Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Divinity: Fallen Heroes is an Original Sin 2 tactics spinoff co-developed by Logic Artists
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Thu 28 March 2019, 00:00:10Tags: Divinity: Fallen Heroes; Larian Studios; Logic Artists
Wow! It was just the other day that LESS T_T spotted three new domain names that Larian had registered last week. With PAX East coming up it seemed like an announcement couldn't be far off, and indeed it was not. Today Larian announced Divinity: Fallen Heroes, a mission-based tactics spinoff set after the events of Divinity: Original Sin 2. In Fallen Heroes, the origin characters from Original Sin 2 join together once again to confront a new threat looming over Rivellon, only this time they'll be fighting alongside squads of generic troops. Larian are classifying Fallen Heroes as a tactics game with RPG elements rather than a full RPG, but it will also feature decision-making sequences inspired by Dragon Commander. The really cool thing is that the game is being co-developed by none other than Logic Artists, developers of the underrated Expeditions series, who have apparently been keeping themselves busy. So here's the announcement trailer and press release:
Developed as a co-production with Danish studio Logic Artists, Divinity: Fallen Heroes is a new standalone game in the Divinity: Original Sin 2 universe. Fallen Heroes marries rich tactical gameplay with RPG choices and consequences, and introduces a wealth of new features and mechanics to the D:OS 2 engine. It will be released on multiple platforms later in the year.
Delve deeper into the world of Rivellon as you command your troops aboard the Lady Vengeance. Explore new lands and wield new weapons and skills. Build your squad and vanquish never-before seen corners of Rivellon. Divinity: Fallen Heroes features two player cooperative play as well as a single player mode.
A new threat looms over Rivellon. Lead aboard the Lady Vengeance and enlist the help of new and existing heroes. Join Malady, Fane, Ifan, Lohse, Sebille, Red Emperor and Beast in a tactical game with all the depth of an RPG.
Aboard the Lady Vengeance, manage your crew through diplomacy. Your choices affect everything. Lose faith and you lose heroes. Rally your troops, and you restore hope.
Vanquish the deserts of the Lizard Empire and the snowy climate of the Dwarven Kingdom. Master a revised combat system and take on over 60 missions with narrative objectives where your decisions greatly affect the story.
- Gunpower comes to Divinity. Lock’n’load with an arsenal of guns and rifles.
- Oil, Fire, Ice, Water and Poison surfaces are joined by the new Sulfurium surface, affecting hero positioning on the battlefield.
- Play with mysterious hero character Malady for the first time in a Divinity game, as well as an all-new character. Or take control of the famous Godwoken.
- Select from 30+ different unit types to create the perfect squad, and equip them with over 200 skills.
- Decide which technology to research and what artefacts to obtain to give your troops that extra oomph.
- Simultaneous Co-op Gameplay allowing you to take turns and combine abilities at the same time.
- Unlock devastating source powers for your flying battleship, The Lady Vengeance, that will turn the tide of battle.
- Recruit unique veteran troops, but be careful: if you lose them in battle, they are gone for good.
- Optional objectives and challenges will push your tactical acumen to its limits.