Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SpellForce 3 Reforced + Soul Harvest & Fallen God standalone expansions

I've reinstalled the game but unfortunately I'm getting incessant CTDs. I don't remember it being this bad last year when it got released, which is when I played. Has anyone else here played with the latest patch (1.39)?

edit: a fresh, clean install of video drivers did the trick. Fucking nVidia and their bloatware.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
My dick is so hard that it breaks the bureau. I already replayed the game once while waiting for the patchmaker to come out of alpha. Really do hope that the writer is on this one,the best writing i have seen in years.

Parabalus

Arcane
This really should be in the RPGs section. It has character builds, C&C, artifact forging and a great story.

Parabalus

Arcane
Dumpsterfire is also a commercial failure and it gets the RPG subforum.

GIA4Knx.png

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
"This game was a commercial failure because it was in the wrong subforum on the RPG Codex" is an amusing new meme.
That's not really what I meant. I think the reason as to why it was underrated on Codex in particular is because it was hidden away in a place that way less people check and if more people were aware of the release it could potentially have seen a much more popular thread.

Parabalus

Arcane
ETA

source:

https://www.facebook.com/SpellForce/ said:
Three years after the Purity Wars, Nortander is on the cusp of a new era. However, things aren't as peaceful as they seem - when the Queen calls you, a disgraced General, back to your homeland, you're plunged in a war on many fronts: While a hatemonger threatens to tear apart the Dwarven realm, an enigmatic cult of Dark Elves harvests the souls of people for reasons unknown. Gather your allies and prevent a catastrophe!

SpellForce 3: Soul Harvest will feature two new playable races - the Dark Elves and the Dwarves - as well as a new, 20-hour long campaign, new abilities and skill trees, flying units and an overhauled UI! Soul Harvest is due in Q2 2019 and will be available as a standalone addon on PC.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
"This game was a commercial failure because it was in the wrong subforum on the RPG Codex" is an amusing new meme.

But okay, moved.
Nobody said that infi,we are butthurt that it didn't got the deserved attention on the codex as one of the good RPGs that year. Also congrats on your 74,000 post being about Spellforce,it must be a sign from Jehovah. Mend your ways while you still can.

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's 100% more of an RPG than something like Thronebreaker tbh. Though I do think people had plenty of opportunity to notice the game since it made top 10 in the GOTY poll last year.

They really should have just said fuck it and made it a full on RPG, the RTS part is shit anyway.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

https://steamcommunity.com/games/311290/announcements/detail/3409686392286344193

SpellForce 3 Soul Harvest announced!

Hammer, Axe and Keg o’Beer – get ready to celebrate: Dwarves are coming to SpellForce 3!

Yeah, and Dark Elves … stand-alone expansion Soul Harvest announced with two new races

Vienna, Austria and Munich, Germany, December 18th, 2018 – The most magnificent of all fantasy races is now ready to march on it’s short legs into the world of Eo: With the new expansion Soul Harvest, RTS/RPG SpellForce 3 expands it’s roster of races to five. In the shadow of the glorious dwarvish armies, the Dark Elves are also coming to the game.

Sending the player on a full new epic campaign with over 20 hours of gameplay, Soul Harvest has even more features – all five factions will gain new units, flying units! Also there are new game modes and some of the game’s core systems has been completely overhauled, as the sector-based resource system for example.

Following it's ingame announcement on December 17th - the first time ever, a game was announced in a game, as far as we know - Soul Harvest is due in Q2 2019 and will be available as a stand-alone expansion on PC. So you can chose to have the full SpellForce-III-Experience or to focus on Dwarves & Dark Elves instead. More details about the special discount for existing SpellForce-owners, the new units and some of the new game modes coming soon.

Watch the Announcement Trailer:

Features:
• Build your distinct heroes by a deep skilltree
• Lead your army to victory in a new sector-based RTS system
• Use unique mechanics of your army units to win epic battles
• Use flying units for even more advance tactics
• Epic fantasy soundtrack and bleeding edge top down graphics

Multiplayer Features:
• Each faction has three unique heroes that compliment individual play styles
• A modern multiplayer lobby will allow easier matchmaking and ranked play
• Play new game modes for a special challenge
• Create your own maps with the powerful modding tools.

New features compared to SpellForce 3:
• All-New Campaign: Featuring new storyline with over 20 hours of content
• All-New abilities and skilltrees for even more diverse heroes
• All-New RTS Gameplay: Sector-based system with a focus on global resource distribution and unique faction mechanic
• Unique mechanics and unique unit kits make the races feel very diverse and offer replay-value in the campaign
• Flying units allow more tactical elements
• New factions: Dwarves and Dark Elves
• Overhauled UI makes the game more pleasant to look at and more readable

Stay tuned!
Your THQ Nordic Team

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Do you have a persistent character ? If he dies is it over?
Yes, you have a persistent character. Multiple ones, actually.
When you die, you respawn at certain buildings. In theory, the respawns are limited in number, but during RTS phases, you can recharge them easily. In practice, I don't think I was ever close to running out of charges.
I think you can have up to six charges and each time any of your characters die (of which you control four), one charge is lost.

So you could run out of those charges if you send your characters continually to the slaughter, but why would you do that?

Hobo Elf

Arcane
SF3, along with ELEX, were the best games of 2017. Glad to see this finally get an expansion like they hinted. Seems like they are making it a standalone because they are changing gameplay systems. Looking forward to that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom