Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elder Scrolls The Elder Scrolls VI - officially announced but you'll have to wait

Guess the Province/Location

• Hammerfell

• High Rock

• Valenwood

• Elsweyr

• Black Marsh

• Summerset Isle

• Daggerfall

• Akavir (kingcomrade)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
You can see it in how they've approached every title post morrowind

It's not realy a secret, Todd said himself in one of the interviews that he is just remaking 'one game (morrowind) over and over again'

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Yeah, the video is spot on. If you have still doubts, there are a couple of more hints:

- Bethesda registered the name "Redfall" last year. Kinda fits to "Hammerfell" by the name alone, doesn't it? Just more edgy.
- "Redfall" - Red and Brown are similar in tones. They apply to Hammerfell in environment and races.
- Their lates video about including "grandma" into the game also showed some photogrammetry of red canyon rocks.
- The fact that they registered the name Redfall in autumn (leaf colors are yellow, red, brown) is also perplexing.

Quite certain, that it's Hammerfell area.

So is it a giant desert? Another Morrowind? Not sure, but a large part of the map probably is. Doesn't get me too excited tbh. Oblivion and Skyrim had at least the bonus of serving as a hiking simulator (because somewhat appealing environment) but a giant desert? I don't know...

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I'd guess Hammerfell and High Rock. That way they can go full "different" with the desert but also have some typical medieval shit in High Rock. That worked well for them in Skyrim, a little weird and a lot typical.

Codex Year of the Donut
So is it pretty much confirmed that it will be niggerfell even tho there was already that shitty redgard game?

The reasoning that it can't be Elsweyr is shit.
"it could be possible but it isn't likely"
???
They have an expansion for their MMO coming out featuring Elsweyr, it would be entirely unsurprising to use it to hype TES6. Bethesda is known to not give release dates for their games until shortly before their launch.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
???
They have an expansion for their MMO coming out featuring Elsweyr, it would be entirely unsurprising to use it to hype TES6. Bethesda is known to not give release dates for their games until shortly before their launch.

I'd guess the MMO focusing on something likely makes it less likely the next big game will, not more. You don't want redundancies or lore/design clashes so close together.

Codex Year of the Donut
???

I'd guess the MMO focusing on something likely makes it less likely the next big game will, not more. You don't want redundancies or lore/design clashes so close together.
They're set a thousand years apart.

Delterius

Arcane
???

They're set a thousand years apart.
isn't fallout 3 hundreds of years after 2

makes you think emoji with a todd face

a cut of domestic sheep prime

It's bound to be Hammerfell
Told you
Yeah, I guess it was an inevitability.

Well, the posts all got moved because some were slightly off-topic.

But more on-topic:
I hate Hammerfell and all of its filthy NIGGERS.

The game will be shit.

Also, can anyone give me a synopsis on the old Redguard game an how its Redguards differ from current Bethesda Redguards? edit: nvm, found it
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/redguards-are-now-woke.127245/page-3#post-6104429

Last edited by a moderator:

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
mhmmmmmmmmmmmmm time for a female redguard Blade agent with an afro and akaviri bellbottoms who splits atoms using her blade and mastery of iaido

Shadenuat

Arcane
It's interesting, but Bethesda could't even make vikings fun, so I doubt their eastern setting would be fun either, unless they get Kirkbride back and provide him years of supply of drugs.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I dunno man, Skyrim has a ton of issues but I also had a ton of fun with it for a while especially with mods to make it moar hardcore dude. On the other hand Fallout 4, Oblivion, Fallout 3, 76 and their mobile games are unadulterated garbage so they've got more misses than hits for sure and I have little hope in their future games.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hammerfell would be great and Redguards have pretty cool lore.

If Sword-Singers are in the game and your character shouts "Shehai Shen She Ru!" before summoning a spirit sword + has jedi outcast/academy style combat I will ALMOST forgive Toddler for taking spellmaking out of skyrim.

Just about anything would be better than High Rock and another generic medieval fucking game. Only thing worse would be more fucking vikings.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Why are you guys pretending like some fan analysis video from 2018 is a confirmation that it's taking place in hammerfell?
it looks pretty believable, but yeah, you're right. Nothing is certain.
Just about anything would be better than High Rock and another generic medieval fucking game. Only thing worse would be more fucking vikings.
that's why I believe they do Hammerfell over just High Rock, though I agree that they will try to include part of High Rock.

As much nosaligia as there is over Morrowcrap, I doubt they will want to abandon the generic fantasy option for players that want it.

just like Skyrim, the entirety of it wasn't frozen Nord lands, much of it looked typical fantasy.

6lBs58w.jpg

I am actually shocked that people are still interested in Elder Scrolls VI. I am a bit biased, having pretty much always hated Bethesda games, but at least in the period from 1994 to 2014, they really didn't have much competition if you happen to like open world games. First two Gothics, the first Risen, New Vegas, and maybe some of the GTA/RDR games. That's just several games spread over 20 years, and some of them very little known. So it was understandable that people hypnotized themselves into believing they could mod Skyrim into a good game, with 200+ mods or enough psychedelics.

But now? It makes no sense. Open world games are doing better than ever. Since 2015, there have been legitimately amazing open world games released at a regular clip. Witcher 3 redefined open world storytelling and presentation, Breath of the Wild did the same for exploration and world interaction, Kingdom Come introduced a fresh historical take also presenting an impressive amount of in-depth systems, and ELEX was a return to form for old school legends Piranha Bytes. Each of these is getting either a sequel, or the open world game from the same studio. There is also Red Dead Redemption 2, which I haven't played yet, but seems to be at least better than a typical Bethesda game from reviews. And if you absolutely must have mindless open world carousing, the last two Assassin's Creed games are more fun than any Bethesda product. And you better believe they have the next one in works, possibly Viking themed.

So I have no idea why people are still interested in Bethesda. Is it inertia? Remember, this is a studio that in its entire history has never really innovated or improved or anything. Do you really think their last two flops (F4 and F76) are going to suddenly make them change their MO and create deep interesting systems and great writing for TES6? Or, perhaps more likely, you will get more of "Ah, where is my son?" dialogue wheels? I am betting on the latter.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Which other Open World RPG exactly is 1st person and by that a competitor? I don't know even know of a current competitor. Not even a possible competitor in the makings. And when TES6 comes out, you will see it will still have no competitors. Yeah it's sad, but that's the state of things.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I think the reason why TES has such a big appeal is because of the sandbox-esque nature, fully interactable world and a decent balance of scale and detail. It doesn't have much competition.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom