KotOR patched to 1.02
Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
KotOR patched to 1.02
Game News - posted by Spazmo on Wed 4 February 2004, 22:35:38Tags: BioWare; Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
BioWare's Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic hit version 1.02 today as the developer released a second patch for the game. Here's a look at the fixes.
This update for the game has been modified to correct the following:
* Added the ability to map the Arrow keys for main game movement.
* Added a Walk option button; by default it is the B key. While holding down the Walk button, your character will walk.
* Added support for 1280x1024 resolution.
* Added the ability to see all available party members character, ability, and equip screens while on the Ebon Hawk or in the apartment.
* Added the ability to hide the game GUI when taking screenshots. Use the following settings in your swkotor.ini in the "Game Options" section:
* The container GUI screen will no longer close everytime you click Give Item.
* Holding Shift when clicking Give Item or double-clicking the item to give will transfer the entire stack, without shift it moves the items one at a time.
* Added in some extra error checking and logging for loading and saving save games. If there is any problem, a file called "fileerror.log" is created.
* Made a fix to the Force Point Regeneration item property so it actually regenerates Force points.
* Fixed an issue where in some rare cases, the player would be killed while on the Leviathan.
* Fixed an issue with Dantooine Pazaak occasionally breaking Suvam Tan on Yavin.
* The Sand Person disguise will no longer be reset when entering Anchorhead and the Dockingbay.
* Dead party members will no longer show up later in the game. What with them being dead and all.
* Fixed the Hidden Bek Door (Security Station) to no longer display the 'Impossible' message.
* Fixed a visual issue with Power Blast and using Dual Blasters where the off-hand blaster wasn't firing.
* Fixed a problem which would cause dialogue to skip through without playing any VO.
* Fixed a problem where you would get stuck at a black screen after a game load or an area transition.
* Fixed a problem where the screensaver could activate during the playback of a movie.
* Put in a symptomatic fix for your character's attributes being reset to all 8's.
* Put in a symptomatic fix for party members getting stuck and not fighting.
* Put in a symptomatic fix for losing force points when going through area transitions with Force Valor active.
* Removed the +2 bonus to the offhand attack when wielding a balanced weapon in the offhand or when wielding a double bladed weapon.
* Removed the ability to bind controls to the "Alt" key. The "Alt" key was never inteded to be a usable key in the first place.
* Fixed a rare crash bug when leaving the Ebon Hawk or the Apartments with party members.
* Made some stability improvements.
* Added two new "swkotor.ini" sound options:
Environment Effects Nonstreaming=1
Environment Effects Streaming=1
NOTE: The Environment Effects Streaming=0 option was added to fix a problem with sound pauses while playing the game with an Intel i845 or i850 chipset
motherboard and a 100 MHz Front Side Bus.
* Removed the awareness penalty when running
* Made a fix to the "Disable Vertex Buffer Objects" option in "swkotor.ini":
Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1
* Made a fix to the Enable Hardware Mouse option when it is disabled. This fixes a crash with certain ATI Radeon 9600 video cards.
* Made a fix to a display issue with Small Fonts.
* Made a fix to a gamma issue after movies finish playing.
* Removed the display of Force Points on portrait tool-tips for non-Jedi characters.
* Fixed bug where some objects in the game would give a sticky mouse indicator like they had an inventory when they did not.
* Fixed an issue where if you changed appearance while Force Speed was active your movement rate would return to normal.
* Fixed an issue with droid animation when the item they were using ran out or their target died.
* The turret mini-game should no longer have the blur visual effect if you enter it with that visual effect turned on.
* The Security option no longer displays for doors which a key is required.
* Fixed a rare bug where the game could get stuck if an auto-pause was triggered at the exact same time as an area transition.
* Fixed a rare crash that could happen when a Dark Jedi dies at the exact same time as he deflected a blaster bolt.
* Fixed a rare crash on startup under Windows 98.
* Fixed a few memory leaks.
* Fixed Force Wave making all other force powers, weapons and possible action obsolete and unnecessary.
No? Maybe next time, then.
Spotted at: Voodoo Extreme