Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dark Eye The Dark Eye: Demonicon

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.worldofdemonicon.com

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Eye:_Demonicon

The game has been in development since late 2008(!), yet remarkably little is known about it.

GameBanshee reports that it will finally be released on October:

Kalypso Media today is announcing an updated release schedule for The Dark Eye – Demonicon, its upcoming action-RPG for console and PC. Kalypso will release The Dark Eye – Demonicon for Windows PC in late October, while console versions for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system will arrive in 2014.

Last edited:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Ah, that thread got necro-ed in April with the GDC demo, that's when I saw it... meh, still looks like shit, especially next to The Dark Eye: Blackguards.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
What piques my interest is that certain events in the game will become part of the official Dark Eye universe history.

Though it likely doesn't amount to much, the same was true for Drakensang where you returned Umbracor to the world at the end of the game.

The game has been in development since late 2008(!), yet remarkably little is known about it.
They had switched developers and the game was made from scratch. Originally it was a Diablo clone, now a Witcher clone.

Also, boobs.

The-Dark-Eye-DemoniconDEMONICON_UK_PC_2D_Packshot-421x600.jpg

Unwanted

Bobbles

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
I really like the aspects of the setting used in Blackguards, but I wouldn't be suprised if Memoria ended up being the best DSA game released this year.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
This will probably be received as well as Dark was. Oh those Europeans and their shovelware.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Demonicon tells the tragic story of a brother and sister who become pawns of sinister forces in a world of cruelty and depravity. In this bleak yet magical world, their affection is both a blessing and a curse. Both are constantly threatened by mortal danger and demonic temptation, and must find a way through their tortured lives by facing serious moral decisions. Their common destiny will determine that of the entire continent, and will be decided by the choices they make. Hordes of fiends block their way to freedom and peace, and only through battle and magic they will truly become free of the darkness.
Are these siblings named Ganoes and Tavore Paran?

Oh those Europeans and their shovelware.
Does that include Larian?

Ebonsword

Arcane
Man, it looks like a game from 2008, not 2013. T

There seems to be a shortage of gameplay videos available--and the couple I did find were not impressive.

I see this dropping in price extremely rapidly. I'd be tempted to pick it up for under $20 as long as I can play with German language audio and English subtitles.

I don't have high hopes gameplay wise. This certainly won't be Gothic 2.

but even if it is popamole/hack a mole (like Divinity 2) I hope they do jsutice to TDE universe, and sounds like they are not treating CnC the biowhore way.

funkadelik

Arcane
If it has voice-acting I won't even play it, I can just imagine how terrible those two generic fantasy main characters are.

InnerPartisan

Novice
Oh DSA. What has become of you?
I still remember the time, far back when, in those magical years now known best as "The 90s", when even the Juggernaut that was AD&D cowered from you in fear. It was glorious. It was complicated.
It was fucking bonkers. But in a good way.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

Never Forget!

DSA2-Abenteuer-Basis-Spiel-Helden-Cover.jpg

Sigh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom