Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Everything you've ever wanted to know about Gothic 3
Game News - posted by Vault Dweller on Sun 20 August 2006, 14:42:21Tags: Gothic III; Piranha Bytes
Here is a summary of an upcoming Gothic 3 preview in PC Action (German mag), courtesy of World of Gothic:
* There will be around 550 different quests, of which 25 belong to the main story. It won't be possible to do all quests in one game, because a large part is only available when a certain group favours you.Sweet. They had me from "It won't be possible to do all quests in one game, because a large part is only available when a certain group favours you."
* The hero will have 9 different attributes.
* There are about 70 different talents/perks in seven different professions:
o Fighting (17)
o Hunting (10)
o Magic (11)
o Forging/Smithing (5)
o Thief skills (11)
o Alchemy (7)
o Other talents (6)
The developers think it will be possible to reach about level 30. For every level you'll get the usual 10 learning points and every skill or talents costs 5 LP.
* It'll take about 50 hours to finish the main story. For the rest of the quests you'll need another 100 hours.
* The player will spend about 60% of the time in the woods and fields of Myrtana. The other 40% will be spend in the desert area of Varant and the snowy planes of Nordmarr, about 20% each.
* There are around 1000 different items to be found in the entire world.
* For the 250.000 dialogs 62 different voice-actors were used. That is about 18 hours of spoken dialog.
* The zoom options of the camera range from first-person perspective to bird-eye view.
* The following system requirements are mentioned in the article:
128 MB Graphics card
1024 MB Ram
Spotted at: RPG Dot