Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Shadenuat

Arcane
This is why game should have had CORE RULES difficulty ffs. That is what everything should have been scaled on upon.

ArchAngel

Arcane
More like Mite Stone-Thrower is not a basic mite from the book but a beefed up version. It is normal practice in PnP to modify basic monsters with additional monster or class levels and give them better gear or better stats. These also become harder encounters and give more XP.

That's correct and perfectly fine but the automatic tuning is overdoing it. Seeing these stats it's really no wonder the party seems to miss more than they hit no matter what.

Looking at the difficulty option, the only way to get the PnP difficulty is by adjusting a few options. "Normal" will reduce damage and enemy scaling. Too bad the game doesn't say what "Slightly weaker", "Normal" and "Slightly stronger" actually translates to.
It translates to -2, 0 and +2 modifiers to your and their rolls.

Syme

Arbiter
Found on the Steam forums:
2jyubOf.jpg

It seems they added on Hide Armor for +4 AC (the core Mite from the SRD is unarmored), then it gets additional +2 from custom difficulty. The final +3 from Dex (which should be +1 as per raw) is either a bug or much more likely the result of another difficulty setting, increasing all monster attributes by +2 (which would then affect all derived stats such as AC, Saves, BaB, DCs etc)

It would have to be +4 dex for a +2 AC. In any case, AC20 on a mite is just plainly retarded. There's a reason you don't deck out low level fodder in cheap armor/shields, combat just takes forever.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Probably changed because players don't understand whut is RULES?? I want muh easy normal hard

But that actually was a bad idea to leave out idea completely, the concept of "core rules" should be in the game since players don't know what to compare everything with.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I mean fuck I got what I wanted but it's still painful to see game get review bombed where every. single. bad review. starts with "I die to spider swarms --- time played 0.009 hours"

Fairfax

Arcane

To each their own. What I meant is that D&D, in the last version designed by its creator, is phase-based. Later editions are extremely different in both spirit and design, despite the name. +M

What the hell is proper D&D?
AD&D.

AD&D is literally the worst of the bunch and the favorite of balding, neckbearded social rejects. I can get OD&D, I enjoy the retroclones and the simplicity. I can also enjoy 5E for what it is, but AD&D is literally the hellhole of the hobby, possibly moreso than shit like Pathfinder as a pen and paper game.

Andnjord

Arcane
Wizard definitely. If you don't like casters don't have issues with Alignment then go with Paladin. For pure fighter types you have options between Fighter, Ranger, Barbarian & Rogue (you can multiclass among these for fun builds). The game also has archtypes though, which adds more choice and tinkering. Magus is one of my favorite classes in PF, but not a good one for someone new to PF.

Note there are two ways to play Warrior-Mages: Either straight Magus (without Archtype even as the base Magus is superior IMO to any archtype available in this game) or Fighter 1/ Wizard 9/ Eldritch Knight 10. The second option will grant you all the highest level spells in addition to being competent in melee. (though Magus wins in the coolness dept)

Cheers, I have been reading up on https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/ and will probably roll a Magus! Bring me the pain! (I'll play on normal/customised to be as close as possible to what should be Core Rules though :oops:)

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I've killed the Stag Lord and now I've reached the kingdom part ...

:despair:

I don't like it. It's lame. What the fuck !? I need a break.

:betrayed:

deuxhero

Arcane
Does the game come with a pdf manual?
If yes, can somebody upload it :oops:

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Seriously, though, the game does come with a manual but the bloody thing is 150 pages of like 8pt text, walls of it. Don't do this to yourself, just play.
Are you sure? I haven't found any mention of it.

Look under steamapps\common\Pathfinder Kingmaker\OGL\OGL

I was wondering how they complied with the OGL requiring the rules be visible if you aren't WotC. How big is the OGL folder? I wouldn't be surprised if the reason the game is so big is they put that in the most retardedly inefficient file format possible.

Sentinel

Arcane
Does the game come with a pdf manual?
If yes, can somebody upload it :oops:

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Seriously, though, the game does come with a manual but the bloody thing is 150 pages of like 8pt text, walls of it. Don't do this to yourself, just play.
Are you sure? I haven't found any mention of it.

Look under steamapps\common\Pathfinder Kingmaker\OGL\OGL

I was wondering how they complied with the OGL requiring the rules be visible if you aren't WotC. How big is the OGL folder? I wouldn't be surprised if the reason the game is so big is they put that in the most retardedly inefficient file format possible.
1,91MB.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
We hear your comments on the game difficulty and difficulty spikes, and we will take specific steps in addressing those spikes. First of all, the encounter with the wolves is too hard right now even for normal difficulty, so we will be reducing the number of the wolves in the encounter, as it is a part of the tutorial and should not be as harsh. Speaking of random encounters - we will double check our random encounter generation rules once again to be sure that the encounters that are too powerful for your party didn't happen.
We hear a lot of comments about the spider cave Bokken is sending you to. Swarms are difficult, as swarms of tiny creatures are immune to weapon damage in Pathfinder and require special handling with fire, alchemical fire or AoE spells. From hotfix 1.0.2 Bokken will be warning you of those dangers and provide the party with means to handle them at least partially (several alchemical fire flasks). There will also be separate tutorial messages about difficult to notice mechanics on enemies (like damage immunity or damage reduction, regeneration and similar). For story mode and easy difficulties, those qualities of creatures will be turned off (story mode) or reduced (easy).
The first chapter of the game allows you to choose between different objectives, you can start pursuing your rival, or you can start dealing with the bandits. Because of that, you can reach certain boss enemies having different levels and overall power. We will be reviewing encounters in the Temple of the Elk and the Ancient Tomb to be sure their difficulty is suitable for a 2nd level party.
And one last note about the difficulty - there are plenty of difficulty options to choose from, and we really hope that each player can find the difficulty of the game that will be interesting to them. Unfair and Hard difficulties were meant as really difficult challenges, where creatures are much more powerful than player's party (and we will be adding an additional warning for the new players, who want to start the game on those difficulty settings). I know that there are some players who consider modes like this the only viable modes of play, and while respecting that I want to say that we were designing them to be very difficult and require a lot of patience, careful party building and getting accustomed to party abilities and adapting your strategies to that. A lot of encounters there are killing my party when I am playing the game and require at least several tries to change the tactical approach to the encounter. Please keep that in mind.

--Alexander Mishulin,
Pathfinder: Kingmaker Creative Director

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The encounter with the wolves is the one with 3 wolves? A random one? I found that... easy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom