Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Attack of the Show says Oblivion "not worth $60"
Review - posted by DarkUnderlord on Mon 3 April 2006, 03:13:29Tags: Bethesda Softworks; The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
G4TV have a quick video review of Oblivion. They spent all of fifty minutes (IE: Not long at all) looking at the 360 version but hey, seeing as both versions of the game are identical (including that shoddy interface), here's their final verdict anyway:
Fighting "crazy killer crabs" is one of the best parts of the whole game, along with fighting their rat cousins but we have to say it's a pass because:They conclude by saying it's simply "not a must have title. $30 game? I'm sold but put the $60 in your pocket and wait for it to come down in price".
- There's a lack of any real connection with your character
- A persistent next-gen world should not "chug"
- ... nor should it have random load hits
- 3rd person mode feels like an after-thought
- Combat is not all that fulfilling and you'll be doing it for most of the game
You can watch the summary for yourself here.