Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
We should just take his first harem member out from under him, therefore tying Songfeng to us.
Fire Cult, Wudu Cult, Qingcheng, how many left to go?
All of them, obviously. This is one of the potential goals of the LP, after all:
What can one person accomplish in this cauldron of chaos?

Overthrow and replace the Son of Heaven, who has lost his mandate to rule?

Unite the bickering pugilistic sects under one banner, to usher in a new world?

Or to live out life quietly on the sidelines, away from the troubles of the era?
And that is exactly what we are doing - uniting orthodox and unorthodox sects, chinese and persian alike, through our glorious harem.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I must dissuade you bros from the incredibly weak-as-fuck, pussy half-measure that is B. We get Song Lingshu out of there, but Mao is still firmly in control of the sect and nothing is resolved.
Personally, I want C1 to win AND I do believe that B1 would still have the desired effect, but if I may: What would be so bad about the scenario you outline? It would keep the balance of power between the factions by giving Nei some competition and we would still have saved the girl from a bad marriage and maybe even picked up a new party member/harem girl.

Still not getting the Mao fear - and no, it's not that Mao. :roll:

edit: Laxatives are a must for all votes because they are awesome and we need to finally use them.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Hueshan next? Get rid of master Nie and BJ and then marry the Twins?

Gotta catch 'em all!

edit: We need little balls to keep them in. "Cao'er, I choose you!"

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The tally is on 763th page. I won't be updating it for a while.

And it would be nice if people considered the synergy between the choices. Even though B1 and B2 choices in 'Tibetan Trouble' were in the same category (stay and explain), they played out very differently and one of them led to a party member dying.

If a violence breaks out in A, I'd rather not fight all of the masters at their strongest. If there is anything Mao Sanjiao is right about, it is that anyone who gets inside this place with ill intentions has to be insane.

If people want to turn it into A vs. C, let's at least make it A1 vs. C1.

Last edited:

Rex Feral

Prophet
Goddammit guys you always choose troll>dick>harem in this very order.

The fact that troll and dick coincide in this choice makes C a clear win for you.

Rex Feral

Prophet
Come to think of it, the only choices that actually got us somewhere, were the choices that didn't include any of those.

The choices we gained from the most were the ones where we made a sacrifice or took a huge risk.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Violence will break out much more likely if laxatives are used.

hard to be violent when you are trying to keep crap from spewing out your backside...
Come to think of it, the only choices that actually got us somewhere, were the choices that didn't include any of those.

The choices we gained from the most were the ones where we made a sacrifice or took a huge risk.
If we hadn't gone after Yunzi last time, we'd never have gotten to lead her cult or gain the powerup from reading the scrolls. Cao'er is an excellent healer. Qilin is great with stealth and poisons and helped with the emperor trick. harem ftw.

dick has nearly gotten us killed every time though...

Esquilax

Arcane
Violence will break out much more likely if laxatives are used.

Well, that depends. A is taking an awfully big leap of faith on BJ's word; he said that he's going to back us up, but realistically, he can just renege on his part of the deal in A. The laxatives in that case would be an insurance policy in the event that BJ pulls a Theseus and the rest of these assholes want to gang up on us. The question is, will he pull a Theseus?

“You will have to gather the support of the sect to stand against Mao Sanjiao.”

You nod, and say, “You will be helping out with that, I presume?” Bai Jiutian looks aghast at the idea, as if it is utterly stupid. “Of course not. If I interfere openly with an internal matter of Qingcheng, it would look like Huashan has something to do with it!”

It doesn't seem like there is much in it for BJ. Yeah, it's the right thing to do, but I'm not convinced that BJ is such a great guy, and second, there seems to be downsides to speaking up in favour of Song Lingshu. Nie and his cronies won't like it, the former because it looks like Huashan is involving themselves in someone else's business and the latter because Su Cheng and Liu Ye are the sort who only back the winning side. The upside is whether or not you think BJ is an asshole or a genuinely good guy with a massive stick up his ass, we can all agree that he'd rather be the one to kill Xu Jing instead of letting these Sect Heads have all the fun. So from that standpoint, betrayal could be somewhat less unlikely and A2 might work out provided we get Abbess Miaozhu on board with us.

If BJ is actually coming in with good intentions and wants to back us up in A, making everyone shit their pants is probably not the best way to make our case.

Tribute

Arbiter
Hang on a minute:
C. You will convince Song Lingshu to run off, but you will stay behind even after she is gone
Who is she running off with? Are we meeting up with her later?

ScubaV

Prophet
I'm kind of surprised to see you going for the lulzy choice Esquilax. You're usually one of the more level headed people around here. Yes, A will make it a hard choice for BJ, which is what makes it so appealing. He's already admitted to us and Song Lingshu that this whole situation is wrong. If he keeps his word, then it weakens his personal image and indirectly damages Nie and Huashan's efforts toward an orthodoxy under their thumb. If BJ backs out at the last second, it will be a cowardly act that we can throw in his face in the future.

C is basically Theseus'ing ourself. Everyone has an easy scapegoat and the only one who comes out looking bad is us. Mao will lose some face, but everyone's scorn will be saved for a certain Man Tiger Pig. Maybe it's enough to eventually cause Mao to lose control of Qingcheng, maybe not, but it will do very little to change the overall Douchebag Generation-led Eight Sects vs. Fire Cult situation. If anything, it will solidify Huashan's control by possibly eliminating another power-hungry rival.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Hang on a minute:
Who is she running off with? Are we meeting up with her later?

She'll sneak out herself. She grew up on this mountain, she knows the sect like the back of her hand. Yifang and Cao'er will go meet up with her before the shit hits the fan.

Baltika9

Arcane
Can we avoid poisoning the Emei, Wudang, Shaolin reps and BJ? Or is it everyone we're going after?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Is it just those specific people you want to avoid poisoning? An antidote can be arranged beforehand.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Can we avoid poisoning the Emei, Wudang, Shaolin reps and BJ? Or is it everyone we're going after?
True masters will individuate anything strange in their food almost immediately.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom