KotOR patch soon
Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
KotOR patch soon
Development Info - posted by Saint_Proverbius on Thu 4 December 2003, 16:55:39Tags: BioWare; Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
In this thread on the official forums for Knights of the Old Republic, there's some details about the first patch for the game which will hopefully be out within a week's time.
- Added two new "swkotor.ini" sound options,
Environment Effects Nonstreaming=1
Environment Effects Streaming=1
The Environment Effects Streaming=0 option was added to fix a problem with sound pauses while playing the game with an Intel i845 or i850 chipset motherboard and a 100 MHz Front Side Bus.
- removed the awareness penalty when running
- Made a fix to the "Disable Vertex Buffer Objects" option in "swkotor.ini".
Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1
If you are having some odd, random graphics issues you may be able to resolve them by adding an entry to your "swkotor.ini" file.
- Made a fix to the Enable Hardware Mouse option when it is disabled. This fixes a crash with certain ATI Radeon 9600 video cards.
- Made a fix to a display issue with Small Fonts.
- Made a fix to a gamma issue after movies finish playing.
- Removed the display of Force Points on portrait tooltips for non-Jedi characters.
- Fixed bug where some objects in the game would give a sticky mouse indicator like they had an inventory when they did not.
- Fixed an issue where if you changed appearance while Force Speed was active your movement rate would return to normal.
- Fixed an issue with droid animation when the item they were using ran out or their target died.
- The turret mini-game should no longer have the blur visual effect if you enter it with that visual effect turned on.
- The Security option no longer displays for doors which a key is required.
- Fixed a rare bug where the game could get stuck if an autopause was triggered at the exact same time as an area transition.
- Fixed a rare crash that could happen when a Dark Jedi dies at the exact same time as he deflected a blaster bolt.
- Fixed a rare crash on startup under Windows 98.
- Fixed a few memory leaks.
I'd like to see an option in swkotor.ini like:
That'd make my day, because I'm really sick of that turret minigame.
Spotted this at Blue's News