Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
So I have finished Act 3 now and soon afterwards
I get a warning message that people in my barony are having lots of bad luck and that something is happening and I should do something about it. But I got no events, projects, quests or new areas to explore as a result.
I got that message two times already, what am I supposed to do?

EDIT: Also how do you upgrade your villages to towns (I got my capital upgraded to town already).
Did you get a letter from Varnhold yet?
To upgrade your villages you need at least 5 lands annexed and at least 6 buildings in the village you want to upgrade, then you'll get a project called "Upgrade a Village" or something.
I believe it is an event and you could miss it. I had one at the end of a month and no advisors that could do it,you can't even dismiss their current mission and do it. Maybe only the first one is a project and the rest are events. Anyway,it is stupid design.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I get a warning message that people in my barony are having lots of bad luck and that something is happening and I should do something about it. But I got no events, projects, quests or new areas to explore as a result.

EDIT: Also how do you upgrade your villages to towns (I got my capital upgraded to town already).
To upgrade your villages you need at least 5 lands annexed and at least 6 buildings in the village you want to upgrade, then you'll get a project called "Upgrade a Village" or something.
I did get a letter where he said "I am sorry what happened, here are two wands to help you. Come visit at some point". But there is no quest for it, and nothing else. I know what is next act boss and how varnhold fits into the story. I was already planning to go there as a result, but I can imagine how other people would just ignore it or forget about it. Every other main quest was told by Linzi first and then you know about its importance...

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Any difference after upgrading from village to town?

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Octavia is starting to grow on me.
BF55D158A438495327FB41FC7663B639CAF7E5D3

But then she does shit like this:

B62CDD493E4BEABEEDA654F2BABEB3BE3B2C140D

Which meant that ...

I broke the whip! :)
:evilcodex:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
One more thing: Don't do the quests as fast as possible because you will might lose XP.

chapter 2 - you get XP if you ask the witch about the missing kid
chapter 2 - there is a special lizard encounter related to the lizard's village
chapter 2 - you get the whip quest and there is a special Troll encounter if you don't rush to clear the Dwarven Ruins.

I don't know what to say about this. Maybe it's good design or maybe it's bad design.

Edit: Actually I had an almost perfect run until now considering that most quests did trigger like they should.

Truth to be told, I'm paranoid about time. Each time I'm upgrading my capital I make sure that all advisors have something to do. I'm buying Camping Supplies each time I leave my capital and I make sure to cook Galt Ragout when I'm traveling on the map. Also I don't do 2 stats updates one after another: 2 weeks for stat update and 2 weeks for dumb exploring. For longer projects I'm using Jhod.

I have to say that the game experience is much more coherent like this. Most of the time, all my events are resolved and I'm not drowning in events and projects.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Octavia is starting to grow on me.
BF55D158A438495327FB41FC7663B639CAF7E5D3

But then she does shit like this:

B62CDD493E4BEABEEDA654F2BABEB3BE3B2C140D

Which meant that ...

I broke the whip! :)
:evilcodex:
:whatho:
That is why i couldn't finish the stupid quest!!! Really hate those retarded companions that do shit without any imput from the player. First time is see such stupid shit,fucking sjw retards. Hope Putin throws them in his medved pit!!! Easter European cuck liberals are the worst scum in existence!!! Thank god that they are very few.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
That is why i couldn't finish the stupid quest!!! Really hate those retarded companions that do shit without any imput from the player. First time is see such stupid shit,fucking sjw retards. Hope Putin throws them in his medved pit!!! Easter European cuck liberals are the worst scum in existence!!! Thank god that they are very few.

It's not automatically broken and you can choose between giving her the whip for hot sex with Reg, keep it for yourself, keep it for Delgado or breaking it.

Most likely you could not finish the quest because you rushed the Dwarven Ruins.

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Jesus Christ I've just realized that I have 175 hours in the game according to Steam :) The only other RPG I've played so much is Underrail with 233 hours.

1st run was the longest - like 85 hours - and I've reached the Chapter 4 (I think) but I gave up because the game was a mess at that point. Also I was forced to play on Easy cause I've fucked up my Barbarian build. Then I had another retarded Barbarian run, 2 Two-Handed fighter runs which ended after the Season of Bloom. Also I had a couple of test runs until Stag Lord and countless hours spent in the Character screen + probably like 10 hours spent idling (I forgot to close the game). So, basically this is my 5th run and it was the most optimized one because I've learned every trick by now.

Just FYI, after finishing the Dwarven Ruins my save game says 13:53 spent on the run but I would easily add another 4 hours for loading shit + 3 hours for a non-optimized run. This means that Prologue + Stag Lord + Troll Invasion take between 15-20 hours for most people (at least).

This game is huge ... INCLINE

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane

I did get a letter where he said "I am sorry what happened, here are two wands to help you. Come visit at some point". But there is no quest for it, and nothing else. I know what is next act boss and how varnhold fits into the story. I was already planning to go there as a result, but I can imagine how other people would just ignore it or forget about it. Every other main quest was told by Linzi first and then you know about its importance...
And I went to Varhold, talked to people and went back. Nothing is happening atm. I don't know if it is safe to progress time now or if I will get a sudden game over or something :D

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
toro how do you get the whip-quest then? I must've missed it as I've already cleared season of the bloom.

:rage:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
toro how do you get the whip-quest then? I must've missed it as I've already cleared season of the bloom.

:rage:

I don't know what is the obsession with the whip but there you go:

- kill Stag Lord,
- upgrade/explore until Troll Invasion chapter starts and 2 locations are triggered: Jubilost's cart and the Ruined Tower,
- resolve Jubilost first (recommended) and then solve the Ruined Tower which will give you Ekundayo,
- Ekundayo will tell you about 3 places where one of them will be Delgado's Lone House,
- take Octavia with you and go visit Delgado,
- buy a weight purse from him (recommended) and order him to release Dimwit,
- Octavia will argue with you if you don't release Dimwit but you can do it without her as well,
- afterwards do some shit on the map but DON'T GO for the Dwarven Ruins,
- in fact go to the capital and upgrade some capital stat (spend 2 weeks at least),
- at some point you will get an urgent message from Delgado,
- now you can go to him and find him under assault from Dimwit and 2 more Trolls,
- kill them, save him and he will give you the Whip quest and the Trolls HQ location,
- you will not get the quest if he dies,
- make sure you have Harrim, Jubilost and Ekundayo with you then you can go to the Dwarven Ruins,
- kill Tartuk/Hargulka and you will be able to find the Whip on the second level,
- now you can have hot sex with Reg and Octavia using an Evil Whip.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Ah, now I know why I didn't get it,
I left the troll rot and went to the ruins quickly
Do you still get the wizard as advisor?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Not if you free Dimwit.

In my run he is already gone because I've broken the whip.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA

Not if you free Dimwit.

In my run he is already gone because I've broken the whip.

Looks like I made the right choice then, if you cant get him as an advisor even if you give him the whip.

Ibbz

Augur
Alright so I don't think many or anyone in this thread has gotten to this point in the game, but to clarify your kindom stats have nothing to do with the lantern kings curse %. It starts at -80%, and by using the portal at the north of your camp you can teleport to the different main areas of your kingdom and free them, dropping the curse by 20% for each. Each time you do this you also get some more of the npc's that you helped throughout the game joining for the final battle. Unfortunately at this point the game stops as I can only access 3/5 areas before the portal becomes bugged, and sallying forth for the final battle dosn't work as that door is bugged as well.

Basically, it's extremely punishing for everybody on purpose. You're supposed to do specific things to make it less punishing.

I've had the same issue as well - my most recent saves will also no longer load, emailed / reported it to Owlcat with the logs & saves. Also regarding setting the Kingdom to auto, not sure about anyone else, but by the end the whole kingdom management became pretty tedious for me. In the last chapter, I'd completed all the quests and was left with continually having to assign advisors to problems / opportunities combined with waiting for loading screens to deal with issues in the throne room just to burn down the days until the final curse kicked off. I'll set it to auto when I finally replay the game.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't know what is the obsession with the whip but there you go:

- kill Stag Lord,
- upgrade/explore until Troll Invasion chapter starts and 2 locations are triggered: Jubilost's cart and the Ruined Tower,
- resolve Jubilost first (recommended) and then solve the Ruined Tower which will give you Ekundayo,
- Ekundayo will tell you about 3 places where one of them will be Delgado's Lone House,
- take Octavia with you and go visit Delgado,
- buy a weight purse from him (recommended) and order him to release Dimwit,
- Octavia will argue with you if you don't release Dimwit but you can do it without her as well,
- afterwards do some shit on the map but DON'T GO for the Dwarven Ruins,
- in fact go to the capital and upgrade some capital stat (spend 2 weeks at least),
- at some point you will get an urgent message from Delgado,
- now you can go to him and find him under assault from Dimwit and 2 more Trolls,
- kill them, save him and he will give you the Whip quest and the Trolls HQ location,
- you will not get the quest if he dies,
- make sure you have Harrim, Jubilost and Ekundayo with you then you can go to the Dwarven Ruins,
- kill Tartuk/Hargulka and you will be able to find the Whip on the second level,
- now you can have hot sex with Reg and Octavia using an Evil Whip.

in my first time I did those first 4 things and when I went to the lone house it bandits fighting trolls and what not from the urgent message.. not even sure if I received a message or not.. I wonder if there is a hidden timer.

Incendax

Augur
Physical Prowess? What the fuck is that?
Also what the fuck is a 'polymorph' bonus? All you should get is a size bonus...
Physical Prowess = Feat that Animal Companions automatically get as they level up.
Polymorph Bonus =Stats bonus you get for changing shape, like if a Druid becomes a Wolf.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Anyone have any idea what this modal is on Valerie? The description is blank and I can't find anything with the same icon on her character sheet. Is it maybe Dreadful Carnage?
https://imgur.com/a/lNVwwB3

Last edited:

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Had to put the game down at the end of chapter one, because choosing the wrong adviser can bug your game into an unwinnable state 40 hours later.

:decline:
Why, because you can't fix
Lander's sabotage?
They fixed the project that lets you undo that in the last hotfix, I think.

Gregz

Arcane
Had to put the game down at the end of chapter one, because choosing the wrong adviser can bug your game into an unwinnable state 40 hours later.

Why, because you can't fix
Lander's sabotage?
They fixed the project that lets you undo that in the last hotfix, I think.

Yeah, I'm seeing posts from just yesterday post-patch where this is still an issue.

sser

Arcane
Developer

Dammit, I just got to the Char Creator :salute:

Well while the bugs get squashed out, how are Monks in this game? Can you go full on Kung Fu on people? I'm not familiar with Pathfinder at all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom