Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Planescape: Torment - Profound changes

Kavax

Scholar
It's been happening to me ever since I started playing Torment, sometimes the game just doesn't let you speak with a random NPC, but fortunately re-entering the area or reloading always fixes it.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yup, save/load options fix many things.

I can still recall selling one of my companions to slavery, and after a save + a load he was still there, ready to join me once again. Weirdo.

Sodomy

Scholar
Another odd bug-
One time, in combat, I accidentally misclicked and cast "Submerge the Will" on an enemy. He got the halo around him... and then the game just stopped, and I had to ctrl+alt+del out.

scient

Augur
The only spell code that I've altered is horror/terror. Are you sure you've done a clean install? Back up your saved games, delete install dir and reinstall everything fresh. The saved games will work fine as long as you're using the same mod options. Also, do you have 2/4 CD version? And can you post your WeiDu log?

Qwinn

Scholar
The crash on the spell sounds like the same old modern spell graphics bug that's always been around. I wouldn't necessarily blame a bad install on it.

And yes, as I said, the bug where you can't talk to NPC's is a very old one... however, I didn't encounter it once through my whole test run. If people could confirm one way or the other whether they're -still- getting it, and more or less than they used to, I'd appreciate it.

Qwinn

Sodomy

Scholar
I'm quite certain that I have NOT done a clean install; I'm way too lazy to do so.

4CD version. No idea what a WeiDu log even is, but this was tons of hours ago, so I doubt I could find the relevant info.

EDIT- I've only had the "can't talk to people" bug crop up once, and I'm fairly deep in (lvl 10 mage, just used the sensory stones and did the candy mage quest).

roshan

Arcane
Heres something from the official strategy guide by Chris etc. that supports the idea that monsters should be able to run:

"Third, you can run in Torment. Take advantage of this option: it lets you cover a lot of ground in a short period of time, and there are some monsters that can't run, so you can use it to keep a safe distance while you pelt them with missile weapons and spells."

It seems that only SOME monsters were meant to be unable to run, not all of them.

It would be great if anyone could dig up any more information for or against the running tweak. If monsters cant catch up to you even if youre walking though, then it does sound like a bug.

Kavax

Scholar
I have found something that may be a bug, playing with the three patches. The Dustman entry in the journal has a weird description (It seems to be a part of Deionarra's dialogue)

Qwinn

Scholar
Good catch, Kavax. I actually inherited that bug from Cilantro's Restoration Pack. Fixed for the next version. (Will wait for another couple weeks for little things like that to shake out before doing a mini-update, less something really serious comes up)

And great find, Roshan. I'm going to have to pick up that strategy guide, would probably help me a lot in gleaning intent. And yes, post-fix, the strategy guide becomes correct... SOME creatures can't run. Most of the ones that can't are in the early game, where it makes more sense.

Qwinn

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom