Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland 2: how much jewgold did you poured in it?

jewgold? how manys can Fargo haz?

• 500 (doomsday thingy)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2000 (personalized sextoy artifact)

• 2500 (personalized artifact and become NPC LARPer oh boy oh boy!)

• Total voters

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
$50 to kickstarter. $35 to the Codex fund.

I gave them nothing because there's not enough information.

I would need to know at least the following

- does the engine run on a JVM? I refuse to use Java

- is the engine 2D or 3D? I don't want a 3D game

- will they GPL the engine eventually? I don't support proprietary software.

If the game satisfies these conditions on release I will buy it otherwise they can go fuck themselves.

So... what games have you pre-ordered 1.5 years before release?

Fixed.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
$50 to kickstarter. $35 to the Codex fund.

I gave them nothing because there's not enough information.

I would need to know at least the following

- does the engine run on a JVM? I refuse to use Java

- is the engine 2D or 3D? I don't want a 3D game

- will they GPL the engine eventually? I don't support proprietary software.

If the game satisfies these conditions on release I will buy it otherwise they can go fuck themselves.

So... what games have you pre-ordered 1.5 years before release?

Fixed.

Emphasized.

Atomic

Augur
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
pledge 250$ to have the privilege of having my copy signed by the Magnificent Chris Avellone :love:
(also because im a sucker for collectors editions)

Temaperacl

Erudite
1k through Kickstarter for myself, 1.5k Codex (plus if I left any for myself in the final donation), 75 NMA, 1.75k KS for other people.

Monkeyfinger

Cipher
30 on the kickstarter
nothing extra like the codex drive

Recently they sweetened up the $30 tier. You 15ers should have a look.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I initially pledged 50 quid, but took it back some weeks ago. I will wait until I can actually see something substantial of the game, then decide if I want to buy or not.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I initially pledged 50 quid, but took it back some weeks ago. I will wait until I can actually see something substantial of the game, then decide if I want to buy or not.
I know you've posted your reasons elsewhere but I'm too lazy to search for it. So why exactly are you so hesitant to back this... at least at the minimum $15 level? No fanboyism or butthurt here, I'm just curious as to your reasoning. I mean $15 is like, what three Starbuck's coffees? :)

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I just grew a bit cautious because of all that hype. :P And the main reason for me is that the vision document isn`t available yet and nothing on the actual game is done yet to show, call me a retard (well you guys will do it anyway) - but I need to watch a bit out for my money and chance is high I get disappointed when I just blindly pledge. That's why I want to wait a bit. :) If the game will be great, then ofcourse they get my money through the normal sales.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
$0. Were it struggling to get funded I'd certainly donate, but I'm not going to pre-order something over an year before the estimated release date.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
$0. Were it struggling to get funded I'd certainly donate, but as it is it's basically a pre-order and I'm too anxious to pay for something over a year before release.
I just grew a bit cautious because of all that hype. :p And the main reason for me is that the vision document isn`t available yet and nothing on the actual game is done yet to show, call me a retard (well you guys will do it anyway) - but I need to watch a bit out for my money and chance is high I get disappointed when I just blindly pledge. That's why I want to wait a bit. :) If the game will be great, then ofcourse they get my money through the normal sales.

$15 is too much for you guys... really? o_O I guess I'm looking at it as more of a message statement than a pre-order.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
It is indeed too much as in "buying the cat in a bag". ;) I don't know about you guys, but I am often more than cautious when someone says "give me money now for something that I will do, it will be great, trust me! Even though I have nothing to show for it now though". Plus, I am a poor bum and wasted last months money on lots of books (because unlike W2, I can read them immedieately when I buy them ;P ). So, well. Atleast it's good to see I am not the only cheapsake, Excidium. :D

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
$55 Directly, unfortunately I didn't have any money to spare when the Codex drive was going on...

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
Can I take my vote back? I didn't actually think it through before clicking on the vote button.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Can you blame them? They wanted to save money to buy the latest rendition of Bard's Tale on the PS2.

Oh, I'm not blaming them....

...any more than I blame the pirate scum that caused the death of Looking Glass and Troika. They're the reason we can't have nice things. :x

Stelcio

Savant
Pledged $15 and won't tell you fairytales about idealistic motives. I want that game so I paid for it. Getting it (and other stuff) is the main reason most people put their money on the project. It wouldn't be so succesful if it wouldn't have given something in return for these pledges.
I mean $15 is like, what three Starbuck's coffees? :)
Five in my country. And they are expensive hipster apple-fanboy shit here, don't know anybody going there on daily basis. My monthly budget excluding rent is about $150 so 15 bucks is about 10% of what monies I have to live from for a month. So yeah, $15 is pretty much for some people, much enough to think many times before possibly buying a pig in a poke.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I think what we really need to know to judge the value of jewgold where you live is... how much potato can you has for $15?

Stelcio

Savant
Depends on the variety... :troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom