Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The New Vegas Mod thread

SuicideBunny said:
Excidium said:
Oh, you've seen nothing. :lol:
i know, but this is just so appealingly and appallingly surreal....
8627.jpg

Crazy Japs/Koreans... they are so fucking STRANGE.

Btw that 'Honey Lily' thing is reminiscent of the 'Honey Bee' in FF7, if any of you can recall. It's the costumes the prostitutes there wear.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS I TELL EVERYONE I KNONW THAT ALL ASIANS ARE A SNEAKY TYPE OF PEOPLE THEY WILL HIDE IN SMALL PLACES THEN JUMP OUT AND PUNCH YOU IN THE NUTS OR JUST STAY SNEAKY AND DO EVIL SNEAKY JAP SHIT

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Is Boone raping the corpse of Caesar or is he still alive? Because a corpse-raping mod would be p. cool.

Well, Boone just impaled Caesar on his bayonet, so I guess it depends on Caesar's DT. That mod also adds an animation for Boone to piss on dead Legion members. You can see his dick and everything.

But yeah, that Honey Lily and the touhou girl in the bottom must be their equivalent of

217867ss_sm2.jpg

razvedchiki

Erudite
is there a mod that makes humanoid mobs respawn time/locations more dynamic? its beyond retarded to fight the exact same raiders in the exact same locations as you did 3 days ago.
also after you break some factions hold in the region their presence should diminish after time, you can take out the powder gangers leadership through a quest but everything else stays the same as before.

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
Viva new vegas is really awful. Don't bother. FNV was already a fairly ugly game, but it was at least consistent, which counts for a lot. VNV's eclectic mix of "HD" retextures and weather mods make the game look like one of those early transitional period 3d games from the late 90s, aside from just being actually worse looking than vanilla in many cases. The flora mod is jarringly out of place looking, and dynolod, which i consider a must for games like skyrim, actually works against the game here, because the LOD pop in is somewhat skillfully disguised in vanilla, but here it is sharp and sudden, and much like morrowind, it actually makes the gameworld feel smaller and less mysterious.. Some of the stuff is an improvement, but overall its a huge step back. No seriously - vanilla looks a lot better. Aside from that, the mod is a schizophrenic mix of various UI, balance, item and patch mods. The result is very busy, and not very good. It feels confused. And of course, you will get some retard telling you its all customizable, and yes it is, but that defeats the entire fucking purpose of using someones curated modpack in the first place.

In the end, i literally just reinstalled FNV clean, chucked on jsawyer's original mod and went about business.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Viva new vegas is really awful. Don't bother. FNV was already a fairly ugly game, but it was at least consistent, which counts for a lot. VNV's eclectic mix of "HD" retextures and weather mods make the game look like one of those early transitional period 3d games from the late 90s, aside from just being actually worse looking than vanilla in many cases. The flora mod is jarringly out of place looking, and dynolod, which i consider a must for games like skyrim, actually works against the game here, because the LOD pop in is somewhat skillfully disguised in vanilla, but here it is sharp and sudden, and much like morrowind, it actually makes the gameworld feel smaller and less mysterious.. Some of the stuff is an improvement, but overall its a huge step back. No seriously - vanilla looks a lot better. Aside from that, the mod is a schizophrenic mix of various UI, balance, item and patch mods. The result is very busy, and not very good. It feels confused. And of course, you will get some retard telling you its all customizable, and yes it is, but that defeats the entire fucking purpose of using someones curated modpack in the first place.

In the end, i literally just reinstalled FNV clean, chucked on jsawyer's original mod and went about business.

Huge mod packs are not a great way to start (FNV) modding anyway. You will get completely confused at the end, and have no idea what mod could be causing what. If you feel like that you're missing something in your game, go look for it on the Nexus. That's what I have always done in the past.

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected

Already played it for 6 hours, half of it testing the new voice. I like some of the new voices though with a minus that the voice emotion didn't always match the animation (Given how limited and old the engine it's no surprise) and few others that i think didn't match with the npc at all, so with a quick FNVEdit i delete the voice record related to that npc.

Overall i like these new voice.

pidstuff

Educated
Viva new vegas is really awful. Don't bother.
I just revisited VNV recently and it has been reduced to very simple mods. No more graphical overhaul or retextures. Barely any gameplay changing mods either.

Eastwood

Educated
Viva new vegas is really awful. Don't bother.
I just revisited VNV recently and it has been reduced to very simple mods. No more graphical overhaul or retextures. Barely any gameplay changing mods either.
Yeah the author didn't want to maintain that big of a guide any more, so he threw out 90% of the mods.
Kind of disappointing, but the old guide is still available. It just won't get updated any more.
https://github.com/VivaNewVegas/livinginnewvegas

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
I want oddity mode for NV

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom