Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The good things about Fallout 4

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Which is weird, because Bethesda typically make an effort to make the first two hours of gameplay perfect.

If that's the case i can't imagine how shitty their games are. The last Bethesda game i tried was Oblivion and i didn't last 30 minutes.

Sjukob

Arcane
The good things ? Well I personaly can't imagine that Bethesda can do any worse than that . In the best occasion , this will be the beggining of their end .

And fuck those сomparisons with F3 . It's like comparing a turd with a liquid turd .

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So Dexorz, back from my nonstop Starcraft spree, what's the laydown on F4? Is the OP guy making any good points?

Sankarihauta

Prospernaut
You have bigger problems than if a game is good for what it is. I don't think it can be much better in any meaningful way. Games are just to have fun and pass some time. Making the game better won't help you with the fact you need to get a life. Grow up. the Game is fine. you're not.

why did this anger no one?

Self-Ejected

ZodoZ

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I thought I was enjoying Fallout 4 until I came here and read how much I should hate it.

I've seen a few videos of FO4 now and I have to ask. Is it just me or do a lot of the male characters look like they were cloned from the same genes?
- Lloyd? Hell…he's 'bout average height, white, brown hair. Last I saw him, he had a tan shirt, and dark brown scarf. He probably ain't changed his clothes since I saw him last.

- You know, oddly enough, that describes a LOT of people I've seen since I left Arroyo.

- Haw! You're telling me. Names are about the only way to tell people apart nowadays. You'd think there's only ten kinds of people in the world. *Leans in* Way I figure it, there was some big cloning accident in the past.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I thought I was enjoying Fallout 4 until I came here and read how much I should hate it.

107l1zk.jpg

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
The good thing about FO4 is that reading these threads made me reinstall New Vegas and finally check out Sawyer's mod.
Good luck if you want everything to be balanced in your singplayer game= bland and boring

Makabb is being dumb. Sawyer's mod is cool. I used it in my third playthrough of NV. Made the very early game pretty intense. I disagree with Sawyer's philosophy on carry weight in the Bethesda Open World game; while he lowers carrying weight considerably, I think that adds a lot of needless tedium that doesn't make the game harder.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Isnt sawyer mod just cramping up the difficulty? What the hell does that have to do with gamebalance itself?

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
since it finally runs i fucked around with it for a bit. too soon to tell whether it's a good game or not but the combat is much better than 3. it really does play like a proper game now. thanks Arkane/ID or whoever the fuck taught bethesda how shooter gameplay is supposed to work. Still some lulzy stuff in there though like heads flying off after shooting someone with a handgun.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I disagree with Sawyer's philosophy on carry weight in the Bethesda Open World game; while he lowers carrying weight considerably, I think that adds a lot of needless tedium that doesn't make the game harder.
Yeah, it's the only thing I don't like in the mod. Limb damage is also maybe too extreme.

What would Fallout combat be without completely over the top gore?
P. shitty.

Mozg

Arcane
Isnt sawyer mod just cramping up the difficulty? What the hell does that have to do with gamebalance itself?

The smartest thing is does is massively cut the XP rewards and remove the last 20 or so character levels, which were just poorly implemented and balanced garbage levels they added to attract Bethesdavolk to the DLCs so they could level up their characters more.

Works well enough. Nevada is harder anyway so you don't really feel the difficulty increase from Sawyer's changes. There's a specific load order that you have to use, though.

About the carry weight, you just have to control yourself and realize you don't need to pick everything you see. zero/lightweight ammo and chems that aren't used by your character are much better vendor fodder than most enemies' heavy and shitty gear (which sell for a pittance since you most likely dumped Barter anyway).

And it does make the game somewhat harder since you can't carry a pharmacy and an arsenal on your back. :M

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Well it is better than depending on a pack mule companion. Though it does make ST more attractive which is good.

Last edited:

pippin

The pre-order items are removed from your inventory and taken into different parts of the Wasteland, most of them pretty removed from the main path. This is good for me. Also the mandatory path to the south isn't as safe as it was before since the mod adds some of those ghoul cultist patrols armed with energy weapons, for a low level character that can be pretty tough (they can kill you with a couple of shots on Hard).

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
I wish they would just stop pretending these are actual sequels to Fallout and just make the game as an FPS spin-off that uses the setting. Stop pretending they are making an RPG and just improve the shooting and such and I might actually enjoy the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom