Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Josh Sawyer appreciation station

jackofshadows

Magister
She looks fine, jeez. Hardly fine enough for that level of insanity though. Also I drinked negroni just a few days ago, decent stuff. Seems that Sawyer's twitter obsession is finally paying off, wishing him a good fuck for once.

jac8awol

Arbiter
lol, you guys think he's finally starting to form a healthy heterosexual relationship? All that talk of negronis was simply an allusion to the matching lower back tattoos they got that say 'ngrs only'

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
Xir needs to study why a thing seems the way it does instead of trying to invalidate empirical evidence with some half baked theory unrelated to reality. It seems like the popular thing lately, condescending to people about why an observed thing shouldn't be understood as how it was clearly experienced.

KateMicucci

Arcane
I'm reading some old Codex articles, and stumbled on this interview with Josh from 2002. It seems he always had a problem with self-loathing, constantly unhappy with what he does, but unable to improve on what he considers "failure." Remember that PoE GDC talk? It had similar apologetic tone.

https://rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=24
When I first started working at Interplay, my goal was always to move over to development, climb up the ranks, and work on Fallout 3. Though I had played RPGs and CRPGs all my life, Fallout was the first RPG since the original Pool of Radiance to really kick me in the ass and excite me (Darklands was more of a slow burn). Well, as fate had it, I wound up working on the original Icewind Dale. I wasn't particularly thrilled with how my work on it came out but hey -- one step closer to Fallout 3, man. I then did some work on Heart of Winter, and that managed to actually be worse than my Icewind Dale stuff. Icewind Dale II came out better than I expected, but still, not exactly awe-inspiring. Along the way, I designed the magic sub-system for Torn, gave worthless spell/feat implementation feedback on Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, and helped come up with some of the background story for Lionheart. All of this gave me a lot of time to think about the work I'm doing on our unannounced "Jefferson" project (which is not a Fallout title).
It is normal for creative types to loathe their own creations. We are made in the image of God in that way.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
whats his problem with Icewind Dale?
too white?
Various disappointments with his map and encounter design. Outside of Kresselack's tomb I thought he did a better job than everyone else though. :M

jungl

Augur
same for a second I thought it was one of those "real" women. They notorious for preying on senile old men in cities.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
The only thing we know for sure is they weren't caused by c*vid v*ccines.

Codex Year of the Donut
sawyer, man who regularly bikes long distances & hikes had COVID, gets a blood clot.
Fixed.
309925907-508012854501863-6626219209201777097-n.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom