Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What's with all those server errors lately?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Cloaked Figure said:
How about disallowing people who are using an adblocker from entering the site? Not sure if something like that can even be coded, though, can it?
It can be done. I've not yet quite decided if I want to.

Cloaked Figure said:
If the forums are taking up too much space why don't you just take all of the threads in GD made before ~2009 and throw them onto some online archive? Same with News & Content Comments? And, in fact, Site Feedback? Old GD bullshit, old RPG news, old Site Feedback threads, any of those really necessary for the RPG Codex experience? I don't think so.
I did think of dumping all the old crap just to make the conversion easier - but there's a lot of classic shit buried in there. Also, putting it online as an archive means a database, means it has to be converted anyway, means we may as well keep dragging it around with us.

Tal covered the rest but yeah, the point is to upgrade the software because we need to anyway. Hopefully that will solve our server / load issues some-what as well but if it doesn't, we upgrade the server at a point shortly there-after.

Jaesun said:
I kind of wish we would just make the switch to the new forum software now, provided the basic coding needed for the site's maintenance and news etc... were available.
We could switch now but it wouldn't have any posts in it. There are guys who charge to convert phpBB2 to the new stuff but I prefer to do that sort of stuff myself - given past experience (we have many particular posts that can cause issues) and last thing I want to do is pay a guy and then find half our shit ends up fucked anyway. And there's an issue with the news system.

At this stage as Tal says, we're waiting on an official converter so I'm using the opportunity to play Minecraft try and re-build the game databases and such as they have to be re-written, otherwise we'll lose them in the transition. News & Content "work" but I won't be removing the quotes around that until I've been able to convert the old / current stuff and test it (I've changed how some things are done which, unless I convert our news / content myself anyway, will mean old news posts will be broken).

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
DarkUnderlord said:
At this stage as Tal says, we're waiting on an official converter so I'm using the opportunity to play Minecraft try and re-build the game databases and such as they have to be re-written, otherwise we'll lose them in the transition. News & Content "work" but I won't be removing the quotes around that until I've been able to convert the old / current stuff and test it (I've changed how some things are done which, unless I convert our news / content myself anyway, will mean old news posts will be broken).

Alright you drunken Aussie where is a status update. Or have you been spending all your time with hookers and blow again?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Fuck the Codex. Bunch of tranny whingers who don't care about shit anyway.

Kz3r0

Arcane
DarkUnderlord said:
Fuck the Codex. Bunch of tranny whingers who don't care about shit anyway.
:love:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom