from 1 m away with a shotgun right in the eye -> NO DAMAGE. Yeah, that sure sounds great, its an RPG. And don't forget the AI of your party members who more often do more damage then good. But they rule, Bioware completely sucks. Again I don't see the logic in this.

Mareus

Magister
Sir_Brennus said:
Stay calm, Mareus. Most people on the Codex have nothing against Bioware. It's only the vocal minority that uses "BioWhore suxx" as a mantra.

If there is a negative element that dominates, then it's more like "Bioware were once better than they are today" than anything.

BTW: I hate that the statesside release is 7 days earlier than the one in Europe.

It's hard to stay calm when people trash insults rather then arguments.

Unradscorpion

Arbiter
I just had some sort of a Deja Vu, seeing Mareus being flamed for liking Bioware must have caused it somehow.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Mareus said:
Sir_Brennus said:

It's hard to stay calm when people trash insults rather then arguments.
Do you want a handkerchief?

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
Sir_Brennus said:
Nobody hates BioWare and their game. Overrated? Yes. Decent? Yes. Complete shit? No.
Funny, I like their recent games more. While KotOR and JE aren't role-playing HEAVAN, at least they manage to be entartaining and fun to play. BGs bored me to tears.

Texas Red

Whiner
Few people know it but Arcanum had collar-grabbing action almost in the beginning.

racofer

Thread Incliner
NWN=KOTOR=JADE EMPIRE=MASS EFFECT (cant comment on BG, haven't played it, I was too much of a Diablo retard at the time, although I would take Diablo's straight action, bland story, no character relationships over Bioware's attempts into "epicness" anytime of the day.);

Plot:
NWN: find the ancient lizard people (through teh words of powah!);
KOTOR: find the ancient star maps;
Jade Empire: find the all pieces of the amulet;
Mass Effect: find the ancient technology artifacts;

Romance:
NWN: Aribeth and male player character (or that other guy under Aribeth's orders if female PC);
KOTOR: Bastilla and male player character (or Carth, under Bastilla's orders if female PC);
Jade Empire: Dawn Star or Silk Fox or both if male PC (or Sky if female PC);
Mass Effect: Ashley for male PC (or Kaidan for female PC or Liara for both);

Homosexuality:
NWN: Aribeth declares love for the female PC even though no actual romance occours;
KOTOR: Juhani declares love for female PC;
Jade Empire: hell, this one is rough. You can have a "Ménage à trois" with male PC and two female NPC's (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8hqAH2D8S4) or even worse, a gay kiss between male PC and Sky(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yQ4AJExZ5k);
Mass Effect: alien lesbian sex

I'm not even mentioning the same stupid plot twists that happens on all games in exactly the same manner and everyone claims "wow I NEVAH SAW THAT COMMIN!!11!!" or the fact that the main evil guy is nothing but an egomaniac that wishes to lay waste to the entire universe for no reason at all other than looking badass, hell, he doesn't even want to rape the cover girl (Aribeth/Bastilla/Dawn Star/Ashley) but instead wants to convert her into a tool of destruction only to have her betray him at the end.

I could go on but it's tiresome (and painful to my brain) to remember stuff from all games that are EXACTLY THE SAME and biowhores salute them for "innovation".

Oh damn, I forgot to add the most important stuff about bioware games, the dialog options:

1) :D
2) :?
3) :twisted:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
raco is dumb.

Plot:
"NWN: find the ancient lizard people (through teh words of powah!);" Nope. Not the main quest.

"KOTOR: find the ancient star maps;" Sadly, yes.

"Jade Empire: find the all pieces of the amulet;" Not the main quest.

"Mass Effect:" find the ancient technology artifacts;

"Romance:
NWN: Aribeth and male player character (or that other guy under Aribeth's orders if female PC);
KOTOR: Bastilla and male player character (or Carth, under Bastilla's orders if female PC);
Jade Empire: Dawn Star or Silk Fox or both if male PC (or Sky if female PC);
Mass Effect: Ashley for male PC (or Kaidan for female PC or Liara for both); "

This is retarded. It's like saying all romances are the same. That's bogus. Only ones with similarities is Aribeth and Bastilla; but that's because Bastilla is a lame Aribeth rip off yet even thsoe two are different enough.

"I'm not even mentioning the same stupid plot twists that happens on all games in exactly the same manner and everyone claims "wow I NEVAH SAW THAT COMMIN!!11!!" or the fact that the main evil guy is nothing but an egomaniac that wishes to lay waste to the entire universe for no reason at all other than looking badass, hell, he doesn't even want to rape the cover girl (Aribeth/Bastilla/Dawn Star/Ashley) but instead wants to convert her into a tool of destruction only to have her betray him at the end."

Actually, their plots can be varied, and no more or less obvious than any other game's plot twist for the most part. Lame. btw, NWN's, JE's, KOTOR's and BG's main villains didn't wnat to destroy the entire universe. Hell, even if the JE villain wins (and, he can win) he doesn't disproving your statement matter of factly.

In conclusion, BIO is the best RPG developer. Period. And, their atcual role-playing only gets better.

Period.

fastpunk

Arbiter
Volourn said:
In conclusion, BIO is the best RPG developer. Period. And, their actual role-playing only gets better.

:lol: Yet they're still miles behind games like Mask of the Betrayer. Yeah, Bio is like, totally the best developer evah! Period!

Arem said:
Performance benchmark for those considering buying ME. Quite hungry.

Eh, hungry indeed. This doesn't look to be optimized too well, at least compared to UT3 for example. I'm curious how big ME's environments are compared to a UT3 map like WAR-Serenity...

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Your opinion means shit as youa re just a punk. A fast one at that.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Volourn you should team up with Mareus to fight back those bad codex thugs (and punks, fast ones) who constantly talk bullshit about the best rpg developer which makes you a sad panda.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Who? I team with nobody.

Besides, you think the Codex bothers me with it's anti BIO slant? Nah. I find it amusing. L0L Gives me a reason to have fun here while I wait for the next RPG to come out inbetween playing NHL 08.

R00fles!

Dark Matter

Prophet
racofer said:
I'm not even mentioning the same stupid plot twists that happens on all games in exactly the same manner and everyone claims "wow I NEVAH SAW THAT COMMIN!!11!!"
As far as ME is concerned, what plot twist are you referring to?

or the fact that the main evil guy is nothing but an egomaniac that wishes to lay waste to the entire universe for no reason at all other than looking badass
Way to miss the point, dumbass. Funny how Bio games are criticized for being shallow yet teh stupid codexers can't comprehend even the simplest things about their games. Saren doesn't wish to lay waste to the entire galaxy, rather he tries to do the exact opposite.

How can anyone praise the Master from FO for being a deep, complex antagonist with morally ambiguous motives, and then claim Saren is a shallow, generic Bioware badguy who wants simply wants to rule teh galaxy? It's absurd.

Saren doesn't even wish to gain any power through his actions, he is even willing to sacrifice himself and his freedom for the greater good. The Master on the other hand basically wishes to create a race of superhumans that he can control at his whim. In a way, he is basically seeking world domination. In fact, the Master comes off as being very Hitler-like in his motives.[/quote]

Dgaider

Liturgist
Developer
Dark Matter said:
How can anyone praise the Master from FO for being a deep, complex antagonist with morally ambiguous motives, and then claim Saren is a shallow, generic Bioware badguy who wants simply wants to rule teh galaxy? It's absurd.

Ut! You must not speak against the Fallout.

It is forbidden here.

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
Dgaider said:
Dark Matter said:

Ut! You must not speak against the Fallout.

It is forbidden here.

Butthurt detected.

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
81.gif

Dgaider

Liturgist
Developer
skyway said:
mr. Gaider will Dragon Age have stereotypes as well?
Meaning what? You haven't already decided there will be? Don't make me laugh.

Sir_Brennus

Scholar
@Skyway

LO and behold! The best character that ever graced an adventuring party of mine since 1985. Tragic, intelligent, lovely - the essence of a female being.

There is still some hope for you, pal.

Aeire.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom