Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elder Scrolls The Elder Scrolls VI - officially announced but you'll have to wait

Guess the Province/Location

• Hammerfell

• High Rock

• Valenwood

• Elsweyr

• Black Marsh

• Summerset Isle

• Daggerfall

• Akavir (kingcomrade)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Deleted Member 16721

Who cares what it looks like. It's the gameplay and rpg elements that matter. I wouldn't care if it looked like Morrowind.

That look at what they're doing with this graphically in that anniversary video just makes me wonder how that's going to run in their shitty engine. They did say Starfield and this would both still be running in the same old engine, (albeit updated) unless that's changed since November or whenever that was.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
How long till TESVI?
2025, considering the fact that starfield (which should be released at least 4 years before TES6) won't be present on E3 this year.

Bethesda have bulked up I believe, so even though they're both being made by the "main team" I'm sure a lot of parallel development is going on. I'd suspect they'll be 2ish years apart, not 4.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
It won't be worth playing for at least 2 or 3 years after it's released, it's gonna take that long just to get rape mods and horse vaginas.

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
First will be Starfield, space shooter with rpg elements in future Fallout universe and it is planned to release in 2021, and later TES VI [and later means 2023-2024 ] so farewell ES for some years.

Last edited:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
If you think we will still have offline AAA games in 2025, you are pretty cute.

TES would never work as a multiplayer game, and if it went MP, it would tank due to fanbase, so if they want to have Skyrim level sales, they will not go MP

curry

Arcane
My expectations are fairly low so I'll be satisfied if it's basically a Fallout 4 in Elder Scrolls setting. I think we can all agree that this isn't the cRPG that we're waiting for.

Stayin with same engine means easy way to mod for already large fanbase but on the other hand, current engine [as for F4 ] is buggy and very limited which is easily seen in more complicated mods., or the way vanilla game works alone.
It will be better that Beth introduce new engine with even simpler modding plus less bottlenecks for scripting .
Not to mention redesign quests and npc to make them more advanced and more rpg like.
Dialogues are too simplified in both Skyrim and F4 , especially in the last one and provides enough reason to feel like playing generic mmo.
What is more funny, even ESO have better storyline now than both Skyrim and F4, i recently bought maxi ESO collection with all DLCs and Expansions out of curiosity and whoa , it is much better than WOW which i play for few years or many single player crpg released in last years.
Maybe it's time for Bethesda to stay with Lore side of ES and focus on engine while let other, more passionate and talented studios to create story, npcs, quests and design the game worlds. Both series [Fallout and especially Elder Scrolls deserves that] . Last Bethesda crpgs are too simple, too much casual oriented and with dumbed down depth.
Enough talking, facts are here and TESO have much better single player storyline than both Oblivion and Skyrim, and more interesting quests included plus ability to play together with other ES nerds is quite odd. I never think i would praise mmorpg over single crpg but holly potato it really does its job here in ESO.

Last edited:

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
Stayin with same engine means easy way to mod for already large fanbase but on the other hand, current engine [as for F4 ] is buggy and very limited which is easily seen in more complicated mods., or the way vanilla game works alone.
It will be better that Beth introduce new engine with even simpler modding plus less bottlenecks for scripting .
Not to mention redesign quests and npc to make them more advanced and more rpg like.
Dialogues are too simplified in both Skyrim and F4 , especially in the last one and provides enough reason to feel like playing generic mmo.
What is more funny, even ESO have better storyline now than both Skyrim and F4, i recently bought maxi ESO collection with all DLCs and Expansions out of curiosity and whoa , it is much better than WOW which i play for few years or many single player crpg released in last years.
Maybe it's time for Bethesda to stay with Lore side of ES and focus on engine while let other, more passionate and talented studios to create story, npcs, quests and design the game worlds. Both series [Fallout and especially Elder Scrolls deserves that] . Last Bethesda crpgs are too simple, too much casual oriented and with dumbed down depth.
Enough talking, facts are here and TESO have much better single player storyline than both Oblivion and Skyrim, and more interesting quests included plus ability to play together with other ES nerds is quite odd. I never think i would praise mmorpg over single crpg but holly potato it really does its job here in ESO.
They won't do that. Bethesda is incredibly lazy. You can see it in how they've approached every title post morrowind. It's why in fallout 76 and Fallout 4 you can see references to morrowind, because they never bothered to clean up that code or messages for what each piece of code does, some of which, IIRC, mention morrowind because they were made in morrowind days, and never updated or changed for the next games. It's why guns are just spells, modified to work similar to guns, moreso in fallout 3, before I.D helped them fix their gunplay in 4. It's why every new iteration of skyrim has the same bugs, because they don't bother to fix the shit thats been known and catalogued forever, and fixed by modders for pc, instead opting to simply port the game to the new console and be done with it. It's why when fallout 76 came out and people with wide monitors had issues, bethesda opted for an ini change, that modders did for pc already as a band-aid, because actually fixing the wide monitor issue would take work. They've been doing this since forever since morrowind, at which point it was required, because the company was nearly bankrupt and they were trying to rush out a game on a small budget, as a last ditch hail mary, which ended up working out, and from then on, Bethesda seems to have always opted for quick workarounds instead of hard work, unless they're opting to let modders fix their issues for them, for free.

To make matters worse, Bethesda is now selling paid mods, and I doubt they intend to stop at fallout 76 or 4. Undoubtedly their new game starfall, as well as the new elder scrolls game will have paid mods as a central focus, which requires easy modding made by community members to take advantage of. As such they'll hold on to their dying engine as long as possible, to continue the status quo, until it's no longer feasable at all whatsoever, or until they find an engine to replace it, assuming their laziness doesn't win out, yet again. What i'm most curios about is how bethesda will apparoach the nexus issue, especially if they want to cordone off most mods to maximize profits, the nexus and loverslabs must be taken down.

Lot of truth in that, but instead of Morrowind i would say Oblivion. As im modding small ammount too, i find some .ini lines works exactly same and do same things in Oblivion and Skyrim or Fallout 4 it is really odd , to see it's just slightly modified engine all other these years, polished outside but with SAME sad solutions and mechanics at its core as it had at Oblivion release days.

It's like Witcher 3 on Aurora engine with changed graphics only. Lazy is good word about Bethesda, especially that they have finances to create engines for their games.
It's not about graphics, as im completely fine with even Bloodlines 1 , but with way that quests, npcs, scripts are working.
Simply engine that Bethesda created is not good for large scale sanbox crpgs they want to deliver.

At Skyrim times it was quite okay to have that mods in 2011 with such limited ammount of freedom.
But as for Fallout 4 or incoming games it looks completely shit to have so many problems to have more than few npc's acting naturally and give something more than camouflaged fetch quests in generic style.
Im affraid that without new engine , even most dedicated Elder Scrolls or Fallout nerdies [and im among these fanboys] will turn away, as lore and fanbase can't do all the work for Bethesda. God how i wish Interplay survived and take care of their franchise, and for Elder Scrolls Bethesda is on large downhill now, especially when people like me, have more fun in ES from Zenimax as it is just better Elder Scrolls title than last 2 single crpgs in ES universe.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom