Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Codex Year of the Donut
KJgBA1M.png

no idea what this is supposed to mean tbh
fucking fey

archaen

Cipher
Patron
:negative::negative::negative:

Trololololololo
They give the shitty sjw barbarian bitch a whole mission.....and it is the worst one i have seen. It is all about sneaking(she have 2 sneak points from dex ) and not getting detected by enemies that could see you from outside your perception circle. It is just the worst!
Potion of invisibility?

The Old Kiwi

Educated
Sweet Zombie Jesus, it's 30 gb, that's going to take half a day on my connection. When did rpgs became this big? Am I just too old?
I would prefer paying extra for a couple of DVDs over such a huge / slow download! Confoundingly, when I registered on the Owlcat forum, and received approval to join, I was somehow immediately banned before ever writing a first message there! I've never heard of such a thing!

Shadenuat

Arcane
I am really thinking about switching from Hard to Unfair. The tomb with cyclops did have some my chars killed, but otherwise

Kingmaker_2018-10-02_05-46-19-68.png

NEVERMIND WERE BACK IN BUSINESS ILL STICK TO HARD THANKUVERYMUCH

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Making a game funded on BG nostalgia, that everyone wanted and expected to be basically BG3, no wonder it was a mess.
I remember people in here trying to justify it during PoE as "Well Obsidian never actually said they were making a game like the IE games. They just namedropped them repeatedly and let your mind fill in the blanks!" which is enough to send me on a murderous rampage.

Speaking of murderous rampages, I will bitch about the rat cave. PK's got some tough encounters in it absolutely, but things like the floating skull (Not really a demilich, maybe it's some Pathfinder thing?) at the old sycamore which is clearly telegraphed. Bunch of dead adventurers with looks of terror, their camp happily sitting there, all their supplies and items untouched. It's obviously either a trap or a monster that doesn't care about treasure rolled them, so you're fully prepared to realize resting there's a bad idea. And if you do it anyway then you'll get killed, can laugh it off, and leave it alone. The rat cave however is still completely optional (Even moreso than the skull) but it isn't as clearly telegraphed. The fluff piece for the area makes it sound like simple rats, and even though you get a bunch of reasonably high DC traps leading up to the cave itself you don't have any reason to suspect anything too powerful, and then you get 3 wererats gangbanging you, two of them with rogue levels and dual wielding so they can kick off combat with 4 sneak attacks which can instantly gib Valerie on turn 1. Even coming back with a full party at level 5 it's a serious enough encounter it requires strategy and prebuffing to handle without losses. It makes sense thematically (Wererat rogues being sneaky and setting traps should be under the radar and a surprise) and it makes sense in the context of an RPG joke (The toughest encounter in chapter 1 being rats), it's just a mild shame that there's basically no warning at the rape train awaiting you in the cave until it's too late. All that bitching said though I appreciate that it's there because I'd been grinding my teeth since level 3 about wanting to fuck those rats so finally pulling it off and getting all their phat lewt feels really fucking good.
I don't know what the solution to this could be, though. PoE2 literally puts danger levels on locations, which absolutely prevents this kind of thing but hurts exploration and the feeling of discovery. PK doesn't do that, so you can be surprised and find cool stuff, but also I'm not sure ironman mode is actually possible without lots of pre-known information. I suppose the real best way to avoid party wipes might be to allow fleeing such situations but it's not really doable in this system.

Yosharian

Arcane
Is anyone near the end of the game yet? I'm wondering what the best weapons in the game are

Or can you just craft whatever weapons you want and they'll be as good as anything you can find lategame?
Act4 best thing i found was a Greatsword +5, i just found it in my backpack and though WTF!? , i dont even remmber what dropped it....Else weapons dont go beyond +2 most of the time , but some are banes or very nice spell on touch like confusion.
Thanks. I meant stuff like the Holy Avenger or something like that. Stuff you might get in the last third of the game that's OMGWTFBBQ amazing, and best-in-slot, and can't be replicated by crafting.

I'm asking because I'm trying to plan out what to take for Weapon Focus-type feats.

sstacks

Arcane
Sweet Zombie Jesus, it's 30 gb, that's going to take half a day on my connection. When did rpgs became this big? Am I just too old?
I would prefer paying extra for a couple of DVDs over such a huge / slow download! Confoundingly, when I registered on the Owlcat forum, and received approval to join, I was somehow immediately banned before ever writing a first message there! I've never heard of such a thing!

They had some sort of security incident or similar that resulted in a lot of new accounts immediately getting banned as a precaution.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
There is a quest called "Nature of the beast" or something that told me to find the wizard living in a hut... well I went there after a bit and trolls and bandits were raging so I murdered them all, then I went into a building and the wizard was fighting off some trolls and then was like hey thanks go get muh whip and then that's it... the quest log still says I need to meet the wizard

is different one or is shit bugged? hope it won't impact the quest of dealing with the trolls since i havent saved since the end of chapter 1 :negative:

I will say although concept wise PK absolutely takes a steaming shit in Deadfire's mouth. Becoming a motherfucking baron feels so much more badass compared to Sawyer's shitty Lazy Town wannabe pirate adventure. The level of depth by kingdom management in a CRPG compared to Deadfire's fire cannon and jibe simulator is insane.

Codex Year of the Donut
I will say although concept wise PK absolutely takes a steaming shit in Deadfire's mouth. Becoming a motherfucking baron feels so much more badass compared to Sawyer's shitty Lazy Town wannabe pirate adventure. The level of depth by kingdom management in a CRPG compared to Deadfire's fire cannon and jibe simulator is insane.
the ship combat was so underwhelming I can't even believe they used it as a selling point

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
How difficult would soloing be in this game? What could be the best classes to do that?

Unless you can come up with a build that is self-sufficient I don't see soloing as an option at all. Not on any difficulty above super easy.

I've been more-or-less successfully playing Challenging but there are areas and quests I have no hope of doing. Even Smoulderburn, an encounter you can activate at level 2, took me forever to kill. With a level 5-6 party. I'm doing part of Jaethals quest right now and the enemies there, especially those fucking alchemists, wreck my shit left and right. They pass almost all saves, have more HP than 4 fireballs and will happily ignore Valerie to go for my back row instead.

Last edited:

jf8350143

Liturgist
There is a quest called "Nature of the beast" or something that told me to find the wizard living in a hut... well I went there after a bit and trolls and bandits were raging so I murdered them all, then I went into a building and the wizard was fighting off some trolls and then was like hey thanks go get muh whip and then that's it... the quest log still says I need to meet the wizard

is different one or is shit bugged? hope it won't impact the quest of dealing with the trolls since i havent saved since the end of chapter 1 :negative:

It won't stop you finish chapter 2. In my save he gets bashed into pieces by the trolls before I can even talk to him, so I just give his whip to Octavia.

Ruchy

Scholar
Solo might be a tough old slog, I think you could probably do a duo. Just make sure you turn of XP sharing outside of active party members as the only way to survive is to be over levelled.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom