Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blizzard announced "Classic" World of Warcraft

GrainWetski

Arcane
Your memory is failing you grandpa. The income from questing and selling trash loot is enough to buy all of your skill training and a mount without engaging with the auction house while levelling.

Buying a bunch of profession training while levelling could change the equation. But you would be better off holding onto copper and other raw materials until more level 60 players are looking to buy them than selling them to other poor level 30s.
That's not even remotely close to true unless "Classic" has increased gold(copper) drop rates.

J1M

Arcane
I am baffled at these responses. Maybe you guys had significantly higher repair bills from dying more often or something, but I am speaking from first-hand experience. (55 Alliance Mage in beta and a 60 Horde Warrior at launch.)

There were certainly plenty of people whining about not being able to afford a mount. 15 years ago I couldn't figure out what type of person would have that issue. Mystery solved. :lol:

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Dude, when I leveled my mage in vanilla, I had to skip non-essential spells, because I had no money. I only bought the mount at 44 I think, because I was a bum.

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
Naxxramas was very important as a raid in general, it told you who in your guild was actually retarded thanks to Thaddius' fight showing who knows what clockwise is, and who didn't and would end up killing 4 people at once.

Suffice to say, many e-gurlz met their end to Thaddius. Fittingly, Thaddius is lorewise a construct made up of women and children.

I saw this video:

The gist of it: streamer hates being corpse camped by stream snipers, wants for the network of streamers to compile a "blacklist" of stream snipers to avoid doing anything with and to use whatever influence they hold over their devoted fans to push it.

His dream scenario is these stream snipers will be so undesired and avoided they'll tremendously lag behind the gear treadmill and become irrelevant.

But little does he know...

Eviscerate deals "STATIC" DAMAGE.

The Codex needs to be aware of the altruistic, yet crucial work one RichTurpin is doing.

Ohmy, all the entertainment of griefing with bonus real time reactions you can clip into a montage.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Naxxramas was very important as a raid in general, it told you who in your guild was actually retarded thanks to Thaddius' fight showing who knows what clockwise is, and who didn't and would end up killing 4 people at once.

Suffice to say, many e-gurlz met their end to Thaddius. Fittingly, Thaddius is lorewise a construct made up of women and children.

I saw this video:

The gist of it: streamer hates being corpse camped by stream snipers, wants for the network of streamers to compile a "blacklist" of stream snipers to avoid doing anything with and to use whatever influence they hold over their devoted fans to push it.

His dream scenario is these stream snipers will be so undesired and avoided they'll tremendously lag behind the gear treadmill and become irrelevant.

But little does he know...

Eviscerate deals "STATIC" DAMAGE.

The Codex needs to be aware of the altruistic, yet crucial work one RichTurpin is doing.

I propose to join this nomad on his gallant adventure to purge Azeroth of all streamer scum.

Deus Vult.

Sons of the Harpy these niggaz back to 3v3 arena lololol

Beastro

Arcane
Your memory is failing you grandpa. The income from questing and selling trash loot is enough to buy all of your skill training and a mount without engaging with the auction house while levelling.

Buying a bunch of profession training while levelling could change the equation. But you would be better off holding onto copper and other raw materials until more level 60 players are looking to buy them than selling them to other poor level 30s.

For a Shammy there wasn't much grinding to be done once I got 60 for my mount. I could see it being different for more gear dependent classes, though others in my guild didn't have much problem.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm in agreement with the others here. I knew people who had to skip training for 6 levels or so before 40, or missed getting their mounts until 43 or 44. Maybe we were just all shit at the game or wasting our money or something but my memory on it is pretty clear.

Parabalus

Arcane
Respecs can get pretty costly as well, if you have to switch between raid/farm/PvP builds you can easily burn through a lot of money.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I'm in agreement with the others here. I knew people who had to skip training for 6 levels or so before 40, or missed getting their mounts until 43 or 44. Maybe we were just all shit at the game or wasting our money or something but my memory on it is pretty clear.

I know a lot of rogues basically completely underestimated pick pocketing as a money earner, that's even if you opened lockboxes for other people seeing as skill itself was a bitch to raise. It was customary to lag a bit behind your first mount training unless you were preparing for it with some gathering on the side or got lucky, yes.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I just took a warrior to 60 on Elysium or whatever the fuck it was last year. Quest rewards are not enough to buy skills let alone gear. To get my mount at 40 i had to sell ores and stones, and i had to play around the AH a bit too since price would fluctuate constantly. A single stack of iron could go between 50s to 1g and very rarely higher, so i had to stash it all to wait for the opportunity to double it. Copper and bronze would actually sell higher (less supply, since iron is frikking everywhere). Mithril sold high too, but usually the areas where its at are farmed to death. Thorium you just vendor. Gold too is good vendor fodder, and there's some areas where it's easy to find because people who quest there can't mine it yet (it is VERY useful to grind your gathering skills before hitting an area that has a certain resource because chances are nobody will be able to gather it since most people are too lazy to train their skills).

Classic will be easier because it will have fishing spools at launch, so it's even more pointless to just start dropping full gold coins to new characters.

As for gear, i just made sure to get my hands on the best blue weapon from instances (easy to get into them as a tank), and buy greens with "bad" stats, like the ones with spirit (which actually isn't bad for warriors but usually sells like crap on the AH). That is, until you hit 40 since people don't put shit plate on the AH since it's just better to vendor it, but at that point you should already have a good deal of blues from instances to make up for it. And voila, warrior leveling in a nutshell.

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane
Respecs can get pretty costly as well, if you have to switch between raid/farm/PvP builds you can easily burn through a lot of money.

That came afterwards, at least in classic.

Respects were in vanilla. Forgot what patch they put them in but it doesn't matter since classic will have them.

Psure he meant that they weren't a money sink till 60, which is mostly true.

The 50g cost was quite prohibitive though.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
It starts at 1g and only gets to 50g if you do it over and over, which you shouldn't. If you plan your character right there's no reason to respect more than a couple of times.

50g is high but once you buy your epic mount it doesn't matter anymore. That's usually the point where you can start to fuck around with meme specs if your class has any because gold won't be an issue anymore, unless you really need that one piece of epic gear that goes for over 1000g in the AH, but usually buying those involve guild participation.

J1M

Arcane
1) The word is 'respec', as in re-specialization, not 'respect'.

2) Asserting knowledge based on private servers, which are known to have many differences, especially those with regards to levelling speed, is retarded.

3) Maybe don't spend your money on equipment that represents a marginal improvement to a fraction of 1/16th of your stats until after you can afford to increase your movement speed...

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
1) The word is 'respec', as in re-specialization, not 'respect'.

:hmmm:

2) Asserting knowledge based on private servers, which are known to have many differences, especially those with regards to levelling speed, is retarded.

:hmmm:

3) Maybe don't spend your money on equipment that represents a marginal improvement to a fraction of 1/16th of your stats until after you can afford to increase your movement speed...

Never played a warrior i see.

Any other retarded shit you'd like to add?

J1M

Arcane
As I said above, I had a 60 warrior at vanilla launch.

But go ahead, elaborate on how leveling in WoW is hard and how +2 str, +2 stam is important. :lol:

GrainWetski

Arcane
You definitely sound like an expert on vanilla.

No one's buying some +2str/stam belt as a warrior. A weapon that is godly at 30 can be trash at 34 and that's where the money goes.

Ninjerk

Arcane

No one's buying some +2str/stam belt as a warrior. A weapon that is godly at 30 can be trash at 34 and that's where the money goes.
I'm a bit skeptical that the money is enough without grinding as J1M said, but he is about to dunk on your ass with this one.

J1M

Arcane

I'm a bit skeptical that the money is enough without grinding as J1M said, but he is about to dunk on your ass with this one.
A great chance for them to learn about the whirlwind axe quest. :smug:

Don't get me wrong, I am sure someone could get to 60 short of money. But if you aren't buying stupid amounts of repairs or reagents or playing exclusively with rested xp you will be fine.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I don't remember respecs being added during a patch; I'm pretty sure they were in from the beginning. They might have changed the cost at some point from a flat fee to a scaling one.

J1M

Arcane
I don't remember respecs being added during a patch; I'm pretty sure they were in from the beginning. They might have changed the cost at some point from a flat fee to a scaling one.
They were added to beta because people were restarting characters to change talents.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
But go ahead, elaborate on how leveling in WoW is hard and how +2 str, +2 stam is important. :lol:

Nobody said about upgrading every single level, but you HAVE to keep up with your gear, where as with other classes it's less critical.

It's not really that expensive either, if you know how to buy.

This all puts a dent to idea you can just get by with quest money only. You can't, least of all in the beginning, unless you really enjoy your downtime and having to eat after every fight.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom