Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elder Scrolls The Elder Scrolls VI - officially announced but you'll have to wait

Guess the Province/Location

• Hammerfell

• High Rock

• Valenwood

• Elsweyr

• Black Marsh

• Summerset Isle

• Daggerfall

• Akavir (kingcomrade)

Results are only viewable after voting.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
What was memorable from Skyrim?

Only one thing comes to mind - when I discovered Blackreach. I didn't see it coming at all, it was a total surprise and I remember walking around pretty wowed and wide-eyed. Also the music still remains one of the best videogame OSTs ever. Apart from that I thought it was a buggy, humdrum mess with barely acceptable combat and terrible writing, voiceacting and itemization. The world itself was ok but in 2011 it was nothing special anymore, the world in Gothic 3 was much more epic and even prettier in most places (and that game was 3 years older).

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Sovngarde suffered a lot when Alduin turns out to be the same, damn dragon as the rest, but it had good music and looks. I do remember meeting Ulfrik for the first time and thinking, this war is going to be interesting.

Casting a starter light spell to enter the College of Winterhold was memorable.:hahano:

Yosharian

Arcane
Fantastic stuff from the bastion of game journalism that is Kotaku:

Some of my favorite moments with [Fallout 76] so far have simply been exploring a dilapidated house or factory building alone, picking through containers while the game’s soundtrack of beautiful forlorn violins hum softly in the background. At times Fallout 76 has the emotional resonance and narrative slow burn of a walking simulator, in which environmental storytelling through found objects and audio recordings do the bulk of the heavy lifting.

I eagerly await the emotional resonance, narrative slow burn, and picking through containers that I'm sure will be a big part of Elder Scrolls 6. I only mourn the fact that ES6 will surely contain actual NPCs to deliver quests, rather than relying on shitty audiotapes lying around the place.

Butter

Arcane
Patron

Some of my favorite moments with [Fallout 76] so far have simply been exploring a dilapidated house or factory building alone, picking through containers while the game’s soundtrack of beautiful forlorn violins hum softly in the background. At times Fallout 76 has the emotional resonance and narrative slow burn of a walking simulator, in which environmental storytelling through found objects and audio recordings do the bulk of the heavy lifting.

I eagerly await the emotional resonance, narrative slow burn, and picking through containers that I'm sure will be a big part of Elder Scrolls 6. I only mourn the fact that ES6 will surely contain actual NPCs to deliver quests, rather than relying on shitty audiotapes lying around the place.
But with any luck, ES6 might be always online multiplayer.

Yosharian

Arcane

But with any luck, ES6 might be always online multiplayer.
Ah, this is obviously some strange usage of the word 'luck' that I wasn't previously aware of.

Squid

Arbiter
Ah, this is obviously some strange usage of the word 'luck' that I wasn't previously aware of.
It's easier to accept that you shouldn't get the game at all even if you loved something about the series when a major part of the series is undermined. How many people that hate how Fallout is being made bought 4 but won't buy 76? That's how I see it. They slap that always online multiplayer aspect onto it and people have an easier time saying no to it.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
Modders already started to work to add the singleplayer game.

Chance are however that it will be a platforming multiplayer game running only on smartphones.

M. AQVILA

Arcane
Sovngarde suffered a lot when Alduin turns out to be the same, damn dragon as the rest, but it had good music and looks. I do remember meeting Ulfrik for the first time and thinking, this war is going to be interesting.

Casting a starter light spell to enter the College of Winterhold was memorable.:hahano:

Yeah the game always falls short in some way or another, but it has memorable moments. It wasn't a complete failure. Now can you imagine if Skyrim wasn't dumbed down and had good gameplay? If they stuck to their amazing lore instead of walking over it? Such wasted potential should be criminal.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The main quests in most TES games are forgettable. The fun is in piddling around the world and exploring. Bethesderp still does a decent job of that if you can tolerate derpy writing.

msxyz

Augur
How many key people from the Daggerfall/Morrowind days still work at Bethesda?

Well, at least you could share your schadenfreude moments with other people, instead that with only NPCs :lol:

msxyz

Augur
...I meant, aside from Todd. The only name I know is that of Ken Rolston; he left Bethesda after Oblivion. There must be however a core group of old timers who still work there because you don't hear often of devs/producers joining other studios and citing Bethesda as past employer.

Epsilon

Cipher
̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶m̶i̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶a̶n̶ Jeff Gardner works there as well. He was also there during the development of Morrowind. He presented Fallout 76, at Quakecon together with Todd.

Generic-Giant-Spider

The best part about Skyrim for me was in that Barrow Den, whatever the fuck that throwaway place you get sent to after the tutorial was called, anyways, you go in there and eventually you're faced with fighting a proper generic giant spider. It drops in from the ceiling and if you looked up you see it in the arachnid equivalent of a "T pose" all the way to when it hits the ground and then animates as intended. It was the goofiest shit I've ever seen and broke out in such cacophonous, high pitched laughter, my neighbor the apartment over probably thought I was fucking a dedicated Harley Quinn cosplayer or something.

Sentinel

Arcane
imagine The Elder Scrolls in the hands of a competent developer that doesn't retcon all the coolest parts of the world with every new entry.

imagine The Elder Scrolls in the hands of a competent developer that doesn't retcon all the coolest parts of the world with every new entry.
Do you think Todd will now hire Chris Avellone, since he's a freelancer, to write two lines of dialogue and credit TES6 to be written by him? :positive:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom