Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I just got a Community-warnig on STEAM for saying '...Get the F outta here with your magic...'. Since I know moderator 'Lovegun' reads the Codex let me just say - if you are responsible for that bullshit: Blow Me, go moderarte resetera.

On Topic: Has someone experimented with light armour + high hitpoints + 'Nimble' builds? Are they viable? I hope we don't see them in the frontline, tbh.

jungl

Augur
quite few bugs I seen so far. Destroy 3 skull bandit camp that spawned in weak bandits clearly not supposed to fight. Siege contract intercept army have the siege group help me and win the fight. Says it was a complete disaster.

Murk

Arcane
I still get a weird delay when leaving a town, like 2-3 seconds of it delaying before I'm back on world map -- even after the last patch.

Unfortunate but not game breaking, but it definitely wasn't there before.

Also, loving the DLC -- only got about 8 hours in it since I'm also playing Mechanicus, but is good stuff.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
20181203202959_1u0esg.jpg

Is there anything the people of the Battle Brothers world won't hump?

Jabber

Educated
Lost my second e/e/i run to a nighttime noble ambush in the forest with 28 troops, zweihanders, at least one knight, the works.

My fault for being careless but ouch. Day 120.

Other than a small handful of deaths here and there, the only big disasters were an early fight against 6 necros + about a dozen auxes that nearly wiped the party. Recovered from that and proceeded to have two more bad fights against schrats later on that each killed a few high quality bros.

I'm not sure I could have cleared the map by day 365 still, but possibly. I had very good archers, including one that started at 58 with two stars and got a +1 event. I'll miss him. Other than that didn't have much luck with recruits.

Unholds seem like they are at the right level of strength and are pretty easily manageable in smallish numbers for a day 100 band. Schrat seem... less manageable than that.

RIP Fancier Lads. Long Live the Fanciest Lads!

Tigranes

Arcane
So this is a noob question, but for some reason I've enjoyed playing BB for dozens of hours in a completely unoptimised 'go with the flow' way. What are people's favoured strategies for necromancers in the early game?

The obvious path is to snipe the necro, but I usually find that they are so far behind, and with a bodyguard to give them cover, so early level archers usually don't have the range/accuracy to do it efficiently. Maybe if you have a ~60 skill Bullseye archer with a second tier bow, which is not guaranteed early game depending on your start.

That means I usually end up just advancing slowly as a group, smashing the undead as fast as possible, and having a strong bro make a beeline for the necro once there's an opening. That works when the group is fairly strong relative to the undead, but if you're facing, say, a dozen mostly armoured wiedergangers and your dudes are level 2-4, it's a bit trickier.

Relatedly, I'm curious as to the rules for zombie resurrection. We know that normally, sitting on zombies' corpses is a reliable way to prevent their raising, just like you stand on dead nachzehrers so they don't get eaten. But when necros are in play that seems to go out the window, and I'm not sure what exactly the rule is. We know the necro can use his turn to evil-eyes a zombie & also raise one, but at the start of every round where a necro is alive, you seem to get anywhere between 0 and 3 raises, even of the ones you're sitting on. Is it just random no-limits raising as long as the necro is alive?

sser

Arcane
Developer
So this is a noob question, but for some reason I've enjoyed playing BB for dozens of hours in a completely unoptimised 'go with the flow' way. What are people's favoured strategies for necromancers in the early game?

The obvious path is to snipe the necro, but I usually find that they are so far behind, and with a bodyguard to give them cover, so early level archers usually don't have the range/accuracy to do it efficiently. Maybe if you have a ~60 skill Bullseye archer with a second tier bow, which is not guaranteed early game depending on your start.

That means I usually end up just advancing slowly as a group, smashing the undead as fast as possible, and having a strong bro make a beeline for the necro once there's an opening. That works when the group is fairly strong relative to the undead, but if you're facing, say, a dozen mostly armoured wiedergangers and your dudes are level 2-4, it's a bit trickier.

Relatedly, I'm curious as to the rules for zombie resurrection. We know that normally, sitting on zombies' corpses is a reliable way to prevent their raising, just like you stand on dead nachzehrers so they don't get eaten. But when necros are in play that seems to go out the window, and I'm not sure what exactly the rule is. We know the necro can use his turn to evil-eyes a zombie & also raise one, but at the start of every round where a necro is alive, you seem to get anywhere between 0 and 3 raises, even of the ones you're sitting on. Is it just random no-limits raising as long as the necro is alive?

Beheaded characters or ones whose heads have been stoved in cannot be raised as undead. Makes cleavers/machetes/maces pretty good vs. zombies.

I use snipers and flankers + dogs to take care of necromancers.

AMG

Arbiter
Standing on zombies doesn't prevent them from raising, with or without necro.

Beheaded characters or ones whose heads have been stoved in cannot be raised as undead.
Aside from Fallen Heroes, they can be resurrected forever.

Unwanted

Soulstones

Unwanted
advancing slowly as a group, smashing the undead as fast as possible
Zombos raise once by themselves.
Depends how early, but you better fall back into map wall instead of running into the horde. Let the spear wall work.
SMWu6wV.jpg

Guy with blue shield spearwalled 13 times in a turn. He has mastery, but zombos didnt come close till the ghosts paniced him.
Just have to be careful, even 75 resolve sarge could not stop the panic...

Unwanted

Soulstones

Unwanted
The prices for late game midgame mercs are still retarded. You pay 4k for a sellsword that is worse, in stats, level, stars, perks than the militiaman you payed 500 coin earlygame for... .. .
But you get his super great fucking helmet...

Murk

Arcane
Well, yeah they'll be worse in level, but their stats can easily far surpass any of the lower tier backgrounds.

Sellswords and Hedgeknights have great bonuses.

Reinhardt

Arcane
18 bros mod is ready for expansion? I want to rp. 3 starting bros are fucking white males and were in a company from the start. But now we need to be diverse so we will hire only women and minorities until limit. Only cripples, trannieseunuchs, beggars, vagabonds, thieves and killers on the run. Also no firing people - dat's racist.

And i want mod where you pay to women only 0.7 geld for every 1 geld you pay to men.

Reinhardt

Arcane
To finish 20 bros ambition i hired bunch of cheapest mercs. Only one requirement - ask for 150 geld or less(better less).
v5ybzr.jpg

sy5jeb.jpg

Tigranes

Arcane
Day 45 and found my first Unhold, it was alone with a single Hexen, so I thought I'd try it out.

As it turned out, two wardogs were enough to keep the Unhold distracted for about 4 turns until I could completely surround it - and then in lockstep everyone moved in. That's something like 20+ attacks in a single round, so it wasn't going to make it through.

I can imagine it's a lot more troublesome if it's accompanied by other troops, but they're meant to be pretty solitary, right?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom