Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SW:TOR

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
So you're known as Zunayson over there, huh? Good to know.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Haha, I read about that missing cancel sub button. Sneaky fuckers. I recall Warhammer pulled something similar.

Hmm. Both EA. Go figure.

Oh, and this: http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20120118-0
Keep subscribing and gain a title!
However, tons of MMORPG have done this and I honestly think it's just an appreciation-thing. Hardly an incentive to keep playing.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
The whole video of "please don't stop playing" has only 5 features. One of them is simply UI scaling...

There are two parts, one now, one later. That's how behind the schedule epic this is.

Speaking as a video-editor: That shit was made in a few hours and they are so desperate that they had to show ONE concept art for seconds and a developer just fucking Alt-Tabing the game.

Drakron

Arcane
Its pretty clear they have no idea what they are doing and no idea where they should be headed.

This is what dooms the clones, you CAN clone WoW but at least Blizzard had ideas to were to go ... this have none because the "main" idea was the Character Storyline quest and they simply shoot themselves in the foot because its a linear, changes nothing affair with the usual BioWarian illusion of choice so you cannot really play a Jedi that goes Sith as you are forced down the "I am a Jedi" path.

They are just adding Instances as if this is what can save the game ... not making Guilds something more that a private Chat Channel, not fixing PvP, not addressing the server population inbalance (that they caused by going WoW)...

Haha, I read about that missing cancel sub button. Sneaky fuckers. I recall Warhammer pulled something similar.

Hmm. Both EA. Go figure.

Oh, and this: http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20120118-0
Keep subscribing and gain a title!
However, tons of MMORPG have done this and I honestly think it's just an appreciation-thing. Hardly an incentive to keep playing.

Reminds me of Bioware giving away copies of ME2 to everyone who bought DA2 as thanks for making DA2 the success it was. Except that MMO players are much more cheaply bribed.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
The ending of Bioware began with Dragon Age 2
A newfag, obviously. :smug:

EDIT: Loved the website. 8/10 to Skyrim? Fuck them.
And 9/10 to Oblivion.

:rage:

At least it was appended with "(but not as good as Morrowind)", but :rage: nevertheless.

At best, Skyrim was a 7/10. I liked it quite a bit, but there are quite a few issues with it.

The fact that it isn't an RPG is one of them.

DraQ

Arcane
I still didn't have time to play it properly, but I'm considering purchase.

I'd be much more willing to do so if it didn't continue down the path of decline in regards to many elements, even though it's infinitely better than oblivious as a whole. I want my spellmaker, and fuckload of spell effects and attribute system.

DragoFireheart

Just accept that Skyrim is a FP action-adventure game like Dark Messiah. If you do that and stop pretending it's an RPG, you'll enjoy it much more.

If you expect it to be an RPG though, you'll be disappointed.

Black

Arcane
Then how come the action-adventuring elements also suck?

Mortmal

Arcane
Almost got trapped, i looked in my account info and strangely the cancel button had dissapear! Had to google how to cancel swtor...
I am taking a break from it, although the storyline are nice they are filled with useless filler fights, the same exact encounters X1000, i am not exagerrating, one strong enemy 2 or 3 weak, all the time, always the same abilities always the same tactis, no change.I wish to discover them all but the grind is atrocious, past the novelty and the cutscenes its exactly like any of those korean grinders.Oh and the latest patch did not improve anything, they took time to double the cost of my pvp items, but not the time to fix the atrcious (almost unplayable in pvp) ability delay. Some classess are completely overpowered, pvp completely sucks now, oh well enough said its not worth the effort.

DragoFireheart

Combat, exploration?

What, are you unsure?

Combat is better than it was in Oblivion. It's not Dark Souls by any means, but it's decent.

Sword-n-board: Block, hit back. Sorta simple, but blocking is actually important in this game compared to Oblivion.

Dual-Wield: Spam power attacks until they die. Pretty boring and requires little strategy.

Magic: Depends on the school. Conjuration just summonsa dude and you watch fight: very boring. Destruction is spam spells until they die: also boring. Illusion magic can be a lot of fun however.

Archery: Boring without stealth, but with stealth it becomes a little different. Have to pick locations to fire from, not fire too much (else you give up your location). This is simply evidence that stealth has been done fairly well in this game.

Exploration: The environment is ascetically nice. The Nordic ruins are well made. Dwemner ruins are VERY neat and I also enjoy exploring them. However, if your gripe is with the "loot", then I can understand since smithing and enchanting can obsolete all loot you find, making exploring places only worthwhile for gold and because the stupid quest arrow takes you there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom