Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline The Worst CRPG Ever?

Worst CRPG Ever?

• Total voters

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
Tell that to the people in this thread. Never thought the "EVERYTHING IS SHIT" motto would work this way...

waiting for Hivemind to emerge from chaos

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Anyone tried Gothic3 Forsaken Gods? I tried, finished. Hilarity ensures. Massive Gothic lore reap. Dull dialogues.
That NPC saying "Złodziej złodziejuje" ("Thief is thieving"?) still hount my mind everytime Gothic name is dropped.

Now I need to play Risen3 to finish my journey though the saga of Gothic and suplements in piratey world a like.

You'll probably ragequit by the second ladder you find.
I though Descent to Undermountain was cRPG, not FPS from '90 like Half Life, where ladders kill you.
I know it's in first person too but...

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Anyone tried Gothic3 Forsaken Gods? I tried, finished. Hilarity ensures. Massive Gothic lore reap. Dull dialogues.
That NPC saying "Złodziej złodziejuje" ("Thief is thieving"?) still hount my mind everytime Gothic name is dropped.

I though Descent to Undermountain was cRPG, not FPS from '90 like Half Life, where ladders kill you.
commie's about the only codexer I remember what's played Forsaken Gods. Probably.

Celerity

Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.
Village Idiot Possibly Retarded
They still claim it's an RPG and a Roguelike despite having zero elements of either. (also no strategy) I'll take it.

Celerity

Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.
Village Idiot Possibly Retarded
I never played it, despite having wishlisted it. There was a lot of hype about it on shoutbox last year by the usual suspects (Ulmicati e co).

That game is a case study in why hype is toxic.

You didn't miss anything, and all the interesting "content" you can see just by watching their forum and review drama.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

commie's about the only codexer I remember what's played Forsaken Gods. Probably.

Yes..FG was something I went through with it's original Indian nigger dev work. So apart from the lore raep there was also the almost unplayable Trelis section, where I had to drop to the lowest res and every detail at minimum just to get past. I really liked the design of Myrtana from G3 and that's the only reason I put up with that shit...

Though to my shame I am thinking of going through it with the EE community patch to see if they fixed anything...at least the combat seems much more brutal....:M

Why are ME3 and Witcher 2 in a CRPG poll?

Because they are games where you play a role. :smug:

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Fallout 4 manages to be even worse than Fallout 3 and it was no small feat considering how abysmal 3 was. Surprising to see it isn't in the list.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
First - there are worse games than Risen2. Dagon Age trilogy for example.
Second - Risen 3 is even worse. Nobody told you that because you and everyone else did not played it.
Wrong. And wrong.
Dragon Age: Origins is a wonderful game, which even on the Codex has a somewhat positive reputation.
Also, I played Risen 3, and as opposed to Risen 2 I was able to finish it. Gameplay is the same shit as in Risen 2, but the world is better, it's a little bit more mature, and the atmosphere is way more Gothic than the two Risen before.

Yes, Forsaken Gods is one of the worst games ever made.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Fallout 4 manages to be even worse than Fallout 3 and it was no small feat considering how abysmal 3 was. Surprising to see it isn't in the list.
People might have had some small expectations of Fallout 3. No-one should have been surprised at Fallout 4.

Last edited:

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
People might have had some small expectations of Fallout 3. No-one should have been surprised at Fallout 4.
That's exactly why I chose DA2 out of all of them. I sincerely believed that DA:O with some fixes and improvements would be amazing and I went to DA2 expecting something like that(wasn't much into reading a lot of gaming news...until then). It hurt a lot when I met the first enemies that slided down from ropes hanging from the air.

Nyast

Cipher
I voted for DA:I. MMORPGizing our solo games is the modern cancer. I just couldn't stand it after a few hours.

Rostere

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
There are so many games that are utter shit that "worst" without any type of limitation becomes a pointless discussion, you can always find more stupid shit which calls iself CRPG. I voted Lionheart, because it's the shittiest RPG that part of me still wants to play.

Sòren

Arcane
some of the games in the list are probably much worse - but well, the only one i really "played" was Dragon Age 2...the demo. for 4 minutes.

didnt waste another thought on that garbage after that.

typical user

Arbiter
Why Fable 3 isn't listed? Some journalfags consider it "Action RPG". I played that mess, typical Xbox shit with literally every game element broken or low quality.

I voted for Fallout 3, although I considered Dragon Age: Inquisition to take the vote but nah, at least the world reacts to your events and NPCs refer to you by your race. Fallout 3 is garbage.

But wait, why no Fallout 4? Fallout 3 is better than 4, which is surprising achievement.

:hearnoevil:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I tried Realms of Arkania: shovelware edition and while the running around looks quite nice, I gave up in the first combat. That part of the game is just atrocious.

Mary Sue Leigh

Erudite
Man, that's a tough one. But before Gothic 4, Fallout 3 and Ultima 9 I have to go with Might and Magic 9 simply because I loved the M&M series so much that I cannot forget how dumb struck I was when I bought a new copy of 9 and then tried to play the unfinished mess that was not even far enough in completion to even be called an EARLY ALPHA stage, but still sold at full price.
I know the developers told that to the publisher and in fact fought against a speedy release that they were pushing, but man.
That was some horrible crap.
No wonder it killed the franchise for more than a decade.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom