Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Murk

Arcane
Oh I see, thanks Agesilaus -- I am playing on Ironman. I'll keep that in mind, but knowing it's a save function happening actually makes me okay with the delay -- previously I thought it was lag for no reason, but knowing it's doing something is fine with me.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Anyone know what effect attachments to armor give? Like +15 durability. What is durability? It is armor? I.e. you get 200 armor from chainmail and on top it gives +15 making it 215?

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Oh I see, thanks Agesilaus -- I am playing on Ironman. I'll keep that in mind, but knowing it's a save function happening actually makes me okay with the delay -- previously I thought it was lag for no reason, but knowing it's doing something is fine with me.

Why?

I saw so many crazy rolls, like enemy rolling 98 and then 95 to hit in 2 attacks with 5% chance only (in process killing tank since it was berserker chain).

Or 3 attack with 90% chance to hit all missing.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Anyone know what effect attachments to armor give? Like +15 durability. What is durability? It is armor? I.e. you get 200 armor from chainmail and on top it gives +15 making it 215?
Yes. Durability refers to the armour level; so putting a +15 attachment on a 200-armour suit will give you 215 armour. You'll notice there are other effects, too; some items also increase fatigue, and I got a wolf-pelt attachment that increased resolve.

Murk

Arcane
Why what? Dealing with the delay or choosing to play Ironman?

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Why?

I saw so many crazy rolls, like enemy rolling 98 and then 95 to hit in 2 attacks with 5% chance only (in process killing tank since it was berserker chain).

Or 3 attack with 90% chance to hit all missing.

If you're familiar with the game, ironman is the best mode. Bullshit rolls can hurt or help you, but their impact is limited outside of the very early game. It is more important that you have a good understanding of your limits, which tactics to employ against which enemies, and a willingness to retreat when things look dicey.

Murk

Arcane
Also if you allow yourself to engage in save+reload, the repetition and safety of the game becomes boring. Ironman always has the possibility of "oh shit" which in a game that ultimately has no end other than self selected retirement, is a welcome factor.

Unwanted

Soulstones

Unwanted
The patch fixed the drought of shit tier hireling early on. I think. I now see a lot of cheap hands, what you used to see in the basegame.

Well, yeah they'll be worse in level, but their stats can easily far surpass any of the lower tier backgrounds.
Sellswords and Hedgeknights have great bonuses.
Thats obvious that they have higher base stats. Thats not the point.

Six thousand seven hundred blood soaked coins
oZ8iGfq.png

X7ZsXX7.png

Whats the difference at level 10?
All I got is mail that an ork obliterates in a single axe hit and kewl helmet (its shit, I have more of them), oh and 3 levels! What a bargain! Could have bought 2 actual endgame frontline armors.

Hiring expensive soldiers in this game is broken. The perk preview is a sad joke.
If I hire a 2k merc and he is shit, I reload.

-edit-
Oh and 47 coins upkeep.........................................................................................

Murk

Arcane
I don't get your complain. At level 10 or a level 1, assuming RNG doesn't fuck one and bless the other, the more expensive merc/knight background unit will have higher stats; stats that can only increase by 1 (eventually). If you survive long enough, you'll have so much gold that you won't care that they cost 2k instead of 100 to get. Nevermind that gear cost also matters as they sometimes have good gear (greatsword etc.)

Once you have enough gold, you can afford to pay a premium for stats, especially when you get a good enough roster.

There's always RNG, so yeah you could end up with a brawler who ends up being a total beast and a hedgeknight who sucks ass, but the point of the background isn't to guarantee but to shift things to be more likely.

Or fuck it, do whatever you want, you're the one playing your game.

Geckabor

Savant
Ironman greatly increases my enjoyment with the game, particularly when overcoming hurdles I didn't manage before. Loving the expansion so far, my only complaint would be that the "exploration missions" aren't very satisfying and I get paid very little for them, considering the amount of days I sometimes need to waste to find the locations.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Tried DinduNufin seed again in new vervion just to see difference...

qrzta9.jpg

Greens have 6 settlements and third house... 1

Maybe we should join forces with underdogs and conquer the world.

Prime Junta

I had a pretty decent campaign start, getting to level 5-6 and just out of shit-tier armour and weapons.

Then one night on the road I get jumped by six necrosavants.

Two survivors.

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
The patch fixed the drought of shit tier hireling early on. I think. I now see a lot of cheap hands, what you used to see in the basegame.

Well, yeah they'll be worse in level, but their stats can easily far surpass any of the lower tier backgrounds.
Sellswords and Hedgeknights have great bonuses.
Thats obvious that they have higher base stats. Thats not the point.

Six thousand seven hundred blood soaked coins
oZ8iGfq.png

X7ZsXX7.png

Whats the difference at level 10?
All I got is mail that an ork obliterates in a single axe hit and kewl helmet (its shit, I have more of them), oh and 3 levels! What a bargain! Could have bought 2 actual endgame frontline armors.

Hiring expensive soldiers in this game is broken. The perk preview is a sad joke.
If I hire a 2k merc and he is shit, I reload.

-edit-
Oh and 47 coins upkeep.........................................................................................
5 more HP
9 more Resolve
(Is that 'naked' fatigue? That wouldn't be great.)
13 (!) more M Att
9 (!) more M Def

Yeah, seems about right.

Savescum if you want to though.

Last edited:

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I had a pretty decent campaign start, getting to level 5-6 and just out of shit-tier armour and weapons.

Two survivors.
Necrosavants in early mid game, especially if they jump you, are my nightmare since day 1. It almost makes me feel helpless... at least with all others you can do something before they cut up your first guy

vazha

Arcane
I cannot be the one who kited lindwurms to a large orc camp halfway across the map ♡♡ lost my cultist three star melee att def guy, got two uiques

Last edited:

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
I haven't met any schrats yet. Do they have any annoying mechanics, or is it just like a super strong melee fighter?

ok.. reading this post i realised that two froggy animals and one Hex that killed my group was those Unholds...
the middle one
unhold_variants.jpg

Yep, it was the middle one that attacked me, too. I survived, but had there been 2 it would have been game over/retreat.

Two survivors.
Necrosavants in early mid game, especially if they jump you, are my nightmare since day 1. It almost makes me feel helpless... at least with all others you can do something before they cut up your first guy

If memory serves, the nets dominate them, right? I feel like a big part of this game is having the proper equipment/options. Necrosavants are annoying because fleeing is not really a viable option unless you're willing to lose a number of guys.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Update 1.2.0.19
Battle Brothers - rapsdjff

10377f6038cbfa77aa3b8b0e1cdd078de41641b7.jpg

Another update to address issues that you guys reported.

There's likely to be some balance adjustments over the coming weeks, but we'll wait until everything has settled a bit and people have learned to deal with the new opponents using all the many new tools available.

Changelog for 1.2.0.19
  • Changed 'A Pact with Witches' contract to be slightly easier.
  • Changed rewards in 'Big Game Hunt' contract to be a bit higher for bigger beasts.
  • Fixed training hall effects not lasting for the correct amount of battles.
  • Fixed two-handed weapons potentially disappearing from bags for a charmed character.
  • Fixed issue with 'Break Siege' contract.
  • Fixed 'Hunting Lindwurms' and 'Big Game Hunt' contract sometimes changing their skull rating when opening negotiations.
  • Fixed characters dying from a hex not showing up in obituary.
  • Fixed issue with ambitions not triggering.
  • Fixed various minor issues.

Parabalus

Arcane
Got the master bow crafted even from a bowyer bow for the first time ever :bounce:.

Immediately afterwards I proc a bounty hunter (after bandit leader head) event and the above bro gets destroyed.

Still worth it :positive:.

Reinhardt

Arcane
At least in their case armor protects. Trees don't need to undress you before rape. It's like that scene from Evil Dead.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom