Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Bloodlines Official Patch 1.2
Game News - posted by Exitium on Wed 22 December 2004, 05:03:57Tags: Troika Games; Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
The first official patch for Bloodlines has finally been released. But was it worth the wait? It's available right now at 3DGamers. Here's the list of changes:
NOTICE: This game contains technology intended to prevent copying that may conflict with some disc and virtual drives.
FIXES IN THE PATCH
- Fixed C++ Runtime error on launch of the game due to older versions of Python interpreter.
- Fixed Invalid dialog responses due to older versions of Python interpreter.
- Fixed problem where keys and keycards may disappear from player's inventory.
- Fixed problem where binding either Enter or Right Mouse Button to the Use key would cause the inventory window to immediately close after opening. These bindings are now no longer permitted.
- Added "Inventory Full - Items Dropped" message when player receives items beyond the inventory limit and added inspection particles to the dropped items. This addresses the issue with cameras being lost in the "Model Citizen quest.
- Fixed problem where a player would have both the vampire and warform models stuck together when both Fortitude and Protean (level 5) are activated.
- Fixed crash to desktop when the player returns to the boat after rescuing Johansen from the Society of Leopold.
- Fixed problem where the newspaper would report success in the "Model Citizen" quest even though the player had failed it.
- Fixed problem where the player can log on to the Theater computer before receiving the "Tangled Web" quest from Mitnick.
- Fixed problem with haven mailboxes not receiving award for completing the food critic quest. quest.
- Modified E dialog so that it is easier to receive the "Thinned Blood" quest.
- Modified Regent dialog so that he now recognizes completion of the Gargoyle quest.
- Modified Isaac dialog so that he now recognizes completion of the King's Way and Gargoyle quests.
If you find that you are not accumulating experience points as you complete quests, this is because you have Auto-Level turned on and the game is automatically spending your experience points to improve your abilities and attributes. To disable Auto-Level, access the Character Sheet and click on the Auto-Level toggle button.
Once you acquire a new haven, your Santa Monica haven computer and mailbox will no longer function. Use the computer and mailbox of your new haven instead.
When you are playing a Nosferatu, your grotesque appearance prevents you from using the taxi that appears after you blow up the Sabbat warehouse. Nosferatu characters must travel between game hubs using the hub map found in the sewers.
There is no mention of any fixes pertaining to the intro bugs, the sound stutter, the dysfunctional Environmental Audio option, the performance issues, the load times (on some computers), combat lag, the major memory leaks or the respawning monsters.
But thanks for trying anyway, Troika.
Hats off to butsomuch for the notice.