Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Looks like they felt the need to respond to butthurt: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-kingmaker/posts/2246024

Season Pass & Post-Release Content
Posted by Berserkerkitten

Dear Pathfinders!

As many of you have noticed, the Imperial Edition in our new pre-orders on Steam and GoG contains a season pass. We have received many questions and comments about this from you, so let us address the most urgent ones, starting with the nature of the DLC contained in the season pass.

After the end of our crowdfunding campaign, many of you have sent us requests for additional races, classes and other content and features to be added as DLC after release. So we are going to work on some additional content post-release to make the game even bigger and better and to add even more to the experience!This is going to be funded, you guessed it, with the help of the season pass. No content is cut from the base game for this! Pathfinder: Kingmaker will release with all the content, all the races, classes, story chapters, absolutely everything we promised during our Kickstarter campaign. You get the full game, as promised.

Over the coming months after release, we are going to release several DLC packs. The first three of these DLC packs will be in the first season pass. You will also be able to buy each DLC on its own when it releases. We will release more information about the contents and estimated release dates of each DLC at a later date. Don't worry, all will be revealed before the release of Pathfinder: Kingmaker!

As for the pricing, our Imperial Edition has everything contained in the Royal Edition, as well as the season pass. Because of that, it costs $15 more than the Royal Edition. The season pass is going to contain about $40 worth of DLC. Those of you not interested in the Imperial Edition will be able to purchase a standalone season pass when we get a little closer to release. As mentioned before, each DLC will also be available for purchase on its own.

One more thing: we are giving the first season pass to every backer, who pledged $95 or more for our beta tiers on Kickstarter or $110 on our crowdfunding-preorders for free as a thank you for helping us beta-test our early builds! So if you're one of our beta supporters, there's no need for you to buy the season pass - you'll be getting it from us, free of charge!

Hail to the Kings!

Owlcats

e94639ac9cc5d71687fc3070884fa252_original.png

Good news on the season pass for high tier backers.

Cael

Arcane
They will have more than one season pass?

You will need a season pass for the season passes.
Someone get the fucking Singaporean out of the game industry.

Singapore, the only country wehre you have to buy a permit to own a car, get permission to buy a car, get a permit to operate a car (during certain times) and that is before you buy the car, which is taxed to hell even a made-in-China junker would cost in excess of $200,000.

Shadenuat

Arcane
What I found more disturbing was the particular writing titbit when you get news of a mystical plague, and get told about it by your councelor
Streamer picks line which looks something like "fuck I care, I have something else to do", at which point NPC with explanations, but heavy handedly turns the dialogue to "but thou must" saying "all what you do doesn't matter, you gotta rule kingdom here, this is more important, do IT NOW you idiot".

My first reaction as evil character would be hanging the dude of course. But I doubt game would allow that.

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They will have more than one season pass?

You will need a season pass for the season passes.
Someone get the fucking Singaporean out of the game industry.

Singapore, the only country wehre you have to buy a permit to own a car, get permission to buy a car, get a permit to operate a car (during certain times) and that is before you buy the car, which is taxed to hell even a made-in-China junker would cost in excess of $200,000.
probably they are a tiny country and car excess is the least thing they wanna do.

Makes sense if they tax cars and other personal transport to the seven hells.

Plus they actually have great public transport so the lack of car buying abikity aint so bad

ArchAngel

Arcane
What I found more disturbing was the particular writing titbit when you get news of a mystical plague, and get told about it by your councelor
Streamer picks line which looks something like "fuck I care, I have something else to do", at which point NPC with explanations, but heavy handedly turns the dialogue to "but thou must" saying "all what you do doesn't matter, you gotta rule kingdom here, this is more important, do IT NOW you idiot".

My first reaction as evil character would be hanging the dude of course. But I doubt game would allow that.
Only if you are roleplaying stupid evil or crazy evil.

ArchAngel

Arcane
There's really no point in buying a game on release if it has a season pass. Better to wait when it's finished and get everything on sale.
Why? Was playing Bg1 without TosSC a really bad experience? I guess someone should have told me to not enjoy that version of BG1..

Doktor Best

Arcane

Eh, why? Youre playing an authoritarian scoundrel lord who doesnt give a rats ass about some plague killing a few peons. You made that perfectly clear and still some lowlife advisor is openly questioning your judgement? Of course you burn that idiot. People might get funny ideas otherwise.

There's really no point in buying a game on release if it has a season pass. Better to wait when it's finished and get everything on sale.
Why? Was playing Bg1 without TosSC a really bad experience? I guess someone should have told me to not enjoy that version of BG1..

That was another era when we had more sparetime and far far less games to spend it on. I wouldnt replay a game unless it really is a 10/10 for me nowadays, which means playing it without the DLCs released means missing out on them.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Basically what Doktor Best said. Also I played BG1 back in the day with the assumption that it wouldn't get an expansion. Had the game been released today and they would have announced that they plan on slapping it with DLC I would've waited for it, too. Time is a bit more limited these days but there's no shortage of game releases that interest me. I have to pick and choose carefully what games I can replay so I'd rather play a game when it's as complete as possible, if possible.

PrettyDeadman

Such rudeness to a ruler would probably be punished by any lawful or neutral character. Only Chaotic Good can probably let it go unpunished.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Such rudeness to a ruler would probably be punished by any lawful or neutral character. Only Chaotic Good can probably let it go unpunished.
Wait, in the dialogue he really says "you idiot?"
Even then unless you are evil stupid or evil crazy you would not kill that person, just remove him from his station. Non evil would probably just reprimand him and lawful characters would consider their past actions as well to see if this was their first such error or if this is a pattern of bad behaviour.
Also it all depends on your history with that advisor and nobody sane kills people (especially if they know them) just for one minor insult

Shadenuat

Arcane
Wait, in the dialogue he really says "you idiot?"
Dialogue states that player character should follow that advice in a way that obviously sounds as, basically, an order.

But that's missing my point.

My point is that dialogue both orders player around AND does the Neverwinter Nights thing, aka choices in it are 1) yes 2) hmm yes 3) fuck you but yes

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

It's not surprising that hardcore RPG fans of all people would do this. Optimize your purchase the same way you optimize your character build!

(The solution is obviously to release all DLC unannounced, ie Witcher-style long term C&C)

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

It's not surprising that hardcore RPG fans of all people would do this. Optimize your purchase the same way you optimize your character build!

(The solution is obviously to release all DLC unannounced, ie Witcher-style long term C&C)

Waiting for the "GOTY edition" does have one other advantage. You tend to get a more polished game.

Especially with all these "janky" (as I believe the kids say) titles.

Tigranes

Arcane
Fuck all the stupid tricks to try and grab my money, all I need is the base game and if it's super good I'm sure some GOTY bundle later will be the cheapest anyway

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom