Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Elder Scrolls The Elder Scrolls VI - officially announced but you'll have to wait

Discussion in 'Bethesda Game Studios' started by Orma, Jun 11, 2018.

Tags:
?

Guess the Province/Location

1. Hammerfell

2. High Rock

3. Valenwood

4. Elsweyr

5. Black Marsh

6. Summerset Isle

7. Daggerfall

8. Akavir (kingcomrade)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. cvv Arcane Patron

cvv
    Only one thing comes to mind - when I discovered Blackreach. I didn't see it coming at all, it was a total surprise and I remember walking around pretty wowed and wide-eyed. Also the music still remains one of the best videogame OSTs ever. Apart from that I thought it was a buggy, humdrum mess with barely acceptable combat and terrible writing, voiceacting and itemization. The world itself was ok but in 2011 it was nothing special anymore, the world in Gothic 3 was much more epic and even prettier in most places (and that game was 3 years older).

• Brofist x 3
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Yes x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. RNGsus fed up taxi driver Patron

RNGsus
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    ^ Top  
  3. Dedicated_Dark Savant

Dedicated_Dark
    Fire Emil Pagliarulo. Solution to every problem.

• Agree x 3
    • incline x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • Thanks! x 1
    • Salute x 1
    • Deus Vult x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. M. AQVILA Arcane

M. AQVILA
    Sovngarde, that's how fantasy should be done.

The soundtrack:

The dragons, not fighting them but interacting with them. Like Paarthurnax, Odahviing and the zombie one.

Being a Nordic hero with dragon blood and soul.

Finally having a join able vampire faction that is fleshed out.

• :( :( x 1
    • (autism) (autism) x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. RNGsus fed up taxi driver Patron

RNGsus
    Sovngarde suffered a lot when Alduin turns out to be the same, damn dragon as the rest, but it had good music and looks. I do remember meeting Ulfrik for the first time and thinking, this war is going to be interesting.

Casting a starter light spell to enter the College of Winterhold was memorable.:hahano:

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Yosharian Cipher

Yosharian
    Fixable with mods :obviously:

^ Top  
  7. RNGsus fed up taxi driver Patron

RNGsus
    Sure it is, and fixable in development.:cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Yosharian Cipher

Yosharian
    'Development'? Is that what you call Todd Howard throwing shit at a wall and picking the turd that sticks to go into his game?

Relevant: https://i.imgur.com/Rim4Lgq.png This was quite popular on the Fallout subreddit, it got 6200 upvotes which is basically somewhat viral for Reddit

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Makes you think... Makes you think... x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Yosharian Cipher

Yosharian
    Fantastic stuff from the bastion of game journalism that is Kotaku:

I eagerly await the emotional resonance, narrative slow burn, and picking through containers that I'm sure will be a big part of Elder Scrolls 6. I only mourn the fact that ES6 will surely contain actual NPCs to deliver quests, rather than relying on shitty audiotapes lying around the place.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Butter Arcane

Butter
    But with any luck, ES6 might be always online multiplayer.

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Yosharian Cipher

Yosharian
    Ah, this is obviously some strange usage of the word 'luck' that I wasn't previously aware of.

^ Top  
  12. SquidVan Learned

SquidVan
    It's easier to accept that you shouldn't get the game at all even if you loved something about the series when a major part of the series is undermined. How many people that hate how Fallout is being made bought 4 but won't buy 76? That's how I see it. They slap that always online multiplayer aspect onto it and people have an easier time saying no to it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Makes you think... Makes you think... x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Nifft Batuff Arbiter

Nifft Batuff
    Modders already started to work to add the singleplayer game.

Chance are however that it will be a platforming multiplayer game running only on smartphones.

^ Top  
  14. M. AQVILA Arcane

M. AQVILA
    Yeah the game always falls short in some way or another, but it has memorable moments. It wasn't a complete failure. Now can you imagine if Skyrim wasn't dumbed down and had good gameplay? If they stuck to their amazing lore instead of walking over it? Such wasted potential should be criminal.

• Rage Rage x 1
    • NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    The main quests in most TES games are forgettable. The fun is in piddling around the world and exploring. Bethesderp still does a decent job of that if you can tolerate derpy writing.

• FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 2
    • cool story bro cool story bro x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Yosharian Cipher

Yosharian
    SHAUUUUUUUUN

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. msxyz Augur

msxyz
    How many key people from the Daggerfall/Morrowind days still work at Bethesda?

Well, at least you could share your schadenfreude moments with other people, instead that with only NPCs :lol:

• NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Makabb Arcane Shitposter Bethestard

Makabb
    Todd :troll:

He was coding on Daggerfall and Morrowind

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Slam dunk! Slam dunk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. msxyz Augur

msxyz
    ...I meant, aside from Todd. The only name I know is that of Ken Rolston; he left Bethesda after Oblivion. There must be however a core group of old timers who still work there because you don't hear often of devs/producers joining other studios and citing Bethesda as past employer.

^ Top  
  20. Epsilon Cipher

Epsilon
    ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶m̶i̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶a̶n̶ Jeff Gardner works there as well. He was also there during the development of Morrowind. He presented Fallout 76, at Quakecon together with Todd.

^ Top  
  21. Generic-Giant-Spider Arcane

Generic-Giant-Spider
    The best part about Skyrim for me was in that Barrow Den, whatever the fuck that throwaway place you get sent to after the tutorial was called, anyways, you go in there and eventually you're faced with fighting a proper generic giant spider. It drops in from the ceiling and if you looked up you see it in the arachnid equivalent of a "T pose" all the way to when it hits the ground and then animates as intended. It was the goofiest shit I've ever seen and broke out in such cacophonous, high pitched laughter, my neighbor the apartment over probably thought I was fucking a dedicated Harley Quinn cosplayer or something.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    • (autism) (autism) x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    spiders are fucking spooky

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. TheSentinel Arcane

TheSentinel
    imagine The Elder Scrolls in the hands of a competent developer that doesn't retcon all the coolest parts of the world with every new entry.

• Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 2
    • When words are not enough When words are not enough x 2
    ^ Top  
  24. Feargus Jewhart Learned

Feargus Jewhart
    Do you think Todd will now hire Chris Avellone, since he's a freelancer, to write two lines of dialogue and credit TES6 to be written by him? :positive:

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.