Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Aledorn (formerly Dungeons of Aledorn) - Realms of Arkania-like RPG

karnak

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
Would hate to see this game go to waste. I sure hope they manage to find some sort of financial support for the project.

karnak

Arcane
Patron
Would hate to see this game go to waste. I sure hope they manage to find some sort of financial support for the project.

Was there an official update?
Nope. I just wanted to find out what had happened to this game (I had high hopes for it) and finally managed to find this thread regarding its development. Sad that almost no-one seems to remember it now. It garnered quite some hype when its KS launched.

grimace

Arcane
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1153206899/dungeons-of-aledorn-old-school-hardcore-rpg/comments

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1153206899/dungeons-of-aledorn-old-school-hardcore-rpg/comments
Martin Zboril (Team21)Creator about 1 month ago
Hi Peter,

Project is still alive, but it has a lot of problems. This project is much bigger than expected. This year we would like to finally release a beta and we believe it will be done. We actually work on the game in three people, which is about five times less than it would be. I only work on the game in our free time and not much.

Thx for your patience

Nefarit

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Another developer underestimated the depth and scope a topical CRPG has. Still I wish them luck and determination to ship something good.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
We actually work on the game in three people, which is about five times less than it would be. I only work on the game in our free time and not much.

Uhm, wut? Can someone translate this for me?

Are there only three people left to work on the game, wasn't this originally a bigger development team? And they only work on that in their free time? I assume due to being occupied with normal daily jobs? If so, thats not looking too good right there.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
We actually work on the game in three people, which is about five times less than it would be. I only work on the game in our free time and not much.

Uhm, wut? Can someone translate this for me?

Are there only three people left to work on the game, wasn't this originally a bigger development team? And they only work on that in their free time? I assume due to being occupied with normal daily jobs? If so, thats not looking too good right there.
Sounds like that. It seems like they were a 15 man team. Not only are they working on their free time, but they aren't working on it much.
The concept of the game seemed really cool, but I had a feeling that there would be difficulties in development. Like a "it's too good to be true" situation. Did I know? Nope, just a gut feeling.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Seems contradictory to their last update:

And one more thing, our main programmer Martin Miks is finalizing v2 of our internal editor tool, which should help us a lot and it will allow us to work lot faster, which means, game should be done in quicker pace and you will be able to play it sooner.

I guess it doesn't matter that its only three dudes slaving away on the game in their free time 'and not much' if their amazing editor at least allows them to make progress at a 'quicker pace'. :M

norolim

Arcane
Martin Zboril (Team21)Creator about 1 month ago
Project is still alive, but it has a lot of problems. This project is much bigger than expected. This year we would like to finally release a beta and we believe it will be done. We actually work on the game in three people, which is about five times less than it would be. I only work on the game in our free time and not much.
This is never getting finished. Here goes my hard earned 9 bucks :cool:. Although, the one backer that pledged $7000 must be fuming every day since February 2017.

karnak

Arcane
Patron
Honestly, I think that if they had no desire to finish the game they'd have terminated it one year ago. I suppose they really want to leave a "legacy" of some kind, even if it turns out to be a mediocre game.

grimace

Arcane
547eba632ed6e65e69a8b4d69fd8147d_original.jpg

Honestly, I think that if they had no desire to finish the game they'd have terminated it one year ago. I suppose they really want to leave a "legacy" of some kind, even if it turns out to be a mediocre game.

Did the vision of the game outgrow the UNITY engine?

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'll just say out loud that not every RPG needs to be 50 hours long. If an RPG has good chardev and combat but only lasts 10 hours, I'd still be into it. Maybe moreso. A "tech demo" with full features but not a lot of content could still be great.

karnak

Arcane
Patron
I'll just say out loud that not every RPG needs to be 50 hours long. If an RPG has good chardev and combat but only lasts 10 hours, I'd still be into it. Maybe moreso. A "tech demo" with full features but not a lot of content could still be great.
Or they could try to sell it by episodes. The sale of an episode funding the next one.

Last edited:

Watser

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
And it's dead: https://www.kickstarter.com/project...aledorn-old-school-hardcore-rpg/posts/2462679

Greetings backers, friends and fans of Dungeons of Aledorn. I have some sad news. This is the last update I am writing on Kickstater. Me, Ladislav"Nefarit" Štojdl and our chief programmer Martin "Arbiter" Mikš have decided to leave Team21 due to long-term disagreements within the team.

What does it mean for Dungeons of Aledorn?
The biggest one is that the game will not be finished by Team21. The coding and game design are in good shape, but we will need to start over with the graphics, as all the purchased asets will remain in ownership of Team21. This is a is a large setback and will mean time delay. Kickstarter obligations remain with Team21, but if we manage to finish the game with Arbiter and new graphic designer, then we will still honor you, our dear backers. and will provide you with rewards like free game copies.

Due to copyright issues we will be renaming the game from "Dungeons of Aledorn" to just "Aledorn".
Fortunately the design and story are mine, so we will not have to make any changes there.

We do sincerely apologize to all of you, but it was a necessary step to take, if we wanted to keep moving forward. We are still negotiating and there still is a chance to strike a deal with Team21 that wll allow us to use the assets we purchased with your backing.

Best regards,
Nefarit
Game designer & project lead
Change tag to vaporware please.
:negative:

Last edited by a moderator:

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
So if Kickstarter obligations are with Team21 (whoever that is), how can they post updates on Kickstarter?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sounds like a CreativeForge-type situation, where they sold their studio to investors and ended up getting kicked out of their own company.

V_K

Arcane
Looking at Realms of Arkania remakes, Barkley 2, Henkel's failed kickstarters and this, it seems like having RoA as an influence dooms the project outright :negative:
In this case it was kinda predictable though - from the very beginning the project showed a lot of ambition but not a lot of professionalism.

m_s0

Arcane
Dodged that bullet.

I would've liked to see this finished, though. RIP.

thesecret1

Arcane
Me, Ladislav"Nefarit" Štojdl and our chief programmer Martin "Arbiter" Mikš have decided to leave Team21 due to long-term disagreements within the team.
I thought it was 3 guys doing this in their free time. Did the two leave the third? Is Team21 just one guy now?

OracleX

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
pledged back then, dunno how much... guess it's best to leave it like that, huh....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom