Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Preemptive setup of false expectations. Very evil of him.

drgames

Scholar
1) MCA misleads players about gameworld size
2) players will be upset upon release, which will result in a bad press
3) bad press and word of mouth will affect sales
4) microsoft will be angry, feargus might get the boot
5) ???
6) profit

MCA is playing multi-universe 9-D chess.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
He probably wants some of those Microsoft Bux.
dollars.png

Asskissing his way back into good graces.

Zep--

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Its either he is being a playful 12 years old or he is being a sarcastic 12 years old at Obsidian

Either way :lol:

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
i can't differentiate between sarcasm or he is legit excited :s

It's pure sarcasm in those tweets, fairly obvious.

Of course he's also probably looking forward to the game as well but I doubt he's as excited as your average gamer.
It seems to me that most longtime working devs/writers in the industry don't really play games all that much aside from some quick casual stuff on occassion.

passerby

Arcane
MCA was giving advice to never talk shit about former employer, or coworkers since the industry is surprisingly small and connected and being problematic will get you blacklisted.

It seems to me that he is no longer interested in working in the industry beyond being a human stretch goal for indie kickstarters.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
MCA was giving advice to never talk shit about former employer, or coworkers since the industry is surprisingly small and connected and being problematic will get you blacklisted.

It seems to me that he is no longer interested in working in the industry beyond being a human stertch goal for indie kickstarters.
He found out that there are countries eastward from merica. The industry is small if you just stay in the circle jerk California.

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
the industry is surprisingly small and connected and being problematic will get you blacklisted.
If loyalty is universally valued more than talent and professionalism, your whole industry is on its way to trash bin... or already there.

A horse of course

Interesting how quickly Obsidiots towed the party line on MCA, having spent years sycophantically tongue-bathing his balls, or how Obshitian's hallowed independence from evil backstabbing money-grubbing publishers is no longer de rigueur because all that corporate lucre will finally free the company from dirty unwashed Kickstarter backers and allow them to realize their creative ambitions with a proper AAA budget. I applaud you lads for your commitment to the company and unimpeachable loyalty to Feargus.
aL4H3C7.jpg

Duraframe300

Arcane
Interesting how quickly Obsidiots towed the party line on MCA, having spent years sycophantically tongue-bathing his balls, or how Obshitian's hallowed independence from evil backstabbing money-grubbing publishers is no longer de rigueur because all that corporate lucre will finally free the company from dirty unwashed Kickstarter backers and allow them to realize their creative ambitions with a proper AAA budget. I applaud you lads for your commitment to the company and unimpeachable loyalty to Feargus.

Eh, I lost my Obsidian fanboyism a while ago and honestly do think Feargus is shady. I do have some hope in Tim/Leonard for this game. Anyway, all that doesn't stop these tweets from being over the top/out of touch with whats being actually said. I mean he could have made fun of the focus on the companions, the flaw system, the art style , the non-existant space travel and the setting easily. And yet he chose to shitpost randomly.

That's why I don't really get the intention behind the tweets.

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
how Obshitian's hallowed independence from evil backstabbing money-grubbing publishers is no longer de rigueur
It feels good to test the limits of edginess but who are you going to impress with this sort of rhetoric here?

Emotions aside, it's just a fact of reality that M$ has bought both Obsidian and inXile. I didn't read the entire thread about the acquisitions but the replies I saw were mostly sarcastic and negative. However there's very little the Codex could possibly do. If your post is a call to boycott all their future games out of principle - well, it's a healthy position but good luck persuading everybody.

Both companies had their flaws. Some loved their games and some hated them (but I'd rather avoid yet another round of PoE holy war). Personally, I just wonder who will pick up the torch. Because the niche previously populated by inXile and Obsidian now suddenly stands empty.

My prediction is that the void will be filled - perhaps not instantly, but soon enough.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom