Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter RPG Codex: Prima Official Game Guide

Toady

Educated
Recently one of the posters I enjoy reading was banned. He has been banned before and came back several times, but even so I’m pretty perturbed as his posts were a small source of joy for me. He didn’t need to be banned and this is why it I’m writing this game guide. I don’t care if you’re new to these forums or a veteran; I’m going to show you how the game of power is played. You might call it powergaming the forums. That way if you turn out to be a good poster that reliably delivers good posts, or is capable of great posting streaks, you won’t get your butt ding dong bannu’d!

Let’s examine where he went wrong; this is the post that got Iren banned this time:
Just ban the tranny, dude.
He’s a beggar here even if he’s not likely to expect a concession from the admin. There was never a chance for him to get what he wanted, and instead got the opposite result from his desired outcome. Total baka mode.

Other users have in the drama threads of the past couple of days made similar blunders, some engaging in “rules lawyering” and other such nonsense. The rules do not matter at all, in any context, and arguing with mods if someone broke them or not means you’re a mouth breather. Several moderators have gotten people fired from their jobs through doxxing[1] and DU himself brags about having done so[2] and threatens with doing it himself often. Users favored by the administration are untouchable while those they dislike will get banned without any justification “as a joke” or with some such post-hoc rationalisation if they are pressed about it.

The Codex has a reputation for being a dungeon for high level trolls and although I can’t level scale it for you, my glorious student, I can give you some starting XP for this campaign so you don’t end up like Iren. You can call me sensei-chan now.

So what are the effective strategies to get what you want? What do you do not to get shot in the head after begging the big DU for the eternal drama to stop? Theodora is a very good case study of what to do if you want to end up on top. Perhaps there is nobody greater suited to the Anarcho-Tyranny in vogue at present, equally on the world stage as it is in smaller arenas like private forums, than the anarchist, and moreover none as hungry for powah. Pls note that this post is neither approving nor disapproving of this particular poster nor this method, I’m simply stating what works and how for your benefit!

Pose as a Woman
Whether you actually are one does not matter one little bit, in smaller hobbyist male dominated circles there is an abundance of lonely easily manipulated men. Some will be very pitted against you, but even this can be used to great benefit and can be equally valuable to you as those who will jump into muck for you so you can step on dry filth instead of wet. Moderators and admins are weaker than anyone else to this, as they are some of the ugliest, most miserable and loneliest people on the planet. Technology has also made it easier than ever for biological men to pose as women online, so everyone can take advantage of this, so you can shut the fuck up about women being the problem there in the back, class.

This first step will make it very unlikely that you are ever banned no matter what stunt you pull, but you shouldn’t tempt fate just in case. There are certain important steps to take next that will synergize with this one. I’ll give you a non-woman specific build below too, don’t you worry.

Establish Operational Security
Get your slate as clean as possible first and foremost; take advantage of mentally ill people that tend to populate sites like Kiwifarms to redact your previous nefarious acts.[3] Then create a base of operations outside the purview of the forum you seek to dominate.[4] This is important as there will be no logs or traces for the admin and mods to check on their own site of what you get up to there. The external place is where you organize people you recruit and hold more frank conversations; get all your collected simps into this area. The forum is solely for shitposting and baiting.

Whisper in the Nerd-King’s Ear
The most important part of the forum to capture is the staff, it’s nice if you have regular posters that can show their undying support for you and upvote your every posts but they are entirely disposable meatpuppets as far as you are concerned. Early on you want to establish a direct line of communication to the moderation. Posing as a woman and hamming it up (if you’re just a normal woman user you could post for years unnoticed) means that you will without a doubt attract a lot of attention in any male dominated space. Focus on the bad attention and instead of reporting or ignoring people send PM’s to staffers about them, see who is on your side the most and is willing to go to the furthest lengths for you. Shittest them and see what you can get away with.[5]

The other users will pick up on this relationship and, being a rather clueless bunch, turn on the moderation without considering that they don’t have any real power to change anything without their own insider and allies in the staff.

This can be taken further with forgeries or out of context off-site screenshots[6] with which you can push them to take even further action than what they could confirm would let them, particularly effective if done in an organised group. It’s the best if you begin with targeting mental wrecks and drug addicts, who could provide you with cream of the crop cringe easily confirmed by the staff to establish a sense of trust before you move on to just making things up. Whatever you do never ignore the unhinged drunkard that is on his fifth bottle of vodka and will say anything to anyone that gives him attention or insults him. You just struck gold.

Burn It to the Ground
Once you have gathered enough supporters among the staff and a contingent among the regular users the forum is your oyster. Unlike Iren’s atomized ineffective whining to someone that doesn't like him very much your word is law and what you say now goes. If you want someone gone they will be gone and you won’t even need to get your own hands dirty. If you want to break a rule there will be no repercussions because there are no rules, not for you anyway. If you want to get someone’s private information out there you can, get them fired from their job, talk some losers into killing themselves, it’s all within your power.

With the above build you want to target liberal leftists for recruitment since they’re statistically likely to become your loyal pawns for a bunch of reasons. Anime posters, right-wingers, apolitical posters and homosexuals are bad targets and if you can you should try to get them banned because they might pose a threat to your growing power if they can capture some of the staff for themselves, like how the turtle boys got Twiglard on their side. Making sure that won't ever happen you have won the game. Now you either destroy the forum or turn it into something you find so boring that you have to move on to the next place.

Secret Buddha Grass Eater Strat
Alternatively, if you’re just here to post about video games and have chill discussions then the following strategy and build is remarkably effective, it involves stepping around all power-dynamics and structures to get to the good part:
  • Seed the site with alts, 20 or so should do it, for when you get banned for voting in the wrong poll or for saying something wrong about the marketed game of the month or when DU had his period and made up some bullshit reason to ban random users who only posted about video games. Just quietly reincarnate after every purge and don’t question it, maybe you posted too much or used a forum function in the intended way, or maybe you didn’t post enough.[7] Donmai, just keep trucking.
  • Ignore the rules, mods and any attention whores. They are not important, only video games and cool posters matter.
  • Never ever donate, whatever you do. They’ll get your private info (confirmed doxxers) and you’ll lose the status when you inevitably get banned for some random reason.
  • Go one step above an ad blocker and block any moderator posts.
  • Never visit the front page or the news section, avoid site feedback unless you’re there to bully them. RPG, Workshop and the JRPG section, with a sprinkling of General Gaming should be enough for you. Visit the cool sightseeing forums like the Prosperium! Have a coffee talk in GD. Read a book and talk about it in the library! Spend all day on people's profiles having fun!
  • Seek out Sukhāvatī sloth sensei-san and train your alchemy skill and level up your love ability, this will help you when you feel sad. ♥
  • Just be like the lotus flower with your bottom planted on a shitty forum but being pure and graceful anyway.
That’s it! Please suggest more builds below in the comments and rate this five stars if it helped! It’s my first GameFAQs guide so be kind and gentle with the feedback. :)

[1]
This is a Website where Admins have gotten several people fired from actual game development jobs by collecting shit posted by them on here and connecting it to their real identity like Infinitron did with sser or Crispy did to JarlFrank.
[2]
Remember when we lost half the forum after I doxxed that guy
[3]
I actually did investigate Theodora extensively when she first joined the Codex because one of my friends was getting drawn into her web, and I instantly categorized Theodora as a Zoe Quinn-type and knew it would likely end very horribly. It wasn't the cleanest of extractions, but it worked. :cool:

Then I helped Dora cover a lot of that stuff up at her request. I didn't post all her stuff all over the Codex, that would be crazy.
[4] Discord is a favourite but any platform will do.
[5]
If Rusty & Co had PM'd me with their complaints, included links, and screenshots (the less work I have to do, the better), I likely would've told them to ignore it. As I've pretty much told Theo. But if they had something. As in, really genuinely had something and it wasn't just as a result of their own stupidity, then maybe they'd be the bait right now and Theo would've been the fall guy.
[6]
I have screenshots of Discord messages dating back a while from a number of secret sauces. Both more public and private chats. I have various other bits and pieces that have been sent or provided over the months / years.
[7] https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/ban-theodora-a-poll.146090/page-29#post-8340390

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Better advice, don't simp over the tranny. Not on my rpgcodex.net

Hando:

I can understand that you're upset about being banned from Shoutbox by DU. You have the right to express your frustration, but not by doing the following:

- Necro'ing threads from 2011, multiple times
- Abusing the RPG chat room with non-RPG related shit (acting like a baby)
- Constantly sending your creepy fucking love letters of PLEASE FORGIVE ME WHY DO YOU HATE ME to Theodora,
- etc.

Knock it the fuck off, now, or else.

This is an official warning.
Or else what. There's not much more you can do to me. You and your cohort are enjoying every single minute of this. You're a bunch of sadists who enjoy watching people suffer. If this wasn't the case, DU would have simply nuked me a couple days ago. And stop pretending that Theo is a victim. I know she was posting my DMs in the box for everyone to laugh at.

SumDrunkGuy:

r5M1stu.png

Fluent:

sHBfbmh.png

Dexter

Arcane
I wonder what a true PowerGamer build would entail though?

Staff has given us some kind hints recently:
Theo and Meb "bring out the worst in people" by posting while female. I'll remove any unjust sanctions on them.
Woman > Man (obviously)
Yes, I have more sympathy for a lovesick 19 year old then for a decade-long self-destructive sexually harassing alcoholic.
Lovesick 19 year > old sad alcoholic (younger and "purer"/undamaged = better?)
Kalin's 24/7 Nazi chat to a space where a small 39 year old Italian woman could have gigglesquee sessions about her Final Fantasy 14 characters occasionally
39yo Gigglesquee Italian Woman > Nazi LARPer (political ideology matters, possibly less than sex and age though?)

Do you think there are Bonus points for Racial Traits and "Sexual Diversity" on the Codex already, or will they be implemented later?
Recent Drama seems to have been a gamified attempt to find out if Woman > Tranny, but results so far seem inconclusive.

Would it make sense to try and get ahead of the development curve, or do you think a classic build of "Young Commie white woman" would be the PowerGamer's choice for now?

Last edited:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Better advice, don't simp over the tranny. Not on my rpgcodex.net

Heh, cute story bro. You are the tranny simp.

What happened is this poster you call 'Theodora', who is either a mentally ill man, or a crazy middle-aged woman, began issuing demands and you caved in to their lunacy. Because you are a bitch, like your whole staff.

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
maybe you posted too much or used a forum function in the intended way, or maybe you didn’t post enough.[7] Donmai, just keep trucking.
Lmao, I totally missed this post on my first way through that thread. You literally can't win no matter what you do. Post too much? Bad. Post too little? Bad. Post in the wrong forum? Bad. Post in a forum you are not known to usually post in? Bad. New-ish account? Bad. Old account? Bad. Must be a sleeper agent for the enemy! HOW DARE YOU!?

DU would find a way to complain about a poster even if they only ever effortposted in General RPG Discussion.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I have had an idea about making an rpg game factions, it's gonna be a little chaotic since I'm traveling on holidays and on a phone but perhaps I will develop it later. I'm writing it as traveling in a bus, tired and bored

Faction 1:
1. bunch of mentally teenage angry barbarians who can't stand drama magnet but are mind - controlled by it
2. Some mid-tier brave but silly characters who don't understand local laws and powers

Faction 2:
1. bunch of mentally unstable thirsty citizens who will defend their drama magnet and are possibly mind-controlled
2. A bunch of citizens who just used the chaos to attach their enemies and cause lynching
3. Drama magnet, a mentally unstable unit who craves constant attention and enjoys working from the shadows (hero unit, rogue-like illithid character)

Faction 3:
1. City guards of various loyalties and in-fighting within the faction, mostly mentally challenged low IQ underlings
2. Their Lord, a mentally unstable unit who's word is the law even when he changes his mind often (hero unit, insane ruler-like character)

Faction 4: experiment observers, who mostly do not participate but follow every action of other factions

Faction 5: city dwellers who do not participate nor follow the untangling story, but use their democratic right to vote in every pool or share opinion publicly on the market despite not really knowing what they vote for or what in general is going on

Currently I'm thinking about gameplay and story, will consider suggestions

This is a purely fictional work and has nothing to do with any real personalities, any resemblance is accidental

Edit: actually faction 4 and 5 could be merged with very unclear distinction

Last edited:

Silverfish

Arbiter
The question for metagamers is whether or not the benefits of taking the Femoid trait, as detailed above, are enough to balance out the penalties to intelligence, strength and endurance.

Toady

Educated
[Examples of mental wrecks and substance addicts]
Hello and thank you for sending in examples of the sad people you should abuse and use as stepping stones for my guide! I forgot to mention that if one of them starts sobering up you can just repost messages from their lowest point to attempt to get them to get back to the substance abuse. Preferably you make it all about yourself despite them starting feuds with anyone they interacted with and sent their nudes to random guys online because they were drunk beyond most human limits. Also don't post your messages mocking them for living in squalor and being in a bad place though, that might make people laugh less with you at them and some simps might develop a conscience. Probably not though, it's fun to pull the legs off ants.

Your join date is dinosaur tier but I don't think I've seen you post about video games before. Seems like you only have 3% of your posts in the RPG section so I recommend that you spam that place a little before a mod finds out you just joined for drama after they look at your post history and then ban you. ;) The mods like drama too but if they join in and it doesn't go their way they'll just lock the thread and memory hole the entire thing. Something to keep in mind since you seem like a drama llama.

WhiteShark

Learned
The question for metagamers is whether or not the benefits of taking the Femoid trait, as detailed above, are enough to balance out the penalties to intelligence, strength and endurance.
Fortunately, as the guide explains, you can reap the majority of the benefits of Femoid without actually taking it by investing in Acting instead:
Pose as a Woman
Whether you actually are one does not matter one little bit, in smaller hobbyist male dominated circles there is an abundance of lonely easily manipulated men.
Given the harsh drawbacks of Femoid it's pretty much a no-brainer to skip it. Assuming you succeed on your Acting roll, and you should because this will be a core skill regardless, the target will treat you as a Femoid anyway. At this point you are free to make Influence rolls using Sex Appeal just as if you actually possessed Femoid.

The one downside to using Acting to replicate the effects of Femoid is that particularly canny users or those possessing evidence to the contrary will likely turn very hostile, but the guide shows how even this can be turned to your advantage:
Posing as a woman and hamming it up (if you’re just a normal woman user you could post for years unnoticed) means that you will without a doubt attract a lot of attention in any male dominated space. Focus on the bad attention and instead of reporting or ignoring people send PM’s to staffers about them, see who is on your side the most and is willing to go to the furthest lengths for you.
In the end, it doesn't make much difference to this build whether users turn hostile due to the presence of Femoid simulated via Acting or because they saw through it. Both types, if they should confront you directly, can equally be made into target dummies for your developing mod-simps. Plus, a certain segment of users will, even if undeceived, be indifferent to or even prefer the lack of Femoid in your build. Skipping Femoid is truly a win-win for the dedicated powergamer.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
[Examples of mental wrecks and substance addicts]
Hello and thank you for sending in examples of the sad people you should abuse and use as stepping stones for my guide! I forgot to mention that if one of them starts sobering up you can just repost messages from their lowest point to attempt to get them to get back to the substance abuse. Preferably you make it all about yourself despite them starting feuds with anyone they interacted with and sent their nudes to random guys online because they were drunk beyond most human limits. Also don't post your messages mocking them for living in squalor and being in a bad place though, that might make people laugh less with you at them and some simps might develop a conscience. Probably not though, it's fun to pull the legs off ants.
People bitch if you "don't show the evidence" behind the reason they were banned, then they bitch if you do show the reason why they were banned.

It's a vicious cycle.

Your join date is dinosaur tier but I don't think I've seen you post about video games before. Seems like you only have 3% of your posts in the RPG section so I recommend that you spam that place a little before a mod finds out you just joined for drama after they look at your post history and then ban you. ;) The mods like drama too but if they join in and it doesn't go their way they'll just lock the thread and memory hole the entire thing. Something to keep in mind since you seem like a drama llama.
Thanks! That's useful advice.

Oh-oh though! I notice that of your incredible 102 posts only 4 are in RPG Discussion:

ForumPosts%
25​
25%​
19​
19%​
13​
13%​
10​
10%​
10​
10%​
8​
8%​
5​
5%​
4​
4%​

That's a lot of posts in GD and Site Feedback by comparison. Hark!? What is that I hear? Drat! I think you've just gained the attention of a mod.

Looks like they're looking at your post history right now! You better make sure you have at least 100 posts in the RPG section by this time tomorrow or I think they'll just ban you.

Kalarion

Serial Ratist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Thanks! That's useful advice.

Oh-oh though! I notice that of your incredible 102 posts only 4 are in RPG Discussion:

ForumPosts%
25​
25%​
19​
19%​
13​
13%​
10​
10%​
10​
10%​
8​
8%​
5​
5%​
4​
4%​

That's a lot of posts in GD and Site Feedback by comparison. Hark!? What is that I hear? Drat! I think you've just gained the attention of a mod.

Looks like they're looking at your post history right now! You better make sure you have at least 100 posts in the RPG section by this time tomorrow or I think they'll just ban you.

Your math is off. 13 + 8 + 5 + 4 = 30. 25 + 19 + 10 + 10 = 64. Approximately 1/3 // 2/3 split.

mondblut

Arcane
I have had an idea about making an rpg game factions, it's gonna be a little chaotic since I'm traveling on holidays and on a phone but perhaps I will develop it later. I'm writing it as traveling in a bus, tired and bored

Faction 1:
1. bunch of mentally teenage angry barbarians who can't stand drama magnet but are mind - controlled by it

Faction 2:
1. bunch of mentally unstable thirsty citizens who will defend their drama magnet and are possibly mind-controlled
3. Drama magnet, a mentally unstable unit who craves constant attention and enjoys working from the shadows (hero unit, rogue-like illithid character)

DarkMiasma08_68kbcG8.jpg

https://www.oglaf.com/dark-miasma/

Harthwain

Magister
Hello and thank you for sending in examples of the sad people you should abuse and use as stepping stones for my guide! I forgot to mention that if one of them starts sobering up you can just repost messages from their lowest point to attempt to get them to get back to the substance abuse.
What are you talking about? Obviously our goal should be to drive any and all substance abusers off the site. For their own good.

Lmao, I totally missed this post on my first way through that thread. You literally can't win no matter what you do. Post too much? Bad. Post too little? Bad. Post in the wrong forum? Bad. Post in a forum you are not known to usually post in? Bad. New-ish account? Bad. Old account? Bad. Must be a sleeper agent for the enemy! HOW DARE YOU!?
You jest, but one dumbfuck made a thread asking to ban people who have alts, only for Crispy to reveal he himself had an alt.

So, yeah, new accounts are suspicious almost by default. Doubly so based on the contents of their posts. There is this one guy I suspect to be a spy from the Outside nested here purely to stir up trouble, because his rhetoric sounds like it's DESIGNED inflammatory, but doesn't manage to come off like a genuine Codex dweller who believes in what he's saying. Trying to ape stupidity is harder than it sounds.

Similar case for "old" accounts - if you suddenly wake up and start posting, then indeed it may look suspicious. I mean, who joins in 2018 only to suddenly start posting in 2022? While at the same sharing suspiciously similar style of posting to some other poster? I admit I could be just paranoid, but considering how widespread the alts are (judging how the very recent poll had to be screened by the administration) I think I am not being unreasonable here.

Iolo

Novice
Similar case for "old" accounts - if you suddenly wake up and start posting, then indeed it may look suspicious. I mean, who joins in 2018 only to suddenly start posting in 2022? While at the same sharing suspiciously similar style of posting to some other poster? I admit I could be just paranoid, but considering how widespread the alts are (judging how the very recent poll had to be screened by the administration) I think I am not being unreasonable here.

You're just being paranoid, alts are just a myth :M

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Your math is off. 13 + 8 + 5 + 4 = 30. 25 + 19 + 10 + 10 = 64. Approximately 1/3 // 2/3 split.
Adventure Gaming != RPG
Obsidian Entertainment I'd potentially be willing to give you (that they make RPGs is questionable hyuuk) but these are literally the 5 posts in there:

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/josh-sawyer-appreciation-station.133811/page-27#post-8087057
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/josh-sawyer-appreciation-station.133811/page-27#post-8097481
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/josh-sawyer-appreciation-station.133811/page-28#post-8097490
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/josh-sawyer-appreciation-station.133811/page-28#post-8101189
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/josh-sawyer-appreciation-station.133811/page-28#post-8115503

They're all in the same "Josh Sawyer Appreciation Station" thread and I wouldn't classify them as "RPG" Discussion.

His 4 posts in RPG Discussion are literally "Korean", some tweets, and "Kingcomrade".

General Gaming also != RPG but of the posts there, 6 are in the screenshot thread, a bunch of tweet memes, and limited word responses.

In fact, this thread literally appears to contain more text than every other post he's ever made combined.

See, this is why you don't draw attention to yourselves. We've got a literal low level contributor who hasn't posted anything of substance in their entire time here but holy shit, MethUser420 gets banned and suddenly he becomes shakespeare.

Nelka

Educated
Adventure Gaming != RPG
Obsidian Entertainment I'd potentially be willing to give you (that they make RPGs is questionable hyuuk) but these are literally the 5 posts in there:

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/josh-sawyer-appreciation-station.133811/page-27#post-8087057
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/josh-sawyer-appreciation-station.133811/page-27#post-8097481
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/josh-sawyer-appreciation-station.133811/page-28#post-8097490
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/josh-sawyer-appreciation-station.133811/page-28#post-8101189
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/josh-sawyer-appreciation-station.133811/page-28#post-8115503

They're all in the same "Josh Sawyer Appreciation Station" thread and I wouldn't classify them as "RPG" Discussion.

His 4 posts in RPG Discussion are literally "Korean", some tweets, and "Kingcomrade".

General Gaming also != RPG but of the posts there, 6 are in the screenshot thread, a bunch of tweet memes, and limited word responses.

In fact, this thread literally appears to contain more text than every other post he's ever made combined.

See, this is why you don't draw attention to yourselves. We've got a literal low level contributor who hasn't posted anything of substance in their entire time here but holy shit, MethUser420 gets banned and suddenly he becomes shakespeare.
That's some wild stalking, dude. Reported. +M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom