Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Banner Saga: Factions is out

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
So far the press preview Conquistador has been amazingly well done and quite a bit of fun. Looking forward to the final release.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Indeed. I expect things will get ugly when the staff starts fighting over the review copy :P

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
It was pretty white and privileged last time I checked it, doubt much has changed since.

:obviously:

almondblight

Arcane
So far the press preview Conquistador has been amazingly well done and quite a bit of fun. Looking forward to the final release.

Sorry, but since they've neglected the necessary precursors that can't be the case. They're also ignoring the majority of backers who are demanding multiplayer.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I'm sure it took them a whole week to add the microtransaction framework and lobbies. And nothing from Factions can be used in the single player. They have to start over from scratch... it'll take another year!!! Meh, not feeding the idiot troll anymore.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Wow, just won a tense battle, i played pretty bad and lost my siege archer early but managed to catch up thanks to a well placed "trasher trash" and The Warrior! At last only 1 archer from both sides remained(speaking of Mexican stand offs :))
Enemy archer had 7/7 stats and i had 5/6 but he had only 2 willpower while i had 4 (thank you Horn) Won that one with 1 HP because he missed his last shot. Karmic justice i say, my remaining archer already missed 2 %90 shots...
:dance:

almondblight

Arcane
Thanks for telling me. They almost had me fooled with me actually liking the game and all.

Don't worry, I wasn't expecting you to understand. But I'm willing to bet that someone will read this thread with passable reading comprehension.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
It's on Steam now, but all that happens when I click play is I'm taken to the Steam community page?

EDIT: Nevermind, works now.

tindrli

Arcane
conversation_01_950x534.jpg

the deepest and most profound dialogue of 2013

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, reknown takes AGES to gain. I fought two battles, spending 1½ hours, and I don't even have enough reknown to level up 1 guy. Ulminati, what is this shit?

I even won both, and fought one of them on that "Expert" mode where you have half the amount of time normally given to execute commands during your turn.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
How the hell does this system even work? hoverdog has more reknown than me and he only won one battle.

EDIT: LOL, I found out why. Apparantly, they don't let you name the first Thrasher you level up. I renamed him, which apparantly cost me 10 reknown.

Money-scheming, two-timing son of bitches!

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I dunno mang... I played in beta when everyone got 1k reknown for free every reset. :smug:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Deal with it. Anyway, is it just me or does it run sluggishly?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Deal with it. Anyway, is it just me or does it run sluggishly?

It runs fine on my PC, but hoverdog complained a bit as well. The animations are supposed to not look completely fluid though, if that's what's ticking you off.

But god damn, this game looks like motherfucker. It's not often my graphicswhore is pleased, but this game is pretty... well, pretty.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Runs fine even with my shitty net and toaster. Only annoyence is them server restarts...

Oh and its not that hard to gain reknown, i played for only 5 hours and upgraded my 3 goons(not counting trasher) considering i played bad most of the time and lost, its not bad.
Also nearly won as an underdog at todays first match, but Backbitters are proved being nasty against unarmored giants :/

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Might just be the animations then, although the chat response time seems a bit slow, too. It's funny because my computer doesn't seem to be running hot or labored or anything while I'm playing. Seems to take less resources than Terraria.

Fake edit: Switched to windowed mode and it runs better.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom