Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elder Scrolls The Elder Scrolls VI - officially announced but you'll have to wait

Guess the Province/Location

• Hammerfell

• High Rock

• Valenwood

• Elsweyr

• Black Marsh

• Summerset Isle

• Daggerfall

• Akavir (kingcomrade)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Codex Year of the Donut
imagine The Elder Scrolls in the hands of a competent developer that doesn't retcon all the coolest parts of the world with every new entry.
there's no such thing as a retcon in elderscrolls lore which has the concept of CHIM and dragonbreaks

Funposter

Arcane
imagine The Elder Scrolls in the hands of a competent developer that doesn't retcon all the coolest parts of the world with every new entry.
there's no such thing as a retcon in elderscrolls lore which has the concept of CHIM and dragonbreaks
I for one am glad that Bethesda took one of their few interesting ideas and just turned it into an excuse to disregard internal consistency.

...I meant, aside from Todd. The only name I know is that of Ken Rolston; he left Bethesda after Oblivion. There must be however a core group of old timers who still work there because you don't hear often of devs/producers joining other studios and citing Bethesda as past employer.

The Daggerfall team was like 10 people, if that. Morrowind started production, proper, in 2000 with 6. It's not that inconceivable that all of the "old timers" have simply moved on, not just from the company, but from the industry as a whole.

Deleted Member 16721

The thing is, Fallout 76 failing is so hard is a great thing for TES VI. I can see Todd now, at the game presentation, saying, "I heard you guys like single player games...and NPCs" *cheers and laughter*. They know they have to knock the ball out of the park with TES VI and I see them doing that now, and actually listening to community feedback, the ones saying the game needs to be deeper and to stop removing aspects from the game for no reason. So I see TES VI being a great game because of the Fallout 76 debacle. Trussit.

msxyz

Augur
We did it reddit
https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/01/02/the-elder-scrolls-6-release-date-2019-rumor/

The Elder Scrolls 6' Will Reportedly Launch 2019 Following 'Fallout 76' Backlash, Says Analyst
Kind of make sense. Multiple rumors put Starfield in an endless declopment hell, with Bethesda staff grown to over 300 individuals, what's better than a Elder Scrolls title to grab some desperately needed cash? Expect also more microtransaction BS, mods behind paywall and of course it will be exclusive to Bethesda launcher.

It will be fun to watch the meltdown :smug:

DayofBlow

Educated
We did it reddit
https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/01/02/the-elder-scrolls-6-release-date-2019-rumor/

The Elder Scrolls 6' Will Reportedly Launch 2019 Following 'Fallout 76' Backlash, Says Analyst

lol2019, physically impossible unless it's a fucked up early access game

not talking hyuk Bethesda bugs kind, as in literally, ver.0.01 early access 7 days to die tier piece of shit

We did it reddit

Kind of make sense. Multiple rumors put Starfield in an endless declopment hell, with Bethesda staff grown to over 300 individuals, what's better than a Elder Scrolls title to grab some desperately needed cash? Expect also more microtransaction BS, mods behind paywall and of course it will be exclusive to Bethesda launcher.

It will be fun to watch the meltdown :smug:

TESVI was not even greenlit until early last year, and couldn't enter any real state of production due to FO76 being in full production and then Starfield taking whatever manpower was left. They couldn't shit a game out fast enough.

Kinda wish they tried, the end result would be a sight to see.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I'd kinda love to see them push Starfield to 2020 to avoid The Outer Worlds... only to run head-on into Cyberpunk 2077. Even if neither is 1:1 competitor it would still be drama galore.

The thing is, Fallout 76 failing is so hard is a great thing for TES VI. I can see Todd now, at the game presentation, saying, "I heard you guys like single player games...and NPCs" *cheers and laughter*. They know they have to knock the ball out of the park with TES VI and I see them doing that now, and actually listening to community feedback, the ones saying the game needs to be deeper and to stop removing aspects from the game for no reason. So I see TES VI being a great game because of the Fallout 76 debacle. Trussit.

Wishful thinking. I fully expect ES6 to have multiplayer ("building on what we started with Fallout 76") as a major component and have no mods available other than through the integrated store. Microtransactions galore. Bethesda has been slow boiling the frog for a while and now they're too far gone for me to hold out any kind of hope for future games.

ADL

Prophet
I'd kinda love to see them push Starfield to 2020 to avoid The Outer Worlds... only to run head-on into Cyberpunk 2077. Even if neither is 1:1 competitor it would still be drama galore.
Cyberpunk is this year too unless they get an extension from the Polish government for the grants they took out.

msxyz

Augur
Cyberpunk is this year too unless they get an extension from the Polish government for the grants they took out.
This. But in 2020 the battle will be nevertheless between a 1800 atoms 'scrolls' armor repaint or a 40+ hrs full blown expansion for Cyberpunk 2020 :lol:

ADL

Prophet
TESVI was not even greenlit until early last year, and couldn't enter any real state of production due to FO76 being in full production and then Starfield taking whatever manpower was left. They couldn't shit a game out fast enough.

Kinda wish they tried, the end result would be a sight to see.
I really doubt Bethesda Maryland did much beyond consulting on F76 so I wouldn't be surprised to see Starfield this year even if that means seeing it over a year before it's ready. It'll have been four years since Fallout 4 in November and I also wouldn't be surprised to see them break the November release pattern.

Bethesda is really a fish out of water now. Starfield will be demolished by the outer worlds and cyberpunk, releasing on the same year as either of them is going to hit their sales majorly. It would have been a lot smarter to push out TES 6 2019 and Starfield in 2021, basically using 2020 to work on flaws in cyberpunk and outer worlds (Obviously this is not how Bethesda works).

They would be able to ride the Skim Rim hype with TES 6, rake in huge sales and then sell Starfield as "from the creators of TES 6". Instead now since TES 6 comes out so late, they won't be able to use a game that came out 10 years before it as a reference. Because all of the underage kids will have moved on to the next big thing by 2022.

Using "From the creators of Fallout 76" to lure in the naive kids will do nothing but deter buyers.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
From what the faces of Bethesda (Todd and Pete) have been saying, Starfield is essentially a next-gen console game (with versions on current gen ones), so it's probably 2020 at earliest anyway.

Quillon

Arcane
They said "a few years away" for Cyberpunk back at e3 so how people got the idea that it would be released in 2019?

ADL

Prophet
They said "a few years away" for Cyberpunk back at e3 so how people got the idea that it would be released in 2019?
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...rom-polish-governments-usd27-4m-research-fund

The official document shared by the NCBR gives us a decent amount of insight on each proposal. CDPR’s four proposals were focused on the following game development goals:

City Creation

Comprehensive technology for the creation of “live”, playable in real-time, cities of great scale based on the principles of artificial intelligence and automation and taking into account the development of innovative processes and tools supporting the creation of high-quality open world games.

Seamless Multiplayer

Comprehensive technology enables the creation of unique gameplay for many players, taking into account the search of opponents, session management, replication facilities, and support of a variety of game modes along with a unique set of dedicated tools.

Cinematic Feel

Comprehensive technology for providing a unique, film quality RPG with open world, also taking into account innovative solutions Process and unique set of dedicated tools.

Animation Excellence

Comprehensive technology enabling a significant increase in quality and production of complex face and body animations for open world RPG games, also taking into account the innovative process solutions and a unique set of dedicated tools.

All of the applications mention a timeline from 01/2016 and 01/2017 till June 29, 2019. The development goals must be reached within this timeframe, implying that Cyberpunk 2077 should be released somewhere in the first half of 2019. Of course, there’s the possibility that these deadlines will be extended if requested.

Also https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/08/24/cyberpunk-2077-is-now-playable-from-start-to-finish

Last edited:

Quillon

Arcane
They must have extended those deadlines cos they'd have announced a release date if they were to release it in 6 months.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Another analyst said, that Bethesda is a likely target for an acquisition by one of the FAANG (Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Netflix, Google) companies in 2019.

Duraframe300

Arcane
I wonder where Elder Scrolls (and games in general from a technical standpoint) would be if Julian Jensen/Lafey stayed in charge of the series instead of Todd.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I wonder where Elder Scrolls (and games in general from a technical standpoint) would be if Julian Jensen/Lafey stayed in charge of the series instead of Todd.

It would sell few million copies less and be few million times better. We'd have RPG matrix by now, full blown Elder Scrolls isekai*

World would be a better place...

*based of Julian's 3 hour long interview

user

Savant
I wonder what Todd will be streamlining this time around...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom