Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Cael making sense? I guess man is a learning machine. "What a piece of work is a man [...], in action how like an angel, in apprehension how like a god!"
I know right? He does makes sense now and then and has really good knowledge about some stuff but it's how the Codex feels in general: You have to dig through a huge pile of shit but you're bound to find gems eventually

MilesBeyond

Cipher
Seriously though, now that "turn based=unsellable" myth has been debunked by XCOM, it is merely cargoculting IE games with these RtwP offerings.

I'm pretty sure it is, yeah, particularly considering how much the interface also cribs from IE games. When games like PoE and Kingmaker literally have the same movement cursor as IE games, it makes it pretty clear that a big part of their motivation is to try and recreate the success of those games.

That being said, RTwP has its advantages. Turn based is hell for huge fights and just annoying when it comes to fights that you can easily win. I still have flashbacks to those damn wolf packs in Fallout. But this game could have been so much better with turn based. Damn Baldur's Gate nostalgia...

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
I only played through the intro with everything set to "normal" or "1", so as Core as possible and I didn't find any fight too hard.
Typical RTwP pre-buffing and targeting affair so far.

I rolled a dwarven battle Crusader of Caden Cailean btw. MAH WARHAMMER FOR YE DRUNKEN GOD

*Btw game is fun, character building etc is awesome and I like the combat as much as possible for RTwP. Of course dialogues and text in general is hilariously crappy, almost feels like a cringy 14 year old wrote stuff

I think a lot of people are playing on the wrong difficulties tbh. (Would have been better for the devs to do harder diff. by changing enemy composition or adding more enemies, plus more rewards instead of bloating crit chances and such)

That being said, normal difficulty appears to be -20 percent enemy damage, so not quite core.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
For anyone who cares, I finally found it: settings are stored in the registry(HKCU/Software/Owlcat Games/Pathfinder Kingmaker) in hex format with a NUL terminator('00')

Settings are broken and don't save properly, supposed to be fixed in the next patch.

honestly, I wish devs would just use a plain text ini for config values. Stop obfuscating shit.

Wich settings don't save properly? Graphics stuff etc or difficulty?

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
That being said, normal difficulty appears to be -20 percent enemy damage, so not quite core.

It's strange how "normal" is actually slightly gimped enemies while the next notch up gives them buffs. You actually have to use the custom settings to play with Core rules. Odd decision there.
Yeah, that's what I did. Zero issues so far.
And yup, I don't really understand why the devs did things this way.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I only played through the intro with everything set to "normal" or "1", so as Core as possible and I didn't find any fight too hard.

I rolled a dwarven battle Crusader of Caden Cailean btw. MAH WARHAMMER FOR YE DRUNKEN GOD

*Btw game is fun, character building etc is awesome and I like the combat as much as possible for RTwP. Of course dialogues and text in general is hilariously crappy, almost feels like a cringy 14 year old wrote stuff

I think a lot of people are playing on the wrong difficulties tbh. (Would have been better for the devs to do harder diff. by changing enemy composition or adding more enemies, plus more rewards instead of bloating crit chances and such)

Yeah I changed that. I set everything to the "normal" setting, so I have a "custom" difficulty in total

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Man, can you imagine the steam review complainers trying to play IWD 1 where you start in that little fishing village and you have, I think, goblins with archers close by? With 1HD chars hahaha
Plus some wolves later... They'd never get past the beginning.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
One good thing about Roxor getting this game is that it will help finish up his Deadfire review. He can just write "not as good as Kingmaker" and call it a day.

Thonius

Arcane
The problem is a lack of manual.... I just dont have idea if claws from DD stack with Unarmed Weapon Spec's - Dragon style etc.
I don't know what is in the game and how it works and what's not. Encyclopedia is useless. They gotta add a LOT of text...

Shadenuat

Arcane
Almost gotchaed by Sseth Merchant's Guild, no thanks even for 500 resource, "until you pay all your orders go through us" yeah fuck you no bye

Persuaded high priest to gib free temple

I am very wary to take an envoy who looks like Olenna Tyrell, but... well, I can deal with a few poisonings, I hope.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
GP7TVQ1.png

Okay, some of this shit is simply clearly bugged.

Suicidal

Arcane
Lol, all the retards on Steam bitching about the difficulty actually made me buy the game. I think I want to experience it in its purest form before the devs inevitably nerf everything into the ground. This better be worth it.

Serus

Arcane
Patron

Yeah I changed that. I set everything to the "normal" setting, so I have a "custom" difficulty in total
Apropos , what's this "death's door" option? I assume it's an addition to make game easier or is it a mechanic from core rules of Pathfinder? It's on on "normal" and off on "challenging" so I'm a bit confused.
Anyone?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The XP gain is really fucked up. The amount should be relevant to the difficutly of the encounter,getting 60ish xp from the bear is like killing 6 centipedes is just retarded. Also i noticed difficulty of some encounters feels really unbelievable. I just mopped the floor with three trolls and a few kobalts,just across them i get wiped by bunch of wolfs. The prone spamming is retarded.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom