Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The New Vegas Mod thread

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Crispy said:
Jaesun said:
Crispy said:
I Hate Cazadors -- self-explanatory

Fuck people are morans.

??

You didn't feel that the overgrown mosquitoes were just a *little* too hard to kill?

Uh, they aren't?

"OMFG THE GAEM IS TOO HARD, I GOT CHALLENGED, LETS INSTALL MODS TO MAEK THEM WEAK"

:x

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Crispy said:
You didn't feel that the overgrown mosquitoes were just a *little* too hard to kill?

No. They are a good challenge in a game nearly devoid of challenge.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Fuck you.

The stock Cazadores are ridiculously overpowered. They also serve no function in the game other than being a nuisance, appearing nowhere in any quests. In fact, they're so annoying at the beginning of the game if you don't specifically roll up a SUPAR HEAVY GUN WIELDING DEATHDEELERR that it's enough to turn one off from the game quickly.

These things are insects, mutant or not, with transparent wings, FFS. A few shotgun blasts is all it should take to take them down, NOT more damage than a huge armored radscorpion would take.

God damned apologists.

DragoFireheart

Crispy said:
Fuck you.

The stock Cazadores are ridiculously overpowered. They also serve no function in the game other than being a nuisance, appearing nowhere in any quests. In fact, they're so annoying at the beginning of the game if you don't specifically roll up a SUPAR HEAVY GUN WIELDING DEATHDEELERR that it's enough to turn one off from the game quickly.

These things are insects, mutant or not, with transparent wings, FFS. A few shotgun blasts is all it should take to take them down, NOT more damage than a huge armored radscorpion would take.

God damned apologists.

The butthurt is great in this one. :smug:

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Maybe because you weren't supposed to walk this path with your level 1 newbie? They are on par on strength with deathclaws, would you blindly run into them aswell? Besides that, they don't pose a huge challenge if you have antivenom and a smg in your pocket. I don't really see how this is "apologist" if people are just too dumb to play the fucking game.

And on "they are just insects" - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarantula_hawk

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I just looked it up.

A "normal", adult Cazador has as many hitpoints (200) as a radscorpion QUEEN.

How the FUCK does that make any sense?

DragoFireheart

Excidium said:
Cazadores never gave me any trouble, It's pretty easy to dispatch them with VATS.

BUT VATS IS FOR SKILLESLESS RETARDS WRITE!?!?!?!?!

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Drago, why don't you put up some coherent points to the argument instead of fucking spewing your typical idiocy?

Tell me: shouldn't this be easier to kill than a radscorpion queen?

322px-ScaleCaz.png

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
God I hate Steam!! Where the hell is the New Vegas folder to extract the mods files to?!! I installed using all default settings but can't find the actual NV folder! I have Win7.

edit: Never mind. I found it. Sometimes I feel that my DOS days were easier when it came to gaming...

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Crispy said:
Drago, why don't you put up some coherent points to the argument instead of fucking spewing your typical idiocy?

322px-ScaleCaz.png

Why should it? You do realize that chitin can be a pretty rough "armor", not even speaking about the stuff mutations and SCIENCE! does in fallout.

EDIT: If that's your character on the picture no wonder you get easily killed in an "armor" giving little to no resistance etc...

DragoFireheart

Crispy said:

322px-ScaleCaz.png

Hollow Point rounds.

Edit:
Use VATS.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Vance%27s ... achine_gun
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/10mm_subm ... w_Vegas%29

Magnum Rounds.
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Hunting_shotgun
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Riot_shotgun

This works too:
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Laser_RCW

Stop using fucking sniper rifles on Cazadores you retard.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Surf Solar:

Give me a break. That thing has the approximate body mass of a human. And significant armor on a flying creature? Please.

Even Fallout and New Vegas' brand of ridiculous SCIENCE! can't account for that. Or it shouldn't. If it tries to, it's retarded. Hence the mod.

And no, that's not a picture of my character. That's a pic from the Wiki of the cazador, dumbass.

DragoFireheart

Crispy said:
Surf Solar:

Give me a break. That thing has the approximate body mass of a human. .

The better for it to soak up the flurry of rounds coming out of my Machine gun.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
This'll be my last post on this particular subject out of respect for op's thread and so as not to hijack it any further:

For those criticizing the use of the I Hate Cazadores mod due to the fact that it makes a portion of the game easier, if the distribution of these particular creatures in the game wasn't such that you can run into them right away, I'd agree.

As it is, however, we're not talking about an understandable situation where a beginning character is simply running into the hills too far too quickly, getting themselves in trouble. These things appear almost anywhere in the game, and can do so right away, often in packs. This is clearly a design flaw IMO and this mod was one of the very first ones to appear for NV. I think its use is justified.

Also notice the other, difficulty-ADDING mods I use. I also play in "hardcore" mode (which amounts to nothing, really), and I enjoy mods that increase the game's challenge, if done so in ways that MAKE SENSE and fit in with the game's intent.

FFS I thought most of you knew me as a grognard by now.

DragoFireheart

Crispy said:
This'll be my last post on this particular subject out of respect for op's thread and so as not to hijack it any further:

For those criticizing the use of the I Hate Cazadores mod due to the fact that it makes a portion of the game easier, if the distribution of these particular creatures in the game wasn't such that you can run into them right away, I'd agree.

As it is, however, we're not talking about an understandable situation where a beginning character is simply running into the hills too far too quickly, getting themselves in trouble. These things appear almost anywhere in the game, and can do so right away, often in packs. This is clearly a design flaw IMO and this mod was one of the very first ones to appear for NV. I think its use is justified.

Also notice the other, difficulty-ADDING mods I use. I also play in "hardcore" mode (which amounts to nothing, really), and I enjoy mods that increase the game's challenge, if done so in ways that MAKE SENSE and fit in with the game's intent.

FFS I thought most of you knew me as a grognard by now.

Who the fuck are you trying to convince? Games intent? The game clearly intended to have Cazadores: if you are such a pussy you need a mod to tone them down then do so, but don't go bitching when someone gives you shit about a moderately difficult enemy AND when someone gave you simple IN-GAME solutions. Yes, they appear everywhere because the Wasteland is a dangerous fucking place. If all the enemies died with ease like in Fallout 3 it wouldn't be much of a dangerous, post-apocalyptic wasteland now would it?

Saxon1974

Prophet
Im using the project Nevada mod which makes the game a bit harder.

What game difficulty is recommended for a good challenge? I had it on normal but the first fight was retarded easy. I ran right up to the powder ganger's all six of them and didn't even get a scratch. I have switched to hard difficulty. Should I be using very hard with this/mod or will that make the game insanely hard?

Gord

Arcane
Crispy said:

Whatever floats your boat, man.

Back to topic:
Vurts Wasteland flora overhaul might be interesting to check out for those looking for some more graphics-related stuff.
And a look at the official Bethesda modding forums probably won't hurt either.
The amount of body replacers, anime-school-girl-dress-up-mods and so on is on a decidedly bearable level there, probably because of the forum rules regarding adult content.
Don't even remember having seen a Buster sword yet.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Crispy said:

322px-ScaleCaz.png
First of all, you must understand that Hymenoptera are the single most badass things in insectdom. Nobody their size fucks with them, these tough hombres fuck with spiders for crying out loud.

Actually, one thing wrong with the FO series is that giant ants should be the toughest motherfuckers in the Wasteland sans Deathclaws.

The insane damage they deal in the game is rooted in reality, since the Tarantula Hawk's sting is extremely painful, one of the most painful in the entire insect world.

Another thing you must know is that chitin composite used in arthropod exoskeletons is extremely tough and lightweight at the same time, making for excellent armor, which is why it dominates insect world.

And when you understand the degree of strength in the Hymenoptera brain, you realize that the Cazador there could probably lift your entire character off the ground and kill the living shit out of him mid-air.

PS: But as pointed out, Cazadors are easy to dispatch with rapid-fire weapons which negate their mobility advantage. You don't even need AP rounds due to their low armor. 10mm SMG kills them easily. Shotguns aren't a good idea since it gives them time to close in, and damage is the thing Cazadores haves going on for them.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
you'd think that a forum which usually defends logical coherence in rpgs wouldn't be full of retards ganging up in such a retarded manner on an advocate of the same.
Vaarna_Aarne said:
:salute:

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
VA's arguments are sound, and I appreciate his standpoint. Still, like I said don't want to hijack the thread any further so consider this a difference of opinion. We could make a new thread about it.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Crispy said:
VA's arguments are sound, and I appreciate his standpoint. Still, like I said don't want to hijack the thread any further so consider this a difference of opinion. We could make a new thread about it.

But I already linked you all of that a few posts bef... Oh well. I still :love: you Crispy even though I'm just a newfag!

Now on the topic, while we are discussing creatures, is there any decent mod which brings back floaters? I really miss them. I don't have an account on the newvegas nexxus because I want to stay as wide away as possible from 99% of the content there, so it might be cool if someone can direclty link me to it (if there is such a mod, mind).

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Gord said:
Oh and btw., I'm afraid "Sensible Dismemberment" above links to the FO3 version. Don't know about a FONV version.
Sorry about that. I do have a version for New Vegas, not sure if it's still available. People on the Nexus have a habit of randomly taking down their mods for no reason.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom