Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Risen 2 - Confirmed Codex GOTY 2012

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQp6Jfpg ... r_embedded

This game has everything a self-respecting Codexian RPG needs:

Jewish gnomes with arabic names that run around stealing shit because that's what their culture demands.

KKK inquisition.

Nigger slaves working on sugar plantations.

All of that, of course, made by Germans. Best game ever. :thumbsup:

Renegen

Arcane
Watch out, there might be some Skyrim DLCs that are coming out in 2012. But yeah, it looks great, cant believe they sneaked by the slave plantation workers.

Phelot

Arcane
It is one of the few games that I'm consistently excited for.

I'm just a bit worried about the guns.

Duckard

Augur
I like the setting, but it doesn't make the game good on its own.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Hmmm, so it doesn't sound like there are actually three real factions. They say you have to start out as a pirate but at the end you choose between Inquisition or Native. Sort of like how the only real choices in Risen were Bandits or Inquisition (the distinction between Warrior of the Order and Mage being fairly trivial).

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
The gnomes are so goddamn cute. Oh, and the rest of the game looks good too.

The Inquisition armor/uniforms look god damned awesome. 5/5
Let's just hope they don't dumb this down, then this will most likely be quite good. And well having it as RPG of the year 2012 isn't unlikely, there doesn't seem to be much competition, nor is there likely to be.

Johnny the Mule

Educated
Will it have the same banal shit boring combat?
Lol, sit on a wall, shoot yo bow, nigga! Bestest evar!

Will it have the same banal shit boring running?
Lol, go there, take ab-fucking-surdly long and mindnumbingly retarded 5 minutes of pressing W!

Will it have the same banal shit boring dialog?
Yes, hello, voiceacting yo, for shizzle!

I CANT WAIT FOR ANOTHER PIECE OF SHIT RUNNING SIMULATOR!!! LARP LARP LARP!!!
OH THE JOYS OF THE NEW AGE!!!
RPG OF THE YEAR ON RPG CODEX!!!
MERCY!!! SOMEBODY FUCKING KILL ME!

torpid

Liturgist
:lol: Wannabe warrior gnome tagging along

One of the developers says magic has disappeared from the world and the Inquisition is using guns, so I was wondering if they got rid of magic entirely, which wouldn't have been too surprising as it was pretty bad in Risen and seemed ripe for streamlining. But on the other hand another dev mentions that if you're with the Natives you'll have to use Voodoo, which sounds like some kind of magic.

I also hope that the faction choice changes the course of the storyline beyond the first half of the game.

Merkwürdigliebe said:
The Inquisition armor/uniforms look god damned awesome.

I actually find it uninspired: an 18th century uniform with a breastplate added to it. At 1:58 the soldier in the concept art has chest straps that make you think he must have a parachute. I'm a bit disappointed that they simply adopted the colonial theme wholesale, without adding a few twists. At least it's more interesting than a medieval Europe rehash.

Phelot

Arcane
Johnny the Mule said:

Will it have the same banal shit boring running?
Lol, go there, take ab-fucking-surdly long and mindnumbingly retarded 5 minutes of pressing W!

Will it have the same banal shit boring dialog?
Yes, hello, voiceacting yo, for shizzle!

I CANT WAIT FOR ANOTHER PIECE OF SHIT RUNNING SIMULATOR!!! LARP LARP LARP!!!
OH THE JOYS OF THE NEW AGE!!!
RPG OF THE YEAR ON RPG CODEX!!!
MERCY!!! SOMEBODY FUCKING KILL ME!

You tell em Johnny! You tell em real good!

Captain Shrek

Sounds exciting!

But I am a bit sorry to see all the magic go away when you were drunk. That should have been more of a participatory event :(. Otherwise the ideas are good and I am dying for a low magic setting here.

EDIT: But still sounds a lot like Pirates of the Caribbean.

Johnny the Mule

Educated
Be happy that I avoid the Steam thread like a plague. I dont even click on threads 2 lines above or below it...

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
Risen 2, Arcania, Twitcher 2, Dragon Knight Saga, which is best and why ?

Kraszu

Prophet
Johnny the Mule said:

Use melee weapons then, how did you expect a bow to work in combat?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Johnny the Mule said:
Be happy that I avoid the Steam thread like a plague. I dont even click on threads 2 lines above or below it...

I'm happy there's an ignore feature on this forum. Works wonders against pretentious early twenty-something douche bags like yourself.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Inquisition needs red...to complete the British colonization look. I can't wait to hunt down the natives with my gun.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Re: magic, let's face it. PB never really did magic well/balanced.

Johnny the Mule

Educated
Kraszu said:
Johnny the Mule said:
I dont have to expect shit. The combat is on par with Oblivion, the "penultimatum" reference.
But awrite, block and bottleneck how about that for melee.
By the way, was that an incentive to castrate myself and LARP? Cause it certainly seems like it. LETS PLAY OBLIVION 2 THEN!
How I love the new egalitarian approach!

Metro said:
Johnny the Mule said:
I'm happy there's an ignore feature on this forum. Works wonders against pretentious early twenty-something douche bags like yourself.
How do you know I am not a 13 old girl?
Pretentious? Is that the mental image esteemed gentleman (faggots) like you paint yourself so you can sleep tight and claim higher ground? Cause, let me tell you, son, the ignore feature is for those who cant take the heat in the kitchen and there is a certain kind of tranny that cant. But I am sure you know what I am talking about.

Majestic47

Learned
Thanks abnaxus!

kwared.png

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Johnny the Mule said:
Kraszu said:
Johnny the Mule said:
I dont have to expect shit. The combat is on par with Oblivion, the "penultimatum" reference.
But awrite, block and bottleneck how about that for melee.
By the way, was that an incentive to castrate myself and LARP? Cause it certainly seems like it. LETS PLAY OBLIVION 2 THEN!
How I love the new egalitarian approach!

Metro said:
Johnny the Mule said:
How do you know I am not a 13 old girl?
Pretentious? Is that the mental image esteemed gentleman (faggots) like you paint yourself so you can sleep tight and claim higher ground? Cause, let me tell you, son, the ignore feature is for those who cant take the heat in the kitchen and there is a certain kind of tranny that cant. But I am sure you know what I am talking about.

You are one idiot. Syril is the other one.
And as incompetent trolls, do you really think someone will *actually* discuss something with you?
Keep on faping...

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Sad panda.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom