Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dark Eye The Dark Eye: Demonicon

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Those animations... :lol:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22223

If you check out the Steam forums for Demonicon it seems people who pre-ordered can now play the game a day early. So go have fun and play the game.

jacko640

game can be played already
this is very weird, just bought the game a couple minutes ago, and on steam it says

Available: 25 October 2013
This game will unlock in approximately 1 day and 7 hours

but when i clicked play anyway the game installs .net 4.0 and…. starts to play

not that i complain but something is wrong with this release date

Tomme

yeah same here. exactly at 10:00 in the morning (here in Austria/Europe) it started to download the 6 GB for the Game. After that i give it a try to start, and yeah, it starts… i played the beginning (tutorial) and realized with FRAPS that the Game is running about 150-200 FPS @ all set to MAX. and thats why I started the Thread with the Frame Limiter
smiley2.gif

maybe there is a feature that preorders are able to play the game 1 day before release
smiley2.gif

More information.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
LOL looks far worse than 3 years old Draken Sang RoT not to mention Twicher also show me the Kraut game with good writing Austrian. Its is not as derpy as some of Kwan games but with no spark of genius... pure German mediocrity; But it does have TITS so some :incline: detected. Also what the PC is wearing? the Leather Jacket from Mad Max 2? :lol:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Don't forget it just have to have better writing than AC IV. This year wasn't THAT great.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well all of promised :incline: has been delayed into 2014.
:outrage::rage::mob::flamesaw:liberals

Skyrim Job gets tedious... its too big and unstable to play with Mods and BSB without them so we can try this Kraut Wunder Spiel... after the proper demo will be released :troll:

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, this seems to be officially out now. Who's gonna take the plunge?

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I'm beyond the point of torrenting shit just to check it out, these days i buy and play those games i know i will enjoy and finish, don't have the time for anything else.

One way or the other, i doubt this will be worth it, especially at 40 euros.

i already torrented that shit:M. i will give it a try this weekend if enslaved: ottw turns out to be shit

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I remember Enslaved to be pretty good back when i played it on the PS3, one of the better cast of characters on a platformer of this generation, pity it was very linear and somewhat short.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Game seems to use Drakensang character & skill system, pity combat is popamole.

But maybe in this game enslaving nations with necromancy will actually be possible. I want to be a Borbaradian.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
First reviews: http://gamebanshee.com/news/112556-the-dark-eye-demonicon-officially-released-first-reviews.html

Furthermore, a few reviews are already out for the title, like this unimpressed piece from Strategy Informer, 6/10.

For all its faults and flaws though, its clunky design and sometime sluggish nature, there comes a point where the whole experience gets a little bit... moreish. For me, it was towards the end of the second hub-area: I’d started to level Cairon up pretty well, had some decent spells, better attack moves, and better stats. I suddenly wasn’t scraping through anymore, wasn’t fighting for my life. Instead, I was carving my way through monsters and brigands left-right and centre, thrusting through bones and sinew with the point of my newly acquired sword, and freezing demons with my Ice Lance before sucking their life away with Blight. I was a BOSS, and I made sure everyone knew it. If you can make it to the second area, and as long as you’re not stupid with your AP investiture, you too will probably reach this point at about the same time I did. Once you do, and provided you maintain the lead, the rest of the game is pretty breezy, actually. Not so easy that it’s not fun, but easy enough so that you have to work a little bit, but still come off feeling like a badass.

Despite this though, and as much as I hate to say it, Demonicon is a bit of a sub-par release. Maybe hardcore Dark Eye fans will appreciate the lore and its place in the universe, but on its own it’s not a fantastic story, and it’s not a well-designed game either. It’s all functional, but in a fairly lazy kind of way. Also the last couple of hours seem a bit rushed: it all ends kind of abruptly, and there’s a more obvious lack of polish than from the rest of the game. Its saving graces are the nice little design ‘bits’ that make certain areas of the game less cumbersome, and the ‘moorishness’ that seems to kick in after the first hub area. Also the fact that it has a kick ass ending credits song. At 26 hours, you also get a good run for your money, but don’t expect much in the way of replay-value. A one-shot worthy of a really good Steam sale perhaps, but not something you should consider paying full price for.

Softpedia is far more appreciative of the title, 8.5/10.

There’s no good or evil in Demonicon and you won’t be rewarded if you take a certain path that might sound closer to good. But the choices you make will tell another story, you can be the savior of a high-profile citizen and nemesis of an entire community at the same time.

I’m certain Dark Eye fans will devour Demonicon in just a few days even though it promises 25 hours of gameplay, if you only follow the main quest.

Demonicon introduces players to the “dark side” of The Dark Eye universe where players can’t just mindlessly hack their way through the finish line while looting the corpse at their feet.

The lineup of games based on The Dark Eye setting has just expanded with an exceptional game that perfectly captures a post-apocalyptic world dominated by demons.

Worlds Factory, 69/100.

The controls work serviceably well for the most part and I had no problem playing with a mouse and keyboard, even if using a controller did feel a tad more responsive. I think what I dislike the most about Dark Eye: Demonicon is that it fails to stand out from the crowd in any way; there is simply a significant crowd of much better RPGs out there.

Hooked Gamers, 7.3/10.

With Demonicon being far from flawless, I found myself wondering whether or not I enjoyed Demonicon enough to give it a positive recommendation. Honestly, I did. For every spinning boss, for every limitation in skills and character improvement and for every unblinking pair of eyes I looked at, I enjoyed my time with the game. Despite its issues, The Dark Eye: Demonicon remains a fun adventure that, while lacking polish, is an enjoyable journey through The Dark Eye setting.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I just played it for 2 hours.
It has horrible bug in combat which skips part of attack animation and stuff is jumping around. It reminded me of combat in Sudeki with all these fluid different styles, and I'm in denial. This bug basically makes it unplayable because action game NEEDS fluid combat.

Otherwise story has a bit of Witcher feeling as there is no right decision in the prologue. Don't forgot to create fast talk skill, you'd need it for these traps.

Graphics is something missing. When you seen Risen city and compare it to the first city, there is something wrong. Textures are crispy, but it somehow looks like Frayed knights, even if GFX is much better (but it's hard to be worse than Frayed knights in GFX). Considering some people complained about sky on some cards, it might be another bug. ROT was better, it fellt less as on rails.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Gamestar.de gives 73% and does, indeed, call it a story fag game with "way too much text", forcing players to improve out of combat skills and click through mountains of dialogue to farm xp and ability rewards. Main complaints are the hopelessly aged graphics engine and the easy early battles full of zerg combat.

tet666

Augur
Its way better then Arcania from what i have played so far, story is very good
I just played it for 2 hours.
It has horrible bug in combat which skips part of attack animation and stuff is jumping around. It reminded me of combat in Sudeki with all these fluid different styles, and I'm in denial. This bug basically makes it unplayable because action game NEEDS fluid combat.

Otherwise story has a bit of Witcher feeling as there is no right decision in the prologue. Don't forgot to create fast talk skill, you'd need it for these traps.

Graphics is something missing. When you seen Risen city and compare it to the first city, there is something wrong. Textures are crispy, but it somehow looks like Frayed knights, even if GFX is much better (but it's hard to be worse than Frayed knights in GFX). Considering some people complained about sky on some cards, it might be another bug. ROT was better, it fellt less as on rails.

XD get the ALI213 crack fix RLD crack is buggy and makes the combat like you described it.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
With fix it would feel more like Witcher 2 roll on the floor combat. And the fix will not remove that console like control problems. Pressing 6 different keys just to get into correct menus.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
The game has a "choose rogues or choose city guard" section like in NWN2. Haha.

Also, I suppose it's possible to revisit the prologue area later? Because I saw a trap there that needed Blacksmith level 7 to disarm.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom