Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Risen 2 - Confirmed Codex GOTY 2012

Murk

Arcane
I plan to do the buy/pirate combo. That is, buy it but then crack it and/or download a pirated version. I don't want to deal with steam(works) in the least bit.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
But the Codex will just pirate it instead like with KoA and then complain later why not more of these games are getting made these days.

If I pirated a game (but I don't, because I'm a derp citizen), I would do it exclusively to piss off little shits like you. I would even complain about me pirating it, because you're forcing me to piss you off. You're like a girl with indecent clothes that's asking to be raped, it's really not my fault

Really? You'd do that just for me? Wow, I have another fanboy.

Morkar Left

I plan to do the buy/pirate combo. That is, buy it but then crack it and/or download a pirated version. I don't want to deal with steam(works) in the least bit.

I will do the same. I hope the crack will be decent and early available.

So far I have two complains about the game: it's a pirate game and no climbing/swimming/diving and no seabattles, either.
Still I hope in a sequel they will introduce at least seabattles and sailing. They just have to do it like in the latest Pirates! game and I would be happy. Even the boarding actions would be manageable by doing it with a captains duel.

But it sounds like they will pull out a good PotC story combined with Gothics exploration. It was mentioned in the German article that the world will be as big as in Gothic 3. That would be indeed a lot of exploration. I'm curious if it's true.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I will buy this shit without comments.
1) It's Piranha Bytes.
2) I pirated Gothic, 2, 3 and Risen. Except G3 and half of Risen, the game experience ranged from were very good to superb.
3) It's time to pay for my sins....

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It was mentioned in the German article that the world will be as big as in Gothic 3. That would be indeed a lot of exploration. I'm curious if it's true.

That would be terrific if true -- and hopefully it'll actually be filled with content as opposed to the vast open spaces of nothingness that Gothic 3 had.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Hrrrmmm... sort of hard to quantify. Just a rough guess I'd say at least three times as big and probably closer to five times as big. I'm thinking the whole of Risen is maybe about 75% of Myrtana in Gothic 3. Then you have Nordmar and Verant which are the same size as Myrtana (albeit 60% or more empty space/trees/hills). I'm sure my math is all horribly wrong, though.

Murk

Arcane
With the exception of Nordmar, both other regions were (virtual geographically) as big as -- but a lot was pretty empty. World of risen states, under its facts, that each of the 3 (minimum of 3) islands in Risen 2 will be as big as Faranga (Risen 1), so that's pretty sweet.

EDIT: Been trying to look up how many "miles" each game is but alas I do not know of a go-to source for such.

Kraszu

Prophet

Buy it and not use it? This gotta be the dumbest thing to do. Not to mention you can't update a cracked Steam version, right? PB games always need patches...

The only reason to buy a game is to support the developer so what is stupid about that?

Murk

Arcane
The whole point of a cracked version would be to get around the steam need (there are many, many, many non-steam pirate versions of games that need steam) -- but a thought occurs, if I pre-order for the bonus DLC I probably won't be able to rely on steam activation, in which case --- fuck. I really don't want to mess with it, but it seems like PB gave in to bullshit. C'est la vie.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Also, new preview from Gamestar (German)

Seems like we're gonna have a winner here.
Did you ignore the parts where he talked about the Titan boss that needed to be defeated with a QTE or the melee combat being worse than it was in the first? Guns don't sound all that fun either. Maybe voodoo and dirty tricks will save it but it's looking more and more like Arcania: Risen 2 to me.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Has it been said who's handling this game's English localization? Risen's was surprisingly good, hopefully they hired the same team.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Fuck English. I want to play the german version. Black slaves? Militaristic white overlords?

Kraszu

Prophet
AFAIK, you still need Steam installed and started to run a cracked version. Minus the cool patching.

Only with shitty crack.

But hey, whatever floats your boat, dumbfucks.

With so few good games released it is stupid to be nit picking about Steam unless you live in a forest with no IC, or mods are important for the game. That is assuming that R2 will be any good I will wait with the decision on that.

Morkar Left

Personally I see nothing nothing wrong to have a crack handy when you bought the original game. I don't support games bound to an account either. Especially if it is an account that requires an internet connection for singleplayer games. Plus I prefer to have the patches on my hd and don't have to download every single one. As an example, if you tried to install NWN 1 + 2 after somne years you will understand.

Kraszu

Prophet
AFAIK, you still need Steam installed and started to run a cracked version. Minus the cool patching.
No. And the sweet irony of a moron like you calling others dumbfuck...delicious.
False. But keep defending pirating Risen 2, it's you who is the dumbfuck, Risen 2 thief.

What is stolen when somebody downloads crack for the game that he brought? Oh that is right nobody has to have anything stolen for it to be stealing in newspeak, not even a potential loss on of extra income is needed for it to be stealing.

Shannow

Waster of Time
And another moron was defeated by his lack of arguments, common sense and plain decency.
Hurray for morons who flee into insults for they are not even able to troll people into reading their posts anymore :smug:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Hrrrmmm... sort of hard to quantify. Just a rough guess I'd say at least three times as big and probably closer to five times as big. I'm thinking the whole of Risen is maybe about 75% of Myrtana in Gothic 3. Then you have Nordmar and Verant which are the same size as Myrtana (albeit 60% or more empty space/trees/hills). I'm sure my math is all horribly wrong, though.

I thought they did a pretty decent job adding crap into Myrtana, Varant and Nordmar. I always felt like there was something to new to see or kill, which is more or less the most important thing for me when it comes to huge explorable open worlds. Especially Varant and the huge ruins near Mora Sul.

Skittles

He ruins the fun.
This thread is about people (legit buyers) who anticipate Risen 2, not about third-world shithole thiefs, please fuck off somewhere else. Thank you.

I think what I said was that I probably wouldn't be able to run it and therefore will not be acquiring it, legitimately or illegitimately, until I upgrade my machine. Nice.

More civilly, do you object to jailbreaking phones and consoles?

I tend to see buying and using a crack anyway like jailbreaking, though I suppose both are violations of the terms of use for the product.

On the other hand, some products' terms of use are rather abusive, but I suppose I just go out of my way to avoid those products.

Which reminds me, products need to have their terms of use more easily available before purchase. And in clearer terms.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom