Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter RPG Codex: Prima Official Game Guide

Harthwain

Magister
Please, do read that whole thread.
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/can-we-ban-alts.144198/#post-8067777
The problem was on the mods ends, not the user.
I did. I linked specific post for a reason. I am talking about Crispy, not Infinitron here. In the latter case the mod himself was surprised and the person linked helped clearing the situation up. In the former the case was left untouched after being raised. Yes, it could've been yet another false positive (I am willing to admit this much), but given how it was handled (and the existence of alts being pretty much public knowledge at this point) I am inclined to think it was not.

Viata

Arcane
Please, do read that whole thread.
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/can-we-ban-alts.144198/#post-8067777
The problem was on the mods ends, not the user.
I did. I linked specific post for a reason. I am talking about Crispy, not Infinitron here. In the latter case the mod himself was surprised and the person linked helped clearing the situation up. In the former the case was left untouched after being raised. Yes, it could've been yet another false positive (I am willing to admit this much), but given how it was handled (and the existence of alts being pretty much public knowledge at this point) I am inclined to think it was not.
ChaDargo's account was created in Feb 19, 2018. Infi's post was in 2019. You would expect him to point out two alt's account, not one.

Kalarion

Serial Ratist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Your math is off. 13 + 8 + 5 + 4 = 30. 25 + 19 + 10 + 10 = 64. Approximately 1/3 // 2/3 split.
Adventure Gaming != RPG
Obsidian Entertainment I'd potentially be willing to give you (that they make RPGs is questionable hyuuk) but these are literally the 5 posts in there:

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/josh-sawyer-appreciation-station.133811/page-27#post-8087057
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/josh-sawyer-appreciation-station.133811/page-27#post-8097481
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/josh-sawyer-appreciation-station.133811/page-28#post-8097490
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/josh-sawyer-appreciation-station.133811/page-28#post-8101189
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/josh-sawyer-appreciation-station.133811/page-28#post-8115503

They're all in the same "Josh Sawyer Appreciation Station" thread and I wouldn't classify them as "RPG" Discussion.

His 4 posts in RPG Discussion are literally "Korean", some tweets, and "Kingcomrade".

General Gaming also != RPG but of the posts there, 6 are in the screenshot thread, a bunch of tweet memes, and limited word responses.

In fact, this thread literally appears to contain more text than every other post he's ever made combined.

See, this is why you don't draw attention to yourselves. We've got a literal low level contributor who hasn't posted anything of substance in their entire time here but holy shit, MethUser420 gets banned and suddenly he becomes shakespeare.

Then why is Disco Elysium still in GRPGD? Checkmate atheist.

The rest is struck by the court for irrelevance, the initial attack was about post count and ratios. Nelka already covered the creepy stalkerish aspect of your behavior, I'll be keeping this in my back pocket for when I feel threatened and unsafe. Get ready for your ban bucko
smug.png

Toady

Educated
Since there haven’t been any suggestions for improvements to the guide I will let it stay as it is now and consider this to be the final version but more builds are always welcome as well as discussion about changes to the meta. Before I leave this topic alone I thought I’d do some Q&A for a couple of unresolved replies. I also want to thank the community for the great feedback and response, domo arigato!

Might as well generate a new dungeon
The RPG Codex is a persistent MUD so we can’t just reboot it. This isn’t a roguelike where you can just go up a floor and then down again to re-generate it. There have been one or two attempted spin-offs but they never took off. So sorry, this isn’t an option. You'll just have to scale your player skills to the dungeon and make a good character.

The question for metagamers is whether or not the benefits of taking the Femoid trait, as detailed above, are enough to balance out the penalties to intelligence ...
I could almost believe that if I hadn't interacted with so many definitely male Codexers.
Please don’t use this topic to talk trash about Theodora. Stick to theorycrafting.

So, trying to hook up online is now illegal?
Sir, this is a forum strategy guide, not a dating service. Personally I found that as an Albanian all you have to do is to go outside and sit down on a bench or in a bar and spread your legs a little and potential partners will swarm you. I don’t know how non-Albanians find love, maybe they try courting others by making them mods or something.

That's a lot of posts in GD and Site Feedback by comparison. Hark!? What is that I hear? Drat! I think you've just gained the attention of a mod.
Thank you for your concern but it is misplaced. Your antique account may belong in a museum but if you read the entire guide you’d know I use the reincarnation strat. If the mods banned you after you’ve been here since 2002 because you upset them for whatever stupid nonsense reason (they have very fragile egos) it’d be a shame if you lost it. This account is just a gimmick account I used to get better at English and my main account sticks to the RPG section most of the time, in fact I’m posting there right now. So it doesn’t matter if I get banned, besides, doesn’t it look worse if you have been here since 2002 and never posted about RPGs anyway?

It’s convenient that this third-rate creepy janitor mod called DorkUnderfart showed up to demonstrate why with my favorite build you:
  1. Ignore mods
  2. Use alts
  3. Never donate
If you post like in other forums a guy like that can easily become obsessed with you, harassing you and stalking you, going through your entire posting history to find some personal detail that he can use against you. Notice how he doesn’t even try hiding collecting my posts and trying to drive me away from the site. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was writing a PM asking me for feet pics right now or was trying to find out my username on other websites. Imagine giving someone like that access to your banking information. If you follow my guide these benzo addict incel freaks can never touch you.

This is a good summary of my relationship with mods on the Codex:

Toady: *Exists*
Mods: Aargaouraoghroguaghgh pffrfpfprpffffrfp *farts and scrambles for the ban button*

I hope this guide and topic will help many new and old users to stay posting, players make this game and it’s not the same without you guys! If you ever feel like this place is going down the toilet just remember that your silly posts sometimes makes an Albanian smile. ♥

Fin.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Not to defend an obvious alt shitposting but.. RPG's fucking suck in <current_year>.
Do they even get made anymore??

If I search "RPG" on steam it's all MMO's and Remasters of Witcher 3 / Biotrash...
I feel like I'm crawling through a desert. Codexbros .. I can only bitch about PoE for so long..

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Not to defend an obvious alt shitposting but.. RPG's fucking suck in <current_year>.

If I search "RPG" on steam it's all MMO's and Remasters of Witcher 3 / Biotrash...
I feel like I'm crawling through a desert. Codexbros .. I can only bitch about PoE for so long..
It's like looking for a movie that isn't capeshit...

Toady, there is a build you are missing. Just be yourself and fly under the radar. Worked well for me so far. No alts. 0.1% effortposts. Hurling shitposts at others the whole time. Participate in and enjoy drama. LG Life's Good.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Yes, now go play King Arthur:Knight's Tale.
If Rusty's not here to shill the shit out of that game I'll do it.
Ever since screens became better with black levels, I've not been too fond about washed out aesthetics. Bought it this past Christmas sale and the first time I booted it up I was like /yuck/. I need to give it a proper go though; it felt much better than Expeditions from the little I played.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Toady, there is a build you are missing. Just be yourself and fly under the radar. Worked well for me so far. No alts. 0.1% effortposts. Hurling shitposts at others the whole time. Participate in and enjoy drama. LG Life's Good.
Add IDtenT to The Ban List™ for unlawful radar avoidance.

Zeriel

Arcane

Note also how the people who complain about lack of rpgposting almost never do it themselves, so...

It's just another convenient excuse to justify their personal crusades.

pOcHa

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom